Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

70 camaro swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2024, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 593 Likes on 471 Posts

That sounds like a great plan for the build. I hear ALOT of great reviews on Quick Performance . On your 3rd member, do you know what brand gears that you went with? How quiet is the rear?

when I was pricing the rear out I figured I’d have to get the 3rd member from John’s Differential . I’ve heard good things about their Stealth version.

Sorry about all of the questions. Just trying to learn.

thanks,
Jim
Old 06-16-2024, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
That sounds like a great plan for the build. I hear ALOT of great reviews on Quick Performance . On your 3rd member, do you know what brand gears that you went with? How quiet is the rear?

when I was pricing the rear out I figured I’d have to get the 3rd member from John’s Differential . I’ve heard good things about their Stealth version.

Sorry about all of the questions. Just trying to learn.

thanks,
Jim
no problem. I’m really not sure what gears are in the 3rd member but they are quite and I love the tru track it works awesome. Never dealt with John’s differential so I can’t help you on that one but I have read a lot of good reviews on quick performance.
Old 06-18-2024, 11:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

It good to hear QP sourced gear are quite. When you swapped the 4L80 E, trans, where did you have to clearance the trans tunnel, Was it merely cutting off the ears near the bell housing and hammering the tunnel for the pan? Thanks
Old 06-18-2024, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
It good to hear QP sourced gear are quite. When you swapped the 4L80 E, trans, where did you have to clearance the trans tunnel, Was it merely cutting off the ears near the bell housing and hammering the tunnel for the pan? Thanks
I cut the ears off the trans so it would clear my headers better as far as the tunnel I didn’t have to do anything it’s close but nothing hits. If you do the swap be sure to connect your trans lines to trans before you install just makes it alot easier not much room in there to get a wrench.
Old 06-27-2024, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok. Thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: 70 camaro swap