Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawks Third Gen takes serious blow

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hawks Third Gen takes serious blow

Hey guys, found out some really bad news from Bruce Hawkins this morning. Neil Cothran, a man who has been with Bruce through thick and thin in building Hawks Third Gen Parts, died in a car accident yesterday morning. Bruce asked me to post this up for him:

Donald Neil Cothran Jr. 9/16/1980-6/12/2005
We will be closed June 13-15, 2005 due to the death of Neil Cothran, an employee, f-body enthusiast, & beloved best friend of us at Hawks Third Generation. We ask for your patience & compassion in the next few weeks as he was a huge part of our day to day lives. To all who knew Neil and would like to pay respects, memorial services are as follows
Monday June 13 7:00pm-8:30pm Receiving Friends at Gray's Mortuary in Pelzer SC & Funeral Services will be Tuesday June 14 2:00pm at Beech Springs Tabernacle in Ware Place, burial will be at Greenville Memorial Gardens.

Last edited by 89FormulaLS2; 06-13-2005 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Neil was a really good guy. Although I only got to meet him briefly on my two trips to Hawks, it was obvious that he was into f-bodies as much as any of us.

The 3rd gen Camaro in the picture was Neil's, and was one of the first LS1 conversions that Hawk's did. Neil was the wiring expert, and was Bruce's right hand man.

Neil was personally working on my car, so I'm not sure how long that is going to set the project back................. but right now, it just doesn't seem that important.

Please send your prayers for Neil's family (he was an only child), his friends, and his co-workers at Hawks Third Gen Parts.

Adam LaClair
Old 06-13-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

Yea i called Bruce today and found out the bad news, just wanted to give Neil and his family my best wishes.
Originally Posted by 89FormulaLS2
Neil was a really good guy. Although I only got to meet him briefly on my two trips to Hawks, it was obvious that he was into f-bodies as much as any of us.

The 3rd gen Camaro in the picture was Neil's, and was one of the first LS1 conversions that Hawk's did. Neil was the wiring expert, and was Bruce's right hand man.

Neil was personally working on my car, so I'm not sure how long that is going to set the project back................. but right now, it just doesn't seem that important.

Please send your prayers for Neil's family (he was an only child), his friends, and his co-workers at Hawks Third Gen Parts.

Adam LaClair
Old 06-13-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

No man is an island, entire of itself, but a part of the whole, a part of the main. If a clod fall into the sea, it is as if a continent were. Therefore send not to know for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee.

Jonne Dunn

Sorry, I have probably butchered the quote, but that seemed to me to express it best. I extend my sincere condolences and prayers to Neil's family and friends for their loss. We are all less without this fine young man among us!
Old 06-13-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats a shame...young guy too. Im going to feel like crap callin him to tell him I need a set of headers. Ill probably put that off for a little while, seems a little trivial to have him be dealin with car stuff at this time. Best of wishes to Neil's family and Bruce.

Last edited by 92CamaroReallySlow; 06-13-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ahhh shucks. Never delt with the guy nor company but my thoughts are given!

-Matt
Old 06-14-2005, 06:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 92CamaroReallySlow
Thats a shame...young guy too. Im going to feel like crap callin him to tell him I need a set of headers. Ill probably put that off for a little while, seems a little trivial to have him be dealin with car stuff at this time. Best of wishes to Neil's family and Bruce.

Yeah, they were supposed to ship my headers and wiring out this week. I'm not sure what to say/fell about all that. This just sucks for everyone. No one that young deserves to die....
Old 09-09-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Neil has been very much missed, and unfortunately his untimely passing set my project way back. Bruce is starting to get things back on an even keel, though, and wanted me to thank everyone for their kind words.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 92CamaroReallySlow
oddly enough its probably the best way for him to get through it.. take hos mind off of everything with work.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:21 AM
Teching In

Bruce is a great guy and very helpfull...I have dealt with F-body motor sports in the past and have had many issues with Roy. ALways gives u an additude when you tell him, why they have not shipped your part out or just parts missing in your order. I had ordered the ls1 motor mounts from him and thr a/c relocation brackets. Both had parts missing and never shipped when said. I called him to see if he can tell me the correct way to put the belt on and he gets all pissy and says, well I dont know how about I fax you how to. Been over a week and still no fax... anyone delt with this sort of problem before? I would not recommend and stick with Bruce
Old 09-16-2005, 05:48 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mexricanboy26
Bruce is a great guy and very helpfull...I have dealt with F-body motor sports in the past and have had many issues with Roy. ALways gives u an additude when you tell him, why they have not shipped your part out or just parts missing in your order. I had ordered the ls1 motor mounts from him and thr a/c relocation brackets. Both had parts missing and never shipped when said. I called him to see if he can tell me the correct way to put the belt on and he gets all pissy and says, well I dont know how about I fax you how to. Been over a week and still no fax... anyone delt with this sort of problem before? I would not recommend and stick with Bruce
i hate to say it, but i think it is in bad taste to use a thread like this to bitch about someone else's service

Quick Reply: Hawks Third Gen takes serious blow