Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**NEW** LSx conversion oil pan

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default **NEW** LSx conversion oil pan

I thought I'd drop this in here as this is one of our new products that will be available after SEMA. I just wanted to share this with the insiders here at LS1tech who are doing and/or considering an LSx conversion to their non-factory equipped chassis.

This is a clean slate design with race bread performance features. Although designed for all out road racing and track events, it will perfectly compliment any street worthy or drag race chassis as well.

The ATS LSx pan fits front and rear steer chassis to include the F, A and B bodies (and the like). The pan features constant radius oil inlet and outlets for use with a remote filter and/or oil cooler. The included pick up is constant radius bent as well. It also features a magnetic drain, two oil return ports for any type of forced induction (supercharged, single or a twin turbo) and a temperature sender port.

Internal features include a four door, spring loaded hindge trap and a horsepower saving, removable windage tray.

Pricing will be released soon..... as the boss has been "nose to the grindstone" getting ready for SEMA and dealing with an entirely new product line. Dont worry thou, we let the cracker out in the sun for about 30 minutes everyday.....

Enjoy:
Attached Thumbnails **NEW** LSx conversion oil pan-101005-009-large-.jpg   **NEW** LSx conversion oil pan-101405-018-large-.jpg  

Last edited by chicane; 10-26-2005 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that looks like a great product I will definitely have to look into this for my upcoming chevelle project. It looks to me like it is made out of steel is this correct? Also, I have heard before that the lsx motor's oil pans are actually a structural part for the engine as well i assume this oil pan retains that structural integrity?
Old 10-25-2005, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, it is constructed of steel and the structural question is one of the reasons for that material selection.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Resident

Alright thats awesome I assumed by the detail in the design you guys had designed that in just making sure to get all the facts I appreciate your answer. I love how it is baffled and has the windage tray great performance features. I am planning on making my big fat A-Body handle so it will put my mind at ease knowing the engine won't be starved for oil.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Just wanted to note that this pan should fit most A bodies, and 2nd Gen F bodies.

Tyler
Old 10-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Restricted User

Very nice product and very nice web site!
Old 10-25-2005, 01:08 PM
Teching In

You mentioned it will fit A bodies, does that mean it will fit 78-87 G bodies as well??

Im considering a G-body 4.8L swap in the future, will you sell a low option oil pan without the extra oil feed lines?
Old 10-25-2005, 02:11 PM
Launching!

Ahh jeez...where were you guys 3 months ago? On that note would this even fit s-truck swaps? It looks like it would...just curious if you guys know. Helluva nice lookin peice.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Teetoe_Jones
Just wanted to note that this pan should fit most A bodies, and 2nd Gen F bodies.

Tyler
BRP or S&P mounts for an a-body?
Old 10-25-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only real part about that pan that the stock pan doesn't offer is the "four door, spring loaded hindge trap"

Nice product though, I'd be interested in the final pricing. Seeing how you can make a stock pan pretty much just like that one... Its gonna be tough to justify if one needs the extra doors or not...

Edit: Could you guys grab some measurements for me? From the front of the pan to where the pan gets deeper. Thanks!

-Matt
Old 10-25-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Umm, hey boys, if you through the "F" out there, what about the "X" huh,
pan looks great, SEE, well ot see you but I'll be in contact after SEMA, I was there in August, but didn't call, stupid me, Still looking towards headers and spindle....................................
Old 10-25-2005, 05:33 PM
TECH Regular

Looks great, hope it is a decent price. If so I would of bought one.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls1_chevelle
The only real part about that pan that the stock pan doesn't offer is the "four door, spring loaded hindge trap"

Nice product though, I'd be interested in the final pricing. Seeing how you can make a stock pan pretty much just like that one... Its gonna be tough to justify if one needs the extra doors or not...

-Matt
The stock pan has oil return bungs for turbos, and -10 AN lines for an oil cooler?
The factory oil pans also don't fit the chassis, and need to have an ugly notch cut into it. We decided it would be better to engineer a specific part to solve the fitment issue rather than hack a factory part to make the conversion 'work'.

93Polo- We have our own mounts. They position the engine nice and low, and as far back against the firewall as possible without causing issues.

Bigdeezs- The pan you see is the only one we'll be offering. We make road race stuff, so doing a low option pan is not in line with our ideals, or product line. The pan comes with plugs for the oil temp bung, and both return lines, so you don't have to use them. I can't say if it fits any other chassis or cars with out putting one in. So far, we can say it will fit 1st gen F body, 2nd Gen X body, 64-72 A body, and most 2nd gen F body cars.

Pricing on the pan is $499.00 and that includes the full fab'ed pan, custom oil pick up tube, factory gasket, and full stud kit.

Steve68- Here, will this tide you over for a while?

Tyler
Old 10-25-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Teetoe_Jones
The stock pan has oil return bungs for turbos, and -10 AN lines for an oil cooler?
The factory oil pans also don't fit the chassis, and need to have an ugly notch cut into it. We decided it would be better to engineer a specific part to solve the fitment issue rather than hack a factory part to make the conversion 'work'.
Tyler
1st question, Sure does. Take a look at the truck oil pan & oil cooler lines(thats all this kit uses). I didn't have to notch my oil pan either. The deep part of my oil pan butts up nice against my front crossmember. The shallow part of the oil pan pretty much sits on my front crossmember. I can see this pan benefiting Camaro guys though....

Could I get those measurements or have I pissed you guys off?

Oh, and nice spindle

-Matt
Old 10-25-2005, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

That will work for a while I'm getting ready to start the LS1 fitting this month, and the rear and sub frame connectors BUT what about the headers??? thanks for the spindle ****, Later
Old 10-25-2005, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Matt-
I was talking about the F body pan, not truck. You got me there.
Our sump is 9.5" from the back of the pan, to the front of the sump.
Fromt the front of the pan rail to the sump is 11".

We don't get pissed. We just like to bring the tech!

Steve68-
Headers. They are a bit spendy. Just call us already, and get the info.

Tyler
Old 10-25-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tyler, You have a PM.

-Matt
Old 10-25-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

tyler

You know that 90% of the people that make the LS1 swap make there own mounts or they buy the $30 ones off of ebay. The real key is will your product work with those? There are several companies that make semi complete swap kits but they charge WAY to much for it. i think that your mounts work the same as the S&P ones. If i am correct than you would open yourself to a much larger group of swappers.

The pricing on your pan is about $300 more then a modifed stock pan but it could be justified for someone doing some serious twistys. BUT i doubt that the guy who has a compete running swap would change his whole set up to fit your pan. IF your pan would fit his set up then he MIGHT buy it to make his car more reliable.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd rather come see you a go partying in Vegas, may be soon, ya, I'll call with all the spec of the motor, Steve
Old 10-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Launching!

Satistraction- (what is your name by the way?)

We don't make parts for everyone. We aren't here to make a general fit, universal set of swap parts for the everyman. We engineer specific parts, to serve a specific function. We do so with the ideal in mind that not everyone is a fabricator, and not everyone can or will weld/cut up their car. Every single part we make bolts into a stock frame, and can be put back to stock if one so desires. Our engine mounts are similar to the other guys in the sense that they adapt a 3 bolt engine mount to a 4 bolt block. Other than that, we have flipped the engine mount upside down, moved it on the plate, and made it sit lower/further back than our competition. It may very well work with their mounts, but we engineered it to be perfect with our own.
Our clients know what they want, how it should function and look, and will pay to have the best.
Guys like you want to get it done as economically as possible, making most of the items yourself, and buying/modifiying what you can't. We just don't cater to that market. If you factor in the cost of a core ($150??) and the modification that S&P does (another $200?), we aren't looking too bad concidering the pan is fully fabricated, is made for road racing, has more options than a stock pan, and will bolt right into your chassis for optimal performance.

Tyler

Quick Reply: **NEW** LSx conversion oil pan