Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring Issue in a Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005 | 08:35 AM
Teching In

Question Wiring Issue in a Hybrid

My friend and I are putting an ls1 into his 93 rx-7. Everything is in but we are having some electrical issues. The coils do not spark while turning the motor over and the fuel injectors do not click. I have checked that it has a 12v constant during cranking to the injectors and the coils. The coils even throw a spark when we put the key in and when we take the key out. Just nothing while trying to crank the car. I replaced the Crank Position Sensor with a brand new one and it had no effect. I have read some posts on here that would point to the motor not being grounded well, but in an wiring mishap we managed to have the motor spark all coils at the same time constantly, leading me to believe there is plenty of ground to be had . So...any ideas? Could it be a fried PCM?
Old 01-01-2006 | 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

Does the fuel pump run when you turn the key on? Do you have fuel pressure? Has the vatts been disabled? THANKS
Old 01-01-2006 | 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sparkwirez06
Does the fuel pump run when you turn the key on? Do you have fuel pressure? Has the vatts been disabled? THANKS

sounds like vats to me.
Old 01-01-2006 | 03:27 PM
Teching In

Yeah the fuel pump is running. We made a VATS disabler and wired it in. VATS only affected fuel I thought. How would VATS explain the lack of spark? Any more suggestions?
Old 01-02-2006 | 10:42 AM
TECH Addict

If you want me to check your pcm i will for you.

Just cover the return shipping.

Jes
Old 01-02-2006 | 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

Another possibility is that your PCM is not recieving power in the start mode of the ignition switch. There are many older switches that you really have to watch where you power the PCM from. I would run a battery hot to it and see if it starts. This is a fairly common problem. It is real easy on some switches to supply power in the on position, but not in the start position.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 01-03-2006 | 09:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mechryn
Yeah the fuel pump is running. We made a VATS disabler and wired it in. VATS only affected fuel I thought. How would VATS explain the lack of spark? Any more suggestions?
no , i beleive the vats grounds out the coils,my truck would start and run for a few sec. that was the vats. but if you have fuel pressure and the pump runs, sounds like something else ,the pink wire #19 on the blue connector supplies power to the pcm,thanks
Old 01-05-2006 | 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

did you mistake the two different wires on the ignition?
hot in key on
hot in key run
its a common mjstake.