Sponsored by:

CTS-V Oil pan accesories part numbers needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CTS-V Oil pan accesories part numbers needed

Hi,

I'm looking for the part numbers for the pickup tube and windage tray for the CTS-V oil pan part number - 12577901. Thanks in advance.

Bill
Old 01-17-2006, 09:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I found them:

Oil pan 12577901
windage tray 12558268
pickup tube 12577906

Thanks,
Bill
Old 02-13-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default CTS-V Oil pan dimesion

Help !

Does anyone have the dimension of a CTS-V oil pan as compared to the F-body pan. I am interested in the front of the slump and how high it goes and where it start to slants upwards, how far before it hits the flat.

Doing a LS1 into a 71 chevelle, using BRP type of mounts. but the engine sits too close to the cross member and A/C box on the back of the right head for me. would prefer a extra 1/2" or so.

Had my welder(s) try and weld (Tig, Braze, etc) up the pan by notching it. but I think I got one of them Pan that can not be welded. Bad metal in the cast.

thanks..

Bw_fong@yahoo.com

Last edited by bczee; 02-13-2006 at 11:11 PM. Reason: adding
Old 02-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CTS-V Pan

I'd like to see a pic, if anyone has one, thanks, mj
Old 02-14-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

If you want to see one, go to Speed and Performance www.hotrodlane.cc and go to the online tech, ls1/ls2, LS Oil Pan Measurements page.

I have called a Cad dealer parts guy and ask for more mesurements.

If you draw a line from the from the 3rd bolt hole (about 10" from the front) and another line straight up from the front part of the lower slump.

It is about 2 7/8" from the bottom of the flange straight down to where it meets the angel part of the slump .

From that same line going back to where the lower slump start is about 1" going back.

From the bolt hole line going forward the next point of where the slump changes angle is about 1 3/4" forward.

I am going to try the BRP style mounts on my 71 chevelle and i think that will give me the extra room to drop the motor and trans in with out too much trouble, I should know this weekend if I get to it..
Attached Thumbnails CTS-V Oil pan accesories part numbers needed-cadillacside-1.jpg  
Old 02-15-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I ordered mine last night. I'll get pics when it comes in.

bill
Old 02-16-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

I am to pick up mine tomorrow.. ! will let all know about the LS1 with CTS-V pan into a 71' Chevelle with BRP Type of mounts.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default CTS-V Oil Pan in 71' Chevelle

Ok.. short Story is that the Oil Pan gave more room around the cross member but it will hang lower by about 1". You will be ok if you don't lower your car too much. I will give it a try for a while. Hope I don't hit any hard road kill !

I was able to pickup a Crate engine Take off of a Pan, Windage Tray, bolts, gasket and pickup tube for a good price, way less than the price of just a new pan. The dealer said there is one more setup. If any one is interested, e-mail me (bw_fong@yahoo.com) and I will work with you on picking it up, plus shipping.

Details
I fab'd up some BRP type of plate mount and used both standard engine mount and the Tall and Narrow type of mounts. I am current setup for the Tall and Narrow which raise the engine about 1/4". I had to narrow my Frame mounts and also gave it a extra 3/8" to use spacer to jack the engine back or forward. This help me center the engine between the two area of contact (Firewall/AC box and the Power Steering box).

I still have to do major cutting of the Trans Tunnel to get the right degree of engine/Trans tilt. Was able to cut the trans mount off and flip it over and tack it back on.

Will also have to notch the Cross member for the OEM A/C compressor next.

These picture are with the car loaded with the engine and trans. Gave about 6-7" clearance on the Pan and ground. Since I am not lowering my car to the ground and have H/D Hotchkis suspension.. it didn't move much when I added my weight to the front of the car to see how much it went down..(not much !, might have to cut the spring to get it lowered later, maybe 1" more)
Attached Thumbnails CTS-V Oil pan accesories part numbers needed-dcp_3523-s.jpg   CTS-V Oil pan accesories part numbers needed-dcp_3527-s.jpg   CTS-V Oil pan accesories part numbers needed-dcp_3528-s.jpg   CTS-V Oil pan accesories part numbers needed-dcp_3530-s.jpg   CTS-V Oil pan accesories part numbers needed-dcp_3534-s.jpg  

Quick Reply: CTS-V Oil pan accesories part numbers needed