Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.6 motor mounts on 5.0 k-member

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4.6 motor mounts on 5.0 k-member

I am doing a 6.0 swap into a fox with a T56. It seems to be that using a 4.6 k member and motor mounts will place the shifter to far back and render the console useless . Some one suggested using the 5.0 k with the SBC mounts and adapter plate, and this seems easy enough but i want to try for a "cleaner" look. So I was wondering if anyone had tried 4.6 mounts on a 5.0 k-member, and if so if this placed the shifter in the right place?
Old 03-19-2006, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

bump

also would mounts like these work if you redrilled holes in the proper location.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ADME:B:SS:MT:1
Old 03-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

Have you considered moving the shifter forward? There is some info on it in this thread - https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/458453-t56-shifter-relocation.html
Old 03-19-2006, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by txoutlaw
I am doing a 6.0 swap into a fox with a T56. It seems to be that using a 4.6 k member and motor mounts will place the shifter to far back and render the console useless . Some one suggested using the 5.0 k with the SBC mounts and adapter plate, and this seems easy enough but i want to try for a "cleaner" look. So I was wondering if anyone had tried 4.6 mounts on a 5.0 k-member, and if so if this placed the shifter in the right place?

If you relocate the motor/tranny combo foward enough to have the shifter fit in the stock location, you'll hardly have any room up front for the radiator, fans, etc. Plus I don't think you want to move the weight of the motor that far foward.

My solution was to modify the stock T56 shifter by having some steel welded onto the shifter then welding the handle to it. This located the shifter handle where it should be and it all still fits under the console with some minor unseen trimming underneath.

I'll try to get pics soon...

Quick Reply: 4.6 motor mounts on 5.0 k-member