Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steve68's Camaro.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

After I put my readers on and got close to the screen!!! Pretty sure I've used these in some test equipment I built when I worked at Lockheed Martin, and they work great!

Thanks Andrew!
Old 01-04-2023, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

My welder friend has made it known to me that him and I running 2 welders, will finish the car quickly and he has no problems being there all weekend to weld!

things will be happening shortly, also met a local area sandblaster and powder coater and is ready for my 12 bolt rearend, look for progress,

Side Note...... 3M Panel bond wanting to use this in a couple of spots, which is the best version to use??????

thanks
Old 01-05-2023, 04:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
https://catalog.waytekwire.com/Wayte...atalog-234/85/

Page 85, top right of the page. I haven't used it yet, but that's the plan.

Andrew
thanls for sharing. That looks like a very cool product!!!
Old 01-05-2023, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well and all in all that's Andrews link,

I'm just hoping for completion

stay tuned
The following users liked this post:
Project GatTagO (01-06-2023)
Old 03-18-2023, 03:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I got a big learning experience this week, sooooo........ My sub is a AME copy, which is good and bad, good it was built long ago, but I have learned so much when another guy did his 67 with the AME parts, learned about the headers, steering parts needed, 2 u joints and a steel bar, the brake lines and how everything fits, with the narrowed frame rails,

I've been having a problem with engine set back and I figured out why, well one its a cobbled mess, made my own oil pan, tried to use ATS mounts, then Dirty Dingo's, yup neither would work, motor wants to sit on the firewall as I work on it, drives me crazy, called AME and the sent me the engineered drawings of there LS plates, in short fixes everything! damn!!

AME plates, steering parts, will make my headers sit in the frame right tuck the motor down and hopefully I can set the D/L angle and install the trans crossmember!!
2nd part of this is the rearend housing measurement, Mines 54 3/8" stock is supposedly 54.250 there's a standard measurement of shortening 52" 55" I;m setting up the rear with the axles installed backing plates and rotors installed, I'm trimming the inner lips and will stick everything up in the wheels wells and get a correct measurement, my welder is like set it up, I come put the torch to it!

anybody have some measurements they want to share, I have LS/C5 rear brakes and have been reading horror stores about setting them up with a 12 bolt, ideas??

Last edited by Steve68; 03-18-2023 at 03:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Steve68's Camaro.