Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is eBay low, high, or about average on LSx and LTx engines?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is eBay low, high, or about average on LSx and LTx engines?

I'm shopping around for one but don't know if the prices I see on eBay are fair or overpriced? Are there certain salvage yards that sell more of these than others? Thanks.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

All the ones I've seen lately are kinda high. Usually on here you can get a complete dropout for at least 1k cheaper (than ebay) if not more.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one for sale and the price is right, PM me if you're interested.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fast377
All the ones I've seen lately are kinda high. Usually on here you can get a complete dropout for at least 1k cheaper (than ebay) if not more.
x2. I usually see swaps for 4.5-5k.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

I have been shopping for two months.
Best place to look is www.car-part.com . Sort by mileage and you can find good deals in your area with no extra shipping.

I just got a 2003 LQ4/4L80E pullout with 24K miles for $2700 delivered. That included the wiring harness, computer, and accessories.

Seems the junkyards are catching on to the Gen III popularity and are raising their prices.

Average price for a 6.0L is around $1500-$1800 depending on the mileage.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:12 AM
Staging Lane

I got mine on ebay for $1900 (99ls1 pullout with computer, wire harness, fuel pump, manifolds, and y-pipe w/ 68K) and when i got it the power steering pump was broken off and strapped to the block) and the oil filter was smashed. Didn't like this so I tore it down (was going to anyway to replace gaskets) upon inspection, there was a replacement intake with no gaskets or O-rings, and 2 scratched cylinder walls.

So becareful of what you get, The company I got it from gave me a warranty, but as soon as I untorqued a head bolt, they said I voided my warranty.

It took several emails to get that far.

now I am going to see if the scratches will hon out, if not, guess I have to build it up...
Old 03-31-2006, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

Default ebay prices

dont look at the asking prices of the units that are for sale on ebay because the majority of them are two high and never sell but you can look at completed items by checking the box in the left column and look at the auctions that have finished. That will give you a more realistic idea I searched ebay daily for a long time and found a good deal on an ls1 t56 wiring, accessories, y pipe, radiator , fans, driveline, brake booster and master cylinder and clutch master cyl... all for 2600.00 and the motor was supposed to be a 27,000 mile set up. I had to drive 4 hours one way to get it but was no problem.

Just be very cautious dealing with ebayers some of them will stick you and some are reputable. Ask alot of questions and try to find one close enough that you can pick it up in person, to me thats worth alot being able to look at it and the man you are dealing with before you drop down 3 grand or so.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

LKQ on ebay is like a chain salvage yard, one is here in my town I baught a complete 5.3 w/ harness for $500. My buddy got a complete LS1/tranny/harness/pcm& Kmember w/ 19k miles on ebay for $2500. any LS1 for more than that you might as well spend the couple grand more and buy a whole running driving car. some people think they are gold or something.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is an LKQ around where I am too. You can get a drop-out 5.3 or 6.0 dirt cheap. Friend of mine just got a 6.0...don't remember how much but it was stupid cheap. It was HEAVY though. A lot heavier than and old small block.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies!

Fastkat - sounds good but I want something with fewer miles.

I'd also go for a 5.3 drop out but I've called a handful of yards here in the Dallas area and they must separate everything beforehand. They might have an engine for cheap but it's missing everything else so they have to piece together the harness, computer, tranny, accessories, etc. from various other vehicles. I left my name and number and told them to call me when they had a complete drop out but haven't received a single call.

What's going on with that?
Old 04-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Launching!

Yeah LKQ is pretty good from my experience, I got a complete 5.9 engine for my dakota from them, 44k miles, $500

Quick Reply: Is eBay low, high, or about average on LSx and LTx engines?