Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$ to convert LQ9 to F-body accessories?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 01:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $ to convert LQ9 to F-body accessories?

I'm planning a swap into my 93 RX7 but would like to avoid dropping $4k for a pullout LS1. The extra 65 lbs doesn't worry me since that will put the car at about 2900 lbs. I know I'll have to swap to an LSx intake and I'm pretty sure the truck accessories won't fit under the hood either (or will they?)

Has anyone priced out an entire F-body accessory drive?
Old 04-22-2006, 03:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I pieced together one from the classifieds section/ebay for dirt cheap. Got my p/s equipent for $50 shipped, bought idler pulleys from autozone for $5 ea or so, water pumps are avail for $50 (example) .. I'd say it's a waste of money to go buy new.. I beadblasted mine as soon as I got them, and they look good as new. Be sure to get bolts with the brackets, if you go this direction, they're a pain to get. (expensive from dealership, not avail from ace hardware.) Some people also sell their whole thing.. i know FastKat was selling an entire corvette drive.
olly
Old 04-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
I pieced together one from the classifieds section/ebay for dirt cheap. Got my p/s equipent for $50 shipped, bought idler pulleys from autozone for $5 ea or so, water pumps are avail for $50 (example) .. I'd say it's a waste of money to go buy new.. I beadblasted mine as soon as I got them, and they look good as new. Be sure to get bolts with the brackets, if you go this direction, they're a pain to get. (expensive from dealership, not avail from ace hardware.) Some people also sell their whole thing.. i know FastKat was selling an entire corvette drive.
olly
Were you able to bolt any of the truck accessories to the F-body brackets or did you have to find F-body accessries too?
Old 04-22-2006, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

that, I've got no Idea. Do you mean like the alternator?
Old 04-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
that, I've got no Idea. Do you mean like the alternator?
Yes. As in do the truck accessories bolt to the F-body brackets?
Old 04-22-2006, 08:24 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don`t think the truck accys will fit under the hood of an RX7, they clear my hood by less than 3/4 of an inch. As far as the accys between a truck and f-body drive the water pump is different, the powersteering pump is different, the clutch part of the A/C compressor is different, I`m not sure about the rest.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Oskar
I'm planning a swap into my 93 RX7 but would like to avoid dropping $4k for a pullout LS1. The extra 65 lbs doesn't worry me since that will put the car at about 2900 lbs. I know I'll have to swap to an LSx intake and I'm pretty sure the truck accessories won't fit under the hood either (or will they?)

Has anyone priced out an entire F-body accessory drive?
If you get the parts from a discount GM parts dealer (gmpartsdirect for example) everything will run you about $500 or so. You can piece it together by surfing the forums and ebay though. The truck alternator will fit the F-car bracket, but the AC compressor won't, the crank pulley is different (about 40 mm further foward off the front of the motor). PS pump won't interchange, neither will the water pump.

HTH
Old 04-23-2006, 11:07 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

If you're interested, I wil be selling my complete F-body accessory drive with bolts and everything needed to bolt up for $300 + shipping. PM me if you're interested.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

that's an awesome deal. i'd snap that up in a heartbeat if I needed those.. Save a lot of time, money, and frustration.

Quick Reply: $ to convert LQ9 to F-body accessories?