Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well I tried starting the stang today

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Well I tried starting the stang today

Well no fuel no spark got pressure just isn't firing(sparking) or spraying fuel. anyone with hp tuner take a look at my file and let me know what they think. tomarrow is another day of agony till it starts
Old 04-24-2006, 07:03 AM
On The Tree

try to connect a wire from youre ECU to ground (engineblock for example) I seem to have connected everything the right way. But my engine didnt start either. When i put a jumper cable from the ECU to the block it fired right away. I have grounded all the wires coming from the ECU that should have ground to. A bit weird. but i doesnt hurt to try i think..
Old 04-24-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hersker Hans
try to connect a wire from youre ECU to ground (engineblock for example) I seem to have connected everything the right way. But my engine didnt start either. When i put a jumper cable from the ECU to the block it fired right away. I have grounded all the wires coming from the ECU that should have ground to. A bit weird. but i doesnt hurt to try i think..
well i tried the jumper cable to the pcm but nothing. i logged it for a little bit finally got something with the injectors to show up then it never happened again. i have no clue what's wrong.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

im not an expert compared to others around here. I got my ls1 started the first time ever 1 week ago , but try to measure the voltage ou from the ecu to the fuel pump for example, my voltage was 8v the first time, not enough to pull the fuelpump relay. I read something about a ground wire at the back of the driver side head, see if you have connected that ? .. Can you smell fuel out the exhaust? if you do that atleast the injectors get power.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

im not an expert compared to others around here. I got my ls1 started the first time ever 1 week ago , but try to measure the voltage ou from the ecu to the fuel pump for example, my voltage was 8v the first time, not enough to pull the fuelpump relay. I read something about a ground wire at the back of the driver side head, see if you have connected that ? .. Can you smell fuel out the exhaust? if you do that atleast the injectors get power.

well i'm not letting the pcm control my fue pump. I got two a1000's I'm only running one to start it and I know it's getting fuel because the bypass regulator is working. so I do not believe the injectors are powering. I'm gonna start a thread bout my woes.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Addict

btw thanks for trying to help
Old 04-24-2006, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Have you removed the Vats from the ecm?
Old 04-24-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by K5tpi
Have you removed the Vats from the ecm?
i believe I have in hpt don't ?you just check none under systems? isn't that how it works? or an i suppose to choose the other two
Old 04-25-2006, 01:56 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In HPtuners you will want to disable VATS all together if you have not already. Usually the car will fire up and run for a couple of seconds though even if it is on.

I fought a similar problem to yours once and it was a ground issue. Also I have done one where the computer PCM died for unknown reason and finally we tried another computer in the car and it fired right up.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by stang90gt50
In HPtuners you will want to disable VATS all together if you have not already. Usually the car will fire up and run for a couple of seconds though even if it is on.

I fought a similar problem to yours once and it was a ground issue. Also I have done one where the computer PCM died for unknown reason and finally we tried another computer in the car and it fired right up.

well hte pcm hasn't died completely yet I still get sensor signals. tps map iat etc. anyone know how to test crank and cam sensor? can you go into detail on the ground issue?

Quick Reply: Well I tried starting the stang today