Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the best way to build in Anti Theft?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you want a RFID setup, i would just jump to a aftermarket keyfob type....
Old 05-24-2006, 04:09 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Dual antitheft systems VATS and RFID with tracking...

In doing some internet research RFID seems to be the latest NEW technology. I have also found more sites like bypass.com that sells devices to defeat the technology. It appears that the signal is easy to intercept then used to defeat the device should one want to do so.

So I tracked down a new device that I found out that was difficult to defeat because it used a mother and child devices all independent that communicated with each other to have three separate kills one on vehicle for example starter, fuel, and PCM or others. So one had to defeat all three to start the car and one would have to know three existed and how to defeat them which would take time. Time is a thief's enemy. Well I found out this device didn't pass FCC rules as they communicated through RF to each other from the mother to the childs and back so the system was discontinued.

I called up the Chief Engineer working on a new device that is currently going to be developed for the sport market like ATVs, motorcycles, ect but not cars yet. It is an RFID system only but is using a different protocals that have been tested to be intercepted and the interception of the signal has failed. So this system looks to be one to look at when it is available in June sometime. The Engineer told me the secret of how this is accomplished and I said I wouldn't spread it around as I might go with it. For the ATV market it would be a simple RFID that would be worn around ones neck on a chain and would automatically enable itself once one walks up to the ATV to allow it to start.

So now I have ideas of multiple systems and also investigating other methods on my own. One idea would be to use the resistor key and VATS system plus use this RFID system to have dual deterants which would be passive. One would be obvious and the other not so obvious. If they were able to defeat the key they probably wouldn't even know of the RFID system.

Then I was thinking of adding another level of protection of a tracking system. One type could be GPS tracking but that would only work for a clear view of the sky and not underground in tunnels or buildings. Another system would be a tracking system with RF and would work through walls, buildings, and underground.

So if one couldn't defeat the theft system and they decided to tow way the car to work on the defeat in their leasure the car could then be tracked to its location.

My thoughts and plans are to build a system to make it difficult for someone to steal the car but easy for me to start and drive the car. If it is stolen then a tracking device could be used to locate it and bring in the law enforcement.

Ok, the thief hits you over the head and steals your keys, hey you can still track the car.

So deter the thief as much as possible, make it easy to use everyday, and install a tracking device should the car be towed away.

Quick Reply: What is the best way to build in Anti Theft?