Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know ....

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does anyone know ....

Does anyone know what Part number Pace Setter Headers this person used for the LS1 swap into a GM "B-Body" car then he baught Uncoated that seemed to fit in Without much trouble or mods needs ?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/716267

Thank you greatly for your peoples time and help !

Old 08-17-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone ....
Old 08-18-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I take it no one knows ?
Old 08-20-2006, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Does anyone use this forum ???
Old 08-21-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lots of folks use this site, it is packed with info and really helpful advice. I too would like to find out which headers he used, my Chevy II is rather tricky to deal with! Since I too am in KC I would like to kow what you find out. I am about to the point of getting Ford headers and customizing them.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Novas Forever
Lots of folks use this site, it is packed with info and really helpful advice. I too would like to find out which headers he used, my Chevy II is rather tricky to deal with! Since I too am in KC I would like to kow what you find out. I am about to the point of getting Ford headers and customizing them.
Your going to have a much harder time stiffung a LSX into a Chevy II, than I am in a 78 Caprice, so I feel your pain.

I wonder if PaceSetter would be able to identify them if I sent them the article or something ?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

From everything that I have seen here Pacesetter has exceptional customer service and products. Can't hurt to ask!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

Don't know what that guy used, but I have pacesetter long tube headers (98-02 Camaro unpainted) in my 70 nova. www.geocities.com/marksls1nova
I borrowed my buddies from his 01 TransAm and they were close, so I bought them. Maybe you can find a local shop that will let you borrow a pair. I had to do a good bit of modification to the drivers side because my power steering box is right there, but if your steering box is in front of the cross member, you shouldn't have much mods needed. The only mod on my passenger side is the very end because they "kick out" toward the frame rail. I've seen posts where some people heat them and bend the ends in to clear the frame rails. Hope this helps.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:20 AM
11 Second Club

I just went back to the site you mentioned at the top and looked at the steering on that car. If yours is the same, you should have little modification needed. I bought mine black, so I could modify them, then send them out to get coated. Mine were part number 70-2256, but that's with no A.I.R. or E.G.R. they call it the race version. Buy the black ones and see how they fit, at the worst, you send them back and lose some shipping fees.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 70LS1Nova
I just went back to the site you mentioned at the top and looked at the steering on that car. If yours is the same, you should have little modification needed. I bought mine black, so I could modify them, then send them out to get coated. Mine were part number 70-2256, but that's with no A.I.R. or E.G.R. they call it the race version. Buy the black ones and see how they fit, at the worst, you send them back and lose some shipping fees.
The Nova is a unibody car, and different than the Full Framed B-Body GM cars ( Impala/Caprice ). Do you know if that part number will fit my car ?

Thanks for your help . Also what is the 800 number for Pace Setters Tech help line ?
Old 08-24-2006, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a guy that used standard f-body headers on his 96 impala and just made a custom s-bend to compensate for the kickout. I dont believe the headers were modified at all. I would think that the 93-96 b-body would be the closest match to your car.

Found it. This might help you. http://shiggins.bounceme.net/Intake%20&%20Exhaust.htm

Last edited by alocker; 08-24-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by alocker
There is a guy that used standard f-body headers on his 96 impala and just made a custom s-bend to compensate for the kickout. I dont believe the headers were modified at all. I would think that the 93-96 b-body would be the closest match to your car.

Found it. This might help you. http://shiggins.bounceme.net/Intake%20&%20Exhaust.htm
I was looking through the pics ( way nicer car than mine ) and came across this pic of the headers, and the picture caption said "Exhaust
Header from side during fabrication.".

Is he talking about Fabbing the exhaust or what ?

Also does anyone know the part number or how much they were. Do all Fbody LS1 headers have the same bends and curves or no ?
Old 08-25-2006, 07:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

try emailing the guy. But I think most f-body headers are similar. It does not look like he modded the headers at all. I believe they are QTP, but you should have similar results with any other f-body header.

Quick Reply: Does anyone know ....