Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone done a LS1 conversion into a Supra?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 02:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I found a body without a motor than I would. Its far cheaper to throw an ls1 in there. If it came with a working 2jz then forget about swaping it, just mod it and hold on.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Default RE: Has anyone done a LS1 conversion into a Supra?

For the OP, not an LS1, but an LM7 5.3L (about $2,000 cheaper) into a MKIII backed up with a TKO600. The turbo would have been great, but I ran out of room and couldn't afford a custom set of manifolds plus retain the AC and PS.

Originally Posted by Keenov
I think a V8 powered Supra would look and sound badass
Yeah, and it will sound even better once the bugs are worked out!

Another conversion thread is here.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Regular

ive been wanting to do this for years...just never found a supra for the right price. i hardly ever have the $$$ to pick one up if i found one anyways. mine would be a decently built ls1 with a crazy sounding idle, and a 4l80 behind it with a smallish stall...but i have my reasons for wanting to build it that way...
Old 04-14-2007, 11:19 PM
8 Second Club

I'm the person Roman was talking about in the first post, the car has no engine/tranny and wasn't a turbo car to start with. Car was also in a collision and needed lots of work anyway. The person in possesion of said car isn't all that interested in moving the car and likes to have it sitting there to look at anyway. We were just tossing around ideas for my next car/project.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mactizen
I'm the person Roman was talking about in the first post, the car has no engine/tranny and wasn't a turbo car to start with. Car was also in a collision and needed lots of work anyway. The person in possesion of said car isn't all that interested in moving the car and likes to have it sitting there to look at anyway. We were just tossing around ideas for my next car/project.
I PM'ed Roman a while ago and he never got back to me. I started a thread on Supraforums about this same topic and I have done quite a bit of research.
http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425542

Quick Reply: Has anyone done a LS1 conversion into a Supra?