Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Supra

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by SySt666
After trying F-Body and C5 exhaust manifolds, I found some that will work. They are off of a CTS-V. The clearance to the steering link on the driver's side is so close that when turning the steering wheel the pinch bolt rubs a little. So with some grinding it should JUST fit. I am not worried about much movement as I have polyurethane engine and transmission mounts... I will post some pics of that once I have the grinding all done.

I have been working on the engine harness and am about half-way done with it. After that it is time for the chassis harness. I also still need to actually make my transmission mount and weld up a cage to mount my fuel cell. After that I just need to weld up some exhaust piping and route the feed line to the fuel rail and the rear brake line. I plan on routing the brake and fuel lines through the interior.
If you have any, I'd like to see some pics of the Caddy manifolds, both off the car and installed.

I know all about JUST fitting.

Let me know if you have any questions on the wiring & I'll try to help. I think my latest diagram (too large to attach) is fairly complete, but it is for a 2003 motor wired to a 1998 PCM (wired dirtectly to the PCM, no C100~200 series connectors), and the car was an auto converted to a manual with a Tremec TKO600.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will likely get some pics posted up tonight. I got a hacked up LS1 harness that I cut off all the connectors from and I am splicing new wires off the connectors to make a "new" harness. Wiring is extremely simple for me as all I need is the ECU pinout, most everything engine related terminates at the PCM. I am also using absolutely no wiring that came with the Supra aside from the door harnesses.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds good... and time consuming! I used the harness from the '03 motor for GM wire colors I needed, and the harness from the wrecked '91 Supra I have for the Toyota wire colors as needed.

I wanted to add this link, excellent source for wiring info for the MK 3 (I think it is a 1990 service manual, but almost everyting was the same on my '88) :

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/

Look at the upper right of the screen and there are links to the wiring physical locations and a lot of other stuff as well.

I'm feeling pretty good so far since I'm only showing a "1518" code (electronic throttle control) after my re-wiring and a scan with a hand held code reader. The PCM is from a Vette with an electronic throttle control, which of course the motor/car does not have.

I'm waiting on HP Tuners to get here so I can flash a 1998 F-Body file to the PCM.

Last edited by V8 Supra Builder; 01-18-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Teching In

I have pics of the unmodified CTS-V manifolds posted up on www.supramania.com. DeeJayDaze, if you would be so generous as you have been to host those pictures...Thank You.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

I believe they allow direct linking to the attachment pics....

Future reference....(and educational purposes)

One way to link the pics here is...

Once you are logged in....

IE "right click properties.....highlight address....right click copy"

FireFox "right click....copy image location"

Another way is to right click on the thumbnailed attachments and

IE "copy shortcut"

FireFox "copy link location"

Sorry I'm a f***ing computer geek!!!

Old 01-27-2007, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good! i hope im the first to put one in a MKIV!

(if i ever get these frikin chargers done)
Old 01-27-2007, 11:05 AM
11 Second Club

i guess they wont allow direct linking

anyone see the pics in my last post? I'm connected with a 3G Cingular card right now so I'm not sure if it's my connection
Old 01-27-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

All red x for pics here.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Part of their site must have been down. I can see the pics now.

Anyone else?

Quick Reply: LS6 Supra