Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ9/TH350 Swap, guide me to a good harness!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LQ9/TH350 Swap, guide me to a good harness!!

Im planning on doing a 6.0L LQ9/ TH350 Swap this spring. I may be picking up a 6.0L this week. I have a solid th350 lined up as well. Anyway. I have an LS1 intake lying around and planned on using it w/ LS1 Fuel Rails.

If I use the trucks injectors, could/would I use a Truck Harness? Or is the difference in the harnesses, the PCM connection? Or is it both?

Which harness would I use for this setup? can somebody guide me to a link?
Thanks, Chris
Old 01-13-2007, 10:25 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don`t think the truck injectors will fit the f-body intake. Everything I have read so far said that the height of the truck and f-body injectors was different, along with the connectors. The PCM connectors are the same between the f-body and truck. I`ll dig up the link for what is supposed to be different between the harnesses.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:39 PM
12 Second Club

Its the injectors that are different? I see, I always thought the connectors were. Thanks for the help. I do appreciate it and whatever you can throw my way would be great!

Im choosing to do this swap over a SBC 350. I even have a whole shortblock ready to be machined and assembled. This swap would be the best for me b/c reliabilitiy, fuel mileage(as good as I can get w/a th350), and cool factor!! Im sure I could get decent stuff out of the SBC but I def want the LSX in that car!!! Thanks again!
Old 01-13-2007, 10:49 PM

The connectors on the injectors are different, but the height is also different. I haven`t looked into it in a while, but IIRC the truck injectors are the ones that are shorter. I think that people were able to make f-body injectors fit a truck intake by using spacers between the fuel rail mounts and the intake, but I don`t think there is a way to make truck injectors fit the car intake.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:58 PM

Heres the link to the difference between the f-body and truck harnesses. Post 7 contains most of the info. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ess+difference
Old 01-13-2007, 11:35 PM
12 Second Club

Well, I checked out the info, it looks like I'll keep it simple and get the 99+ LS1 Harness, 99+ PCM & buy LS1 style injectors right? Also, I don't recall seeing much on the coil packs but one thing I did see was about truck coils not working w/ LS1 Harness, is this true? If so, looks Like I'll have to ****** a set of those as well. Cool

Also, Im planning to run the truck serp belt system. Is this the normal setup or is the F or Y body the standard. I dont want to do any cutting to the frame. I dont plan on using A/C in the car either. Thanks for the help G-Body
Old 01-14-2007, 12:22 AM

The connectors on the truck coils are different, but there are 2 coil harnesses that are intermediates between the main engine harness and the coils. All you need to do is use truck coil harnesses as the engine harness to coil harness connectors are the same for the truck and f-body.

Using a truck accy drive will require some fabrication. The truck alternator will not clear your hood on a 3rd gen camaro so you will need to use a hood with a scoop the clears it or possibly build a bracket to lower the alternator like one of the 2nd gen guys did (sorry I can`t remember his name at the minute). The f-body intake is not a direct bolt on with the truck accys either. The idler pulley by the alternator sits where the throttle body will be on the f-body intake, so that needs to be relocated. The outlet on the waterpump will hit the TB, you will need to change it a little bit, I`ll see if I can find the pics.

The f-body accys would be a direct bolt in though.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:30 AM

Theres some pics in this thread of truck accys in a 3rd gen https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/533462-91-z28-ls2-s-c-stroker-finally-done.html
Old 01-14-2007, 12:37 AM

Heres another good link http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...d.php?t=357424
Old 01-14-2007, 09:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cabech984
Well, I checked out the info, it looks like I'll keep it simple and get the 99+ LS1 Harness, 99+ PCM & buy LS1 style injectors right? Also, I don't recall seeing much on the coil packs but one thing I did see was about truck coils not working w/ LS1 Harness, is this true? If so, looks Like I'll have to ****** a set of those as well. Cool

Also, Im planning to run the truck serp belt system. Is this the normal setup or is the F or Y body the standard. I dont want to do any cutting to the frame. I dont plan on using A/C in the car either. Thanks for the help G-Body

Sent you a PM.

Quick Reply: LQ9/TH350 Swap, guide me to a good harness!!