Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 S13 drift car vid

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 S13 drift car vid

just a quick bit of video and a few pics from this past weekend in myrtle beach. had a fun event, the course layout was challenging due to the long stretch of straight to get to the back of the course but toward the end of the day i was getting it. i also got to get out on the banking to run some 90+mph entry drifts on the 5/8 mile oval. the guy that runs the track told us some of the mod cars that run average about 20 seconds per lap, and we had one seasoned drifter out there lapping the track in 24 seconds drifting the entire thing .

on to the video, you can finally hear the single exhaust... pay no attention to the chick on the bullhorn that talks too much .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MttrR1b6IXA

out on the main course:

and my favorite, on the banking

gotta thank Eli at Red Star Performance for building me a solid motor, Brady Stribling for shooting pics/video all day long, and the guys at DriftMB for putting on a fun and safe event. i'll post more vids/pics as they come, the car was a real hit with the local crowd.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 929 Posts

Still don't get it.

Andrew
Old 01-14-2007, 09:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1. but, i will say that for an import i actually like the looks of the car! and with it having a v8, especially an lsx motor, that thing gets an A+ from me. but i don't like or get drifting.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:45 PM
12 Second Club

nice I wish I could have made it there but I was at the house working on my car. looks good man.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

Cool stuff. I would never really call drifting a sport but that doesn't change the fact that it requires quite a bit of skill and is very fun to do.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PRAY HRD
+1. but, i will say that for an import i actually like the looks of the car! and with it having a v8, especially an lsx motor, that thing gets an A+ from me. but i don't like or get drifting.

hey it's not for everyone. it's a hell of a lot of fun though and in most cases very challenging. i've met a lot of people; mostly hardcore roadracers and dragracers that really think it's a total joke, then give them a ridealong on a fast course and generally they come out smiling ear to ear and giggling like a little kid. i'm not a big fan of judged sports myself, but i do it because it's great fun and there are lots of great people involved in the sport as a whole.

oh and thanks, i like the look as well. i'm not big into the crazy kits and wings and such, i like it streamlined the way it is. the roll-on paintjob isn't terrible either, lol.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sabre002
nice I wish I could have made it there but I was at the house working on my car. looks good man.

ahh man, you should check out the next one if you have time. i'm going to try to come back since i like the banking so much and it's hard to find places that allow it.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Hey nice man. What kind of wheels are those? Also, what kind of muffler and piping size are you running? It sounds somewhat quiet. I'm looking for something that isn't too loud. Keep up the videos! Good stuff.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Still don't get it.

Andrew

It's the slow way around a track. Cool swap though.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mmdb
Hey nice man. What kind of wheels are those? Also, what kind of muffler and piping size are you running? It sounds somewhat quiet. I'm looking for something that isn't too loud. Keep up the videos! Good stuff.

the wheels are called DT05-R's and made by a company called M2. they are only distributed in japan.

the exhaust is 2.5" duals into a Y and then 3" single through a straight through 3" muffler. i think what keeps it pretty quiet are the modified stock C5 manfolds on there since i haven't had the time or money lately to build headers.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Launching!

forgot to add that i averaged 27mpg on the trip out and back .
Old 01-15-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by silicone boy
It's the slow way around a track. Cool swap though.
dont know if i would call it the slow way seeing as how you dont break or slow down in the turns lol.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Has Unresolved Sales In Feedback/12 second club

Old 01-15-2007, 02:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:31 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by icantdrift
hey it's not for everyone. it's a hell of a lot of fun though and in most cases very challenging. i've met a lot of people; mostly hardcore roadracers and dragracers that really think it's a total joke, then give them a ridealong on a fast course and generally they come out smiling ear to ear and giggling like a little kid. i'm not a big fan of judged sports myself, but i do it because it's great fun and there are lots of great people involved in the sport as a whole.

oh and thanks, i like the look as well. i'm not big into the crazy kits and wings and such, i like it streamlined the way it is. the roll-on paintjob isn't terrible either, lol.

i don't doubt for a second it would be fun to do, i just can't get interested in watching others do it. now maybe if there were identical side by side tracks that made it an actual race against someone, and not just time, that might peak my interest a bit. or, if more than one car at a time did it where it was still a race???
Old 01-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PRAY HRD
if more than one car at a time did it where it was still a race???

there is tandem drift, two cars at a time where the object is to keep close proximity to the person you are following. a lot of american drivers have somewhat changed the rules and try their damnedest to pass if the other driver goes wide. that is much more interesting to watch for sure. in the pro ranks there are two cars less than a foot apart sliding at triple digit speeds, it is pretty exciting to see that sort of battling going on rather than single car runs.

i'm just a poor young man trying to work my way into the pro ranks. figured i'd just share what i do with this car i put so much work into to fit this great powerplant.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good job Erin!!
Old 01-15-2007, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

how are these cars setup for drifting? what type of rear are you running (open, limited slip with clutch pack, torsen, etc..).

how is the suspension setup in terms of alignment (compared to a normal car)
Old 01-16-2007, 12:49 AM
TECH Regular

welded differential with 10k+ spring rates on coilovers. tend to pull negative camber for clearance and sideways grip. it just depends. you alter to fit your driving style.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Looking good. Clean S13, too.

Quick Reply: LS1 S13 drift car vid