Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 into LT1 Fbody Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro_ss_97
i am really wondering the same thing about the ac part of my build anyone have pic's of what was fabricated or anything that would help????

What I did for the A/C was to use the LS1 compressor, hoses, and the front condenser. I still have the stock LT1 HVAC box and the stock LT1 line runs from there to the moisture collector (can't remember the name), from there the LT1 line runs to the condenser in the front. I had to modify it a bit by making the hole bigger. The only other modification is the line running from the compressor to the HVAC box was cut off and reswedged to the stock LT1 line. All electrics are stock and still runs through the PCM. This isn't the best pic, but it's all I could find.

Did a little research today. I found the 1997 Corvette fuel rail from GM Performance Parts Zone for $236.64. So definitley cheaper to go with your setup, but I see less headaches this way. Maybe thats just me not being good at fab work.
That may be a bit expensive. But it will be hands down the easiest to do. Install the Vette return style fuel rail and then simply connect the stock LT1 pressure and return lines to it. it was my first choice, but I couldn't find one for a decent price, So I just modded what I had. If you don't have the skills or simply don't want to mess with more than you have to, it's the way to go.

Re'

Last edited by RE AND CHERYL; 04-15-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LALT1
So is the Vette filter also a regulator??
Yes. It has a reg in it set to approx 59psi.

Re'
Old 04-15-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RE AND CHERYL
Yes. It has a reg in it set to approx 59psi.

Re'
SWEET!!! Thanks
Old 04-15-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RE AND CHERYL
Using an LS1 tank will not work because the LS1 fual sending unit is different and will not work with the LT1 gauges unless you change everythinh out. Also..The stock LT1 fuel pump will work fine for a stock LS1, it worked fine for me even with headers, and a Stealth II cam. I never had a problem with low fuel pressure. Of course, this assumes your pump in a good working order. I have since swapped to a Racetronix, but the stock pump did fine for a few months till I got the money to swap it.

The Vette filter is used on 98-2004 Vettes and is the same for all. I got mine from ROCKAUTO.COM for about $25, they are about $50 from Napa or the like. The Vette filter will plug right into the fuel feed line comming from the tank and sit in the stock location. I then modified a stock LS1 fuel line and it runs from the filter to the engine. This is the cheapest and by far the easiest way I've found to set up the fuel system. I have seen others connect the Vette filter to the LT1 lines in the engine compartment and then run a line from the filter to the to the fuel rail, but to me it looks like ***.

The link in my sig has many more pics of my LS1 conversion.
Thats the route I went. I just used a braided stainless line instead of a modified LS1 style. I think I got EVERYTHING from Nate @ Nasty Performance for $175 bucks +-. Not too bad with a little but of flash.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesnt seem so bad if you can find a good deal on a motor, and go through speartech with there stuff
Old 06-26-2008, 08:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What is everyone doing as far as the chassis harness running the stock lt1? Im going to have speartech do my gauges and harness, so Im gonna keep the stock lt1 interior. I was wondering if you can run the ls1 body harness(underhood portion with fuse boxes on the lt1 interior)? Or is it just easier to run the lt1 harness?

Quick Reply: LS1 into LT1 Fbody Help