Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie...with a ls1....but not in your typical car

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the encouragement to finish conversion.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/452309-corbretta-born.html

Norm
Old 08-01-2007, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

i just read this whole thread and all i can say is awsome...............
Old 08-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Norm '88 GT
Thanks for the encouragement to finish conversion.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452309

Norm

wow.....you entire build looks all to familiar!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Awesome build, congratulation on the dare to be different.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

come on. is the car ready?????

we need some videos of civette in action!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by doodad
come on. is the car ready?????

we need some videos of civette in action!!!!!!!!
took a short break from the car but ive started back......ill post updates in the next couple of days.....
Old 08-07-2007, 07:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

muhahahaha AWESOME. Thats so damn sweet...
Old 08-10-2007, 01:21 AM

Dude, I came over from the Viper boards, as I have a Viper and a new Corvette.

All I have to say is finish this thing and it will be so funny / awesome / cool!!!

I would guarantee that if the car comes out really cool, someone would buy it from you for far more than the cost of the parts. It looks you have the Heads Up Display working too?

I can't wait to see this finished, and you've got to video the first startup along with the first runs. As soon as you get close to startup make sure you have a video camera in hand and YouTube everything. [edit: looks like I skipped a few pages and you have posted videos n stuff so cool!!!]

Great work thus far, I love original hotrod projects!!!!! And the name Civette is just classic!!

Last edited by ViperDude; 08-10-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ViperDude
Dude, I came over from the Viper boards, as I have a Viper and a new Corvette.

All I have to say is finish this thing and it will be so funny / awesome / cool!!!

I would guarantee that if the car comes out really cool, someone would buy it from you for far more than the cost of the parts. It looks you have the Heads Up Display working too?

I can't wait to see this finished, and you've got to video the first startup along with the first runs. As soon as you get close to startup make sure you have a video camera in hand and YouTube everything. [edit: looks like I skipped a few pages and you have posted videos n stuff so cool!!!]

Great work thus far, I love original hotrod projects!!!!! And the name Civette is just classic!!

lol....ive already posted the first startup videos.....lol

wow.....i just went to the viper club forums.....what a bunch of ******....everyone thinks they are engineers......i think these guys are the worst ones yet....."a chassis is a structure from the from to the back, not a bunch of pieces of metal welded together"......coming from a yuppie who just bought a viper so he might get laid.....lol.....id like to see him do this......probably doesnt want to get his suit dirty.....lol......i love vipers......but damn.....people think i am going to spend $100,000 on a project that started out a joke.....garage built hot rodding on a budget buddy.....just wait till i finish this car and start on the next..... No offense to the previous poster.....but it will be a viper track killer......LS2 Twin turbo S2000.....and will be alot easier to build than this thing.......and i will be sure not to break $10,000 including the car.....lol......1/8 the price of a viper......

dont get me wrong................

id take a viper in a heartbeat!!!!!

Last edited by Civette; 08-10-2007 at 02:06 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:25 AM
12 Second Club

Keep up the good work, loving it!
Old 08-10-2007, 02:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Civette
lol....ive already posted the first startup videos.....lol

wow.....i just went to the viper club forums.....what a bunch of ******....everyone thinks they are engineers......i think these guys are the worst ones yet....."a chassis is a structure from the from to the back, not a bunch of pieces of metal welded together"......coming from a yuppie who just bought a viper so he might get laid.....lol.....id like to see him do this......probably doesnt want to get his suit dirty.....lol......i love vipers......but damn.....people think i am going to spend $100,000 on a project that started out a joke.....garage built hot rodding on a budget buddy.....just wait till i finish this car and start on the next..... No offense to the previous poster.....but it will be a viper track killer......LS2 Twin turbo S2000.....and will be alot easier to build than this thing.......and i will be sure not to break $10,000 including the car.....lol......1/8 the price of a viper......

dont get me wrong................

id take a viper in a heartbeat!!!!!

10K...hook me up with your hook up!!
Old 08-10-2007, 03:05 AM
Teching In

10K...hook me up with your hook up!!
Old 08-10-2007, 04:57 PM

Yeah the Viper people are a bit more hardcore, but as far as the yuppies in the suits I definitely put those types over at the Corvette forums.

The Viper people are more race oriented, and it really is one hell of a race car. Interesting you chose a Honda, as if/when I step out of the Viper into the Corvette I feel like I just stepped into a Honda Accord!

The Viper rides like a real race car and it takes some getting used to, but the power is sick. The motor runs circles around the LS2. The LS7 is a different story, but it's still in the same Corvette chassis, and when you're in the Viper you feel like you're in a real damn race car, whereas is in the Corvette, even with a 1000HP, it still feels like, well, a Corvette.

Would be interested to see what kind of 1/4 mi time the Civette gets, and man your new project with the Twin Turbos sounds insane, that thing will be sick!
Old 08-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Teching In

i dont know about anyone else, but i dont see the corvette as an accord, trust me, i've had one haha

$60k accord..
Old 08-10-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

and it really is one hell of a race car.
The Viper rides like a real race car
and when you're in the Viper you feel like you're in a real damn race car,
what a tool.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no kidding
Old 08-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Launching!

I'm sticking with the Vette, especially since they own the GT-R races.....Plus, hope no offense taken, but the Viper interior looks cheap, worse than the GM plastic.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:28 AM
Staging Lane

You got that right
Old 08-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Teching In

lol just saw this thread, awesome build man
Old 08-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Alt
TECH Resident

Yeah the Viper people are a bit more hardcore, but as far as the yuppies in the suits I definitely put those types over at the Corvette forums.

The Viper people are more race oriented, and it really is one hell of a race car. Interesting you chose a Honda, as if/when I step out of the Viper into the Corvette I feel like I just stepped into a Honda Accord!

The Viper rides like a real race car and it takes some getting used to, but the power is sick. The motor runs circles around the LS2. The LS7 is a different story, but it's still in the same Corvette chassis, and when you're in the Viper you feel like you're in a real damn race car, whereas is in the Corvette, even with a 1000HP, it still feels like, well, a Corvette.

Would be interested to see what kind of 1/4 mi time the Civette gets, and man your new project with the Twin Turbos sounds insane, that thing will be sick!

The Viper people are like the BMW people and most of the Porsche people, they all hide behind their car trying to make their dick look bigger.

Quick Reply: newbie...with a ls1....but not in your typical car