Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 is alive

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007 | 11:05 PM
10 Second Club

BTW, when did you start on this project? Just curious of the time frame.
Old 12-31-2007 | 01:25 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Stop this project. Just sell the car to me.
Old 12-31-2007 | 02:42 AM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Amazing, thats all I can say. You said somthing about painting the hood, is the bottom staying unpainted. What about the chin spoiler, is it CF, and are you going to paint it or leave it in natural CF. Not to step on any of your decisions, the car its perfect, but i vote to put 307, 327, or 350 emblems on for just a small sleeper touch.
Old 12-31-2007 | 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Thanks guys, I couldn't be happier with how the paint turned out.

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
It looks amazing... I can see the quality of the paint job Why a flat black firewall?
Actually, it's a satin charcoal. It has a more modern OEM feel to it. Check out the pic below, the dash is satin black and you can easily see the difference.

Originally Posted by JRracing
BTW, when did you start on this project? Just curious of the time frame.
The car came apart for the major teardown and fabrication about 3 years ago. It's taken that long to work enough side jobs to pay for all the parts. lol

Originally Posted by Bucksbadz
Amazing, thats all I can say. You said somthing about painting the hood, is the bottom staying unpainted. What about the chin spoiler, is it CF, and are you going to paint it or leave it in natural CF. Not to step on any of your decisions, the car its perfect, but i vote to put 307, 327, or 350 emblems on for just a small sleeper touch.
Yep, it's getting a carbon fiber chin spoiler. As for the emblems, all the holes have been filled. There won't be any emblems anywhere on the car... it won't even have an antenna... well, at least one that you can see.

Old 12-31-2007 | 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Paint is looking real sweet......who sprayed it?
Old 12-31-2007 | 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Autokraft Race Cars & Restorations in Wisconsin. They did the stripping, metalwork, and paint.
Old 12-31-2007 | 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am scared to ask what they are charging you, but I would give them a pat on the back for a nice job. That paint job is looking real straight and deep.
Old 12-31-2007 | 10:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nice job Scott. It won't be long now. That snow reminds me of working on my car in Ohio, (I live in Florida now). Your car is beautiful. Are you running a 4L60 trans or something else. It sounds like it has a high stall converter. How do you like those Spintech mufflers? I like the satin dash and firewall. Who makes the paint for those two items.

Thanks in advance.

D.J.
Old 12-31-2007 | 01:31 PM
On The Tree

Thanks DJ. The trans is a Rockland Standard built T56. The motor is running a box stock LS7 tune, so it wasn't real happy when I took it for a quick little drive. lol Soon as the snow melts, I should have all the plumbing, wiring, and interior done and ready for an alignment and tune.

Still up in the air on the Spintech's. I haven't heard it at WOT yet. They sound a lot like a flowmaster, they have that flowmaster thump, but without that ringing sound - for a lack of a better term. lol

The paint is what Autokraft came up with after a lot of discussion. I think it's going to be cool and definitely not blingy. The only part under the hood that's polished to a shine is the alternator and it's driving me nuts.
Old 12-31-2007 | 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sharp! A great example of old musclecar style with a beast from today under the hood....best of both worlds!
Old 12-31-2007 | 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by XcYZb
Thanks DJ. The trans is a Rockland Standard built T56. The motor is running a box stock LS7 tune, so it wasn't real happy when I took it for a quick little drive. lol Soon as the snow melts, I should have all the plumbing, wiring, and interior done and ready for an alignment and tune.

Still up in the air on the Spintech's. I haven't heard it at WOT yet. They sound a lot like a flowmaster, they have that flowmaster thump, but without that ringing sound - for a lack of a better term. lol

The paint is what Autokraft came up with after a lot of discussion. I think it's going to be cool and definitely not blingy. The only part under the hood that's polished to a shine is the alternator and it's driving me nuts.
Your car sounded just like my C5 going up the driveway that has a 3600 Yank installed in it. Sorry, I didn't know it was a T-56.

I'm really not sure how to go with my Nova under the hood. The car will be Sherwin Williams Planet Colors Carbon black on the lower sections with Mineral Blue on the top surfaces with some sort of pin strip between. Some billet wheels and small trim item's. I don't want to make it too low key but then again I don't like the so called bling look on the outside. I do want to have a nice engine compartment with a silver painted LSX Block and the intake you are running on your LS-7. Maybe some Abear covers $$$$$. I have a Vintage Air Front Runner for Assy. drive and all of it is polished. I think the satin black firewall like you have would look good on my car as well. I'm still in the body work paint stage right now as I am doing everything myself and I'm slow.

D.J.
Old 12-31-2007 | 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

OMG...badass!! I don't know how I've missed this thread, but I'm glad I found it. It sounds awesome in the videos too!!
Old 01-16-2008 | 07:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

That car looks amazing!
Old 01-16-2008 | 08:17 AM
On The Tree

Thanks. All that's left is to install the windshield and rear glass and the paint & body is done at Autokraft. I was planning on bringing it home on Saturday, but I have a conflict, so I'll have to wait until the 26th. Once I get it home, I'll take some good pictures of it all together. Here are some pics that I took last week.

Now I just need to get it back home so I can wire it, plumb it, fabricate the exhaust, and get the interior in... and that will pretty much wrap up the build part of the project.

I love the contrast in color and finish between the red and the dark grey. It came out exactly as I had hoped.

Old 01-16-2008 | 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

^ Fantastic attention to detail
Old 01-16-2008 | 11:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Love the contrast as well. The billet hood hinges and SS hardware are a step above. Are you going to use any sound suppression material on the interior floors, doors, etc.?
D.J.
Old 01-16-2008 | 11:47 AM
TECH Veteran

One of the top 10 cars on LS1Tech, period.
Old 01-16-2008 | 01:41 PM
On The Tree

What are you using for an alternator bracket. Does it have the Corvette spacing?
Old 01-16-2008 | 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by OneQuickCoupe
Love the contrast as well. The billet hood hinges and SS hardware are a step above. Are you going to use any sound suppression material on the interior floors, doors, etc.?
D.J.
Thanks D.J. Yep, I'm going to use something, but I'm not sure what yet. I'm leaning towards Lizard Skin.

Originally Posted by Buckndol
What are you using for an alternator bracket. Does it have the Corvette spacing?
The alternator bracket is from Synister Products. When you mean spacing, are you referring to the distance from the face of the block out to the edge of the belt?
Old 01-16-2008 | 07:47 PM
Launching!

Incredible build. Props to you sir!

Quick Reply: LS7 is alive