Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 swap into a 68 GTO A-body: Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

if its a fuel tank for a 68-72 chevelle gto 442 skylark it will fit. they all filled from the rear. i cant find the GM34DF.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...el-tank-2.html

in this thread they mention the GM34BFI which comes with the high pressure fuel pump and sender judging buy the picture it already has a high pressure fitting on it.
I have the Dorman tube for the corvette FPR and i cut them into and put flared fittings on it im going to run 3/8 hard (brake) lines from the tank to the regulator. and stay away from AN fittings and compression fittings. theres several ways to do it.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Status Update: the L92 and 6L80 don't clear

I am having issues getting the L92 and 6L80 to clear:

Big block frame mounts with motor mounts by Prothane Motion Control part # 7-505-BL, a 307 is not listed as an valid application.

I don't have any front drive accessories installed except for the water pump.

There is no clearance, the 6L80 is hanging down way too low. I don't know what pan is on it now but a the CTS-V pan is only 1" shorter.

I don't know if he did not cut out enough of the floor pan and or firewall as the intake may not clear the hood?

The steering linkage is wrong, the new tie rods ends are short & long vs four long ends on the original tie rod ends.

The aftermarket sway bar mounts/brackets do not line up at all, on the rear sway bar only one bolt hole works.

The rear coil spring adjusters do not clear the rear coils, so he mounted them on the bottom of the spring.

The front coil spring adjusters leave no clearance to make adjustments and they are mounted on the top of the spring where they are supposed to be.

1) Sanden ac unit with Kwik Performance bracket
2) CTS-V oil pan
3) Edelbrock plates
4) Edelbrock 68-72 headers
5) Gen III truck accessories (from a 2005 LQ4)
6) 25% LS1 under drive pulley
7) LS3 intake with 90mm Throttle Body and spacer
8) SDPC UCA & GW LCA
9) Lee 670 steering box
10) ATS Tall AFX spindles
11) Chevelle big block engine frame stands with Prothane Motion Control part # 7-505-BL mounts
12) Speartech idler pulley relocation bracket
13) Katech LS1/LQ4/LQ9 truck adj tensioner
14) S10 power steering pump pulley

pictures by Friday, hopefully someone will chime in with suggestions.

Last edited by josht; 02-02-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another update:

I ended up removing the AC/Heater box so I would not have to move the engine forward.

The 6L80 is huge, worse than the 4L80e, the entire hump for the drive shaft has to opened up, the good thing is that the CTS-V pan is only 1/2" below the front frame and with the 6L80 CTS-V transmission pan the transmission pan should not hang much lower that the oil pan.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...a&id=637629691

Quick Reply: LQ4 swap into a 68 GTO A-body: Questions