Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 into a 944 discussion.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thread resurrection time!!!

I'm gathering parts now for mine. I have a 1989 944 N/A I bought last weekend, and I'm picking up an LS1 out of a 98 camaro with 92k on it, guy swapped it for a 6.0. Aside from the torque tube to c5 bell housing adapter, I plan to make everything on my own. Super limited budget, and to much time on my hands. Plus I like to do a major project every year, last year I rebuilt a 1600cc motorcycle, the year before my 6.0 diesel truck's engine, and this year, a 944 to LS1 swap.

What I've been having the most trouble with so far is getting an idea for what stuff looks like. I'm very visible, and apparently the other forum with all the goodies on it went away.

From my understanding, a stock one piece c5 bell housing will adapt to the torque tube with the converter. I like that the motor mounts exact dimensions/angles are available in the wiki along with the oil pan, that takes a lot of guess work out of things, everything else is pretty much simple stuff that you can do without putting in and removing the engine a half dozen times for measurements.

marc a if you happen to have an upgraded link with your conversion, that would be awesome.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:37 AM
On The Tree

First of all, welcome to the sickness! Search for my build thread for info and head over to 944hybrids.forumotion.com its all the info/people from the old site! Feel free to ask any questions!
Old 02-19-2012, 06:51 AM
Teching In

Default Thanks

Great thread. I am new to posting but have followed along here and with others and you guys have been very helpful. Just want to say thanks! The little rustoleum white 86 Porshe 951 is road and track ready with just a few tweaks left to go.

Quick Reply: LS1 into a 944 discussion.