Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"NEW" LS1 Billet Alt Relow Brk

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 08:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "NEW" LS1 Billet Alt Relow Brk

Here is the Design I came up with for relocating my altenator to the passenger side of the factory F body Ls1. My altenator clashed with my steering gear box on my 1965 cutlass project. This design uses the factory Alt mounting bracket and idler. The wild thing is when I got it installed and tight the factory stock belt fits perfect. I may be putting these on the market after I've fully tested the kit. I can also offer custom one off billet brackets, and engine covers. You dream it up and we can cut it. The water Jet we have is awesome. If anyone is interested give me a pm.

You'll need to be a sponsor first before you can post pictures of your commercial products for resale - John B, Moderator

Last edited by John B; 01-20-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Nice layout.

--JMarsa
Old 01-19-2008, 09:15 PM
DCx
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i want one! i want one! i want one! exactly what i have been looking for!

just dont charge $400 for it please!
Old 01-19-2008, 09:29 PM
FASTEST ALL MOTOR LS1 IN THE COUNTRY

nice piece...can you pm me the priceof one?
Old 01-19-2008, 10:36 PM
8 Second Club

how much?
It just bolts to the head correct?
so could I just bolt it on the driverside head if I wanted to delete the PS pump?
Old 01-19-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Junkie

u should become a sponsor. that looks like a nice piece. should sell well to the turbo crowd if the pricing is good.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:57 AM
TECH Resident

I will become a sponsor if you guys put me to work. I am a design engineer. I can pretty much design and deliver any kind of bracket, brace, instrument panel you guys need.

I'll be cutting my instrument panel next for my 65 project.The theme for the project is "LS1 F-85". I'll be putting that in my dash panel. You can see the lay out in my project thread. I'm then going to design and fab some billet engine covers with my own custom logo or emblem. I may be offering these soon. I have recently hooked up with a relative who has a new waterjet, I'm like a kid in a candy store. If you can dream it up I can design and deliver it.

As for pricing, I can offer one off brackets like you see here for 350 to 400$. If several of you order at once I can get some cost out, price might be down to 250 or less. My pricing will all depend on part sizes, complexity, etc. For custom stuff I thing I'm more than reasonable on pricing.

Sam it will bolt to the other head but I think we'll need to build a different design cause the altenator will have to be rotated and will not mount to the bracket.

The altenator bracket will be available as soon as I get it fully tested and verified.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Rockytopper,
Please refrain from posting pricing until you become a sponsor. I don't think we have any companies selling custom bracketry and your parts look really trick so I'm sure you'll get some decent business if you decide to advertise here. Please contact PSJ or Nineball for sponsorship info.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 01-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Teching In

That's a nice piece Rockytopper! I have one concern: You've located the tensioner where the belt is under tension from the load imposed by the alt. Tensioners are located so they take up the slack in unloaded portions of drive belts. In this case that would be between the alt. and the crank pulley. It looks like with just a minor revision, you can swap positions of the idler and tensioner pulleys and everything will work.
Just a little suggestion from another enginere (see I are one!).
Old 01-20-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry my bad I didn't know the policy here it want happen again.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:30 AM
TECH Resident

John B, Scooter and the rest of the moderators, please reframe from editing my post for offering to sale alt brackets when you let other none sponsored members sale on here and they even post the price in the title of the post. I'm not talking about one bracket, the post is selling a kit and it appears several have been ordered. If you folks can't even reply to a e-mail of a perspective customer or sponsor in this case then I don't thank I'll ever be interested in being a sponsor of this website. I am not a commercial business at this time and I simply offer something for the DIY guys here that are less fortunate and don't have access to the design and fabrication tools I have. I design airplanes and custom homes for a living not performance products related to this market. This is my first LS1 project like many others here. I appreciate this site and the help I have received from the members who have helped me. If you have a policy you need to make it apply to all not just who you pick and choose to.
Rocky
Old 02-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Launching!

Cant see it. Very interested in a set of complete brackets.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

Id like to see the bracket. Im working on a 67 Chevelle and my altenator is hitting the steering box also.
Email the pics and availability to....

Craig@cincyspeed.com

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Teching In

RockyT
can you email me at gfai@mindspring.com please
I posted in another topic about my needing a bracket/pully system

thanks
Old 02-20-2008, 11:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by rockytopper
John B, Scooter and the rest of the moderators, please reframe from editing my post for offering to sale alt brackets when you let other none sponsored members sale on here and they even post the price in the title of the post. I'm not talking about one bracket, the post is selling a kit and it appears several have been ordered. If you folks can't even reply to a e-mail of a perspective customer or sponsor in this case then I don't thank I'll ever be interested in being a sponsor of this website. I am not a commercial business at this time and I simply offer something for the DIY guys here that are less fortunate and don't have access to the design and fabrication tools I have. I design airplanes and custom homes for a living not performance products related to this market. This is my first LS1 project like many others here. I appreciate this site and the help I have received from the members who have helped me. If you have a policy you need to make it apply to all not just who you pick and choose to.
Rocky
I really don't think they are just selectivley picking you out, they just have alot on the plate and it's hard to keep up with all of the Non sponsor posts.
They do what they can to delete or edit them.
You have to look at it this way, I make and manufacture ls brackets for these conversions and I sponsor the site to sell them. It's costly to our business when non sponsors join in and take sales from paid sponsors.
I highly suggest you become a sponsor and make alot of sales with you product as it looks great!
Thanks
Elec
Carshopinc.com

Last edited by Carshopinc.com; 02-20-2008 at 03:54 PM.

Quick Reply: "NEW" LS1 Billet Alt Relow Brk