Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1967 Camaro with Katech Street Attack 427

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reboot04
And with great thanks to Tyler and Russel at ATS we were able to get the sway bar installed before heading over to the SEMA show this afternoon. Optima Batteries has sponsored our entry and although we are not in their booth, we have an awesome spot in the main hall beside the Ford display. I'll be kicking around most of the week so if you're around, give me a shout or fire me a PM. Until then, a quick move in picture...
I'll be at SEMA Wednesday and would like to meet ya!!

Mike R.
(702) 494-8056
Old 11-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Staging Lane

There is nothing about the way that car looks that you could do any better - the stance, the wheel selection, the blend of a car that even stock will never not look sexy plus some small updates...just wow. For me, this project is the perfect definition of restomod, as well as the perfect balance between race and street. Attention to the details is what really sets the car off for an OCD person like me.

I hope that car gets driven and enjoyed a lot, would be a shame to let all those guys' hard work waste away.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

And with great thanks to Tyler and Russel at ATS we were able to get the sway bar installed before heading over to the SEMA show this afternoon. Optima Batteries has sponsored our entry and although we are not in their booth, we have an awesome spot in the main hall beside the Ford display. I'll be kicking around most of the week so if you're around, give me a shout or fire me a PM. Until then, a quick move in picture...

Congrats and I am in town Wednesday for the show - I will be sure to stop by for an upclose and personal viewing. Excellent job!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just really dont like the hood pins. but amazing care none the less. do me a favor and drive the hell out of it
Old 11-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Beautiful Camaro! I love to see the dyno graph. The suspension setup looks awesome. Do you feel the roll-bar takes away from the practicality of the car? I know its a double edged sword.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Staging Lane

Wicked...
Old 11-04-2008, 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by evsmotors
Beautiful Camaro! I love to see the dyno graph. The suspension setup looks awesome. Do you feel the roll-bar takes away from the practicality of the car? I know its a double edged sword.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this car wont see much street duty judging by how low the splitter is in front and the DOT race tires that are on the car...
Old 11-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Launching!

built for one lap and silver state should be a beast. go 240 plus? hope fully you can better big reds numbers from 1989.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Amazing I love it!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ZOMG!!! I just read every single post over the last 45mins or so, I love this car and would gladly sell my soul or trade it to you for it!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by evsmotors
Thanks. The suspension is awesome - at least from what I have been able to tell over the first few miles. The roll bar is a neccessary evil but, in all honesty, I can't image the car without it. I never intended for the car to be a functional 4-seater so the loss of the back seat is not an issue and the bar is tight enough to the body that it almost gets lost.

Some pictures from SEMA this morning...

Last edited by reboot04; 11-04-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by themachasy
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this car wont see much street duty judging by how low the splitter is in front and the DOT race tires that are on the car...
I drove the car from American Touring Specialties to the SEMA show on Sunday with the splitter in place and didn't have any real issues until I ran out of gas as we pulled into the central hall. The exhaust is the lowest part of the car right now and is one area that I do need to address for street driving. It does hit on some high spots - especially with a passenger - but it's an easy fix. The R888's are awesome on the street (and obviously on the track as well); I would hazard to guess that I am one of the only people who can say that they are decent in the snow as well.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by knappbunch
built for one lap and silver state should be a beast. go 240 plus? hope fully you can better big reds numbers from 1989.
It should do well - with some tuning time - but there is no way that it will come close to eclipsing big reds numbers in it's current form. I had a chance to look big red over at the show and it is a purpose built race car - far more so than mine is today. I will be happy with a solid outing at the One Lap of America and a safe run at the Silver State first time out.

I will also be happy with a decent showing this Saturday at the Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitation but I am not expecting much beyond some fun on the track and an opportunity to start to learn the limits of the car. Either way it's going to be a great event and I am honored to be invited.

And some pictures of the business side of things:

Last edited by reboot04; 11-04-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

car looks awesome. Im very impressed with what youve done.

one thing to remember is that theres always somebody faster. if you just build it for you then you cant loose.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

That is one amazing vehicle you've built. I just mad that I'm just now finding this thread. Good luck in the ultimate street car competition.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Really great looking final product.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Launching!

[QUOTE=reboot04;10422910]It should do well - with some tuning time - but there is no way that it will come close to eclipsing big reds numbers in it's current form. I had a chance to look big red over at the show and it is a purpose built race car - far more so than mine is today. I will be happy with a solid outing at the One Lap of America and a safe run at the Silver State first time out.

I will also be happy with a decent showing this Saturday at the Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitation but I am not expecting much beyond some fun on the track and an opportunity to start to learn the limits of the car. Either way it's going to be a great event and I am honored to be invited.

And some pictures of the business side of things:

big red is a purpose built race car. I have followed that car since it was built always my dream to have a road race 70 chevelle built like that car. but your car is very impressive and should put up some great numbers in it's own right. your car even though it has aftermarket pieces is as much race car as anything that thing is beautiful.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Good lord that is a nice *** car, detail is ******* amazing!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Regular

I drove the car from American Touring Specialties to the SEMA show on Sunday with the splitter in place and didn't have any real issues until I ran out of gas as we pulled into the central hall. The exhaust is the lowest part of the car right now and is one area that I do need to address for street driving. It does hit on some high spots - especially with a passenger - but it's an easy fix. The R888's are awesome on the street (and obviously on the track as well); I would hazard to guess that I am one of the only people who can say that they are decent in the snow as well.
Bad *** semi street car. I'd daily drive it

Absolutely amazing attention to detail, love the car, almost too nice to track it.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Launching!

I found the car and it is indeed an amazing job!! The only problem is that I couldn't find anybody that knew where the owner was located. I wanted to talk to James!!

It was fun watching other people looking at the car. There were four or five cars in a line up against that wall and the Camaro had by far the most people who would stop and look it over. If Chevrolet had any sense, they should have put this car in their big display next to the new Camaro (except this one would have made the new one look pretty bad).

Excellent work!!
Mike
Attached Thumbnails 1967 Camaro with Katech Street Attack 427-one-lap-camaro-me.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1967 Camaro with Katech Street Attack 427