Any kit made for a 3rd gen will fit T-tops and hardtops
Old 08-04-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Another run at the top...
Old 08-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Turd Gen Guy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah if anyone has any questions there free to pm me. love seeing more lsx third gens.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all about the third gens!! Yeah hunter will be a big help his car and him have come a very long way. and ready for it back on the road again too !
Old 08-04-2010, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NemeSS
that sticky is not all that great and theres easier ways of doing some things than whats posted imo
Originally Posted by iansane
I tend to agree. Most of that seems absolute basics. I found better luck in just posting specific questions to problems as you come to them or ideas you have and you get a better response. Or just PM one of the many guys who've done an LSx into a thirdgen.
Originally Posted by NemeSS
yea, i guess u could call it that.
It does provide basic info, but leaves out alot and adds unnecessary.
i will try to get my swap version stickied here since ive done both carb and efi ls 3rd gens.
and working on my 3rd.
Really so my pictures and walk through suck, because it links to that.
http://team3rdgen.com/modules.php?name=3rdGenLS1

Perhaps if it's SO basic and there's easier ways and leaves out a lot, just maybe you guys could give specifics on what sucks so bad and we could add to it or change it to make it better...
Old 08-04-2010, 04:46 PM
TECH Regular

Wow. Way to take it personal. The TGO guide doesn't JUST link to your swap guide.

If you're looking for suggestions that's awesome. My swap in particular used a truck pcm/harness which there were no wiring diagrams on the LS1 guide link from the TGO guide and the TGO page itself. I used alldata and part of a corrupted pdf file (which, for what it had was AMAZING. It was a color coded wiring diagram for both pcm connectors and visually showed where that colored wire went {what sensor, switch, etc}). Although I lost that file a few computer moves ago.

Along the same lines I never found a good way to identify what my truck harness was from (o2 connectors/pt numbers changed a bunch depending on the year).

Some nice small things would be adding what the Russell part numbers for the fuel line quick disconnects for both the fbody fuel rail and corvette regulator/filter assembly, and maybe even the Russell number for the clutch master cylinder/slave cylinder connection fittings for guys making their own clutch line.

There is a ton of small stuff that I've forgotten since my swap was at least a year, if not two, ago. :shrug: Don't get me wrong, the TGO guide is a good start but there are probably a few guys here that you could shoot a PM too and get an answer to almost anything LSx/thirdgen related vs searching, searching, searching threads that *might* contain a word you're looking for.

Don't get in a huff dude.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Myself and others have made individual threads on the LSX swap forum on TGO concerning pin-point problems/issues/fixes. For example, I made a thread a few weeks ago about how to use 3rd gen manual pedals with the T56 and not havin to hack up a set of 4th gen pedals to get the peg for the master cylinder onto the 3rd gen pedals. A lot of stuff like that isn't in the sticky.

As for the wiring, if you're uncomfortable with doin it yourself (it's a hairy job, I didn't do mine), PM Pocket. He makes harnesses at a fraction of the cost of one at Painless and their competitors. He made mine and it works flawlessly.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Wow. Way to take it personal. The TGO guide doesn't JUST link to your swap guide.

If you're looking for suggestions that's awesome. My swap in particular used a truck pcm/harness which there were no wiring diagrams on the LS1 guide link from the TGO guide and the TGO page itself. I used alldata and part of a corrupted pdf file (which, for what it had was AMAZING. It was a color coded wiring diagram for both pcm connectors and visually showed where that colored wire went {what sensor, switch, etc}). Although I lost that file a few computer moves ago.

Along the same lines I never found a good way to identify what my truck harness was from (o2 connectors/pt numbers changed a bunch depending on the year).

Some nice small things would be adding what the Russell part numbers for the fuel line quick disconnects for both the fbody fuel rail and corvette regulator/filter assembly, and maybe even the Russell number for the clutch master cylinder/slave cylinder connection fittings for guys making their own clutch line.

There is a ton of small stuff that I've forgotten since my swap was at least a year, if not two, ago. :shrug: Don't get me wrong, the TGO guide is a good start but there are probably a few guys here that you could shoot a PM too and get an answer to almost anything LSx/thirdgen related vs searching, searching, searching threads that *might* contain a word you're looking for.

Don't get in a huff dude.
It's a basic guide to get you started. It's not going to cover every aspect of it including the tiny little details. Think about it, a LSx swap covered GEN III, GEN IV with about a dozen different PCMs. Theres no reason to list them all because most are skipped. Also, note you did the swap a few years ago when there was less info available. Not saying it wasnt around, just no one had taken the time to write a thread about it

BTW, the complete fuel system diagrams are posted in the additional info thread linked in the sticky along with a specific breakdown of part numbers and individual diagrams for several year 3rd gens
Old 03-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

i just wrecked my 00 z28 m6 :'( sooo the 85 iroc is getting a ls1 heart transplant now

Quick Reply: 3rd Gen Camaro LS1 Swap??