Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 In An FFR Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine & Trans Are In

F-in A finally got them in. Big thanks to my little brother for helping out. Along with that got the majority of the front and rear brake lines ran. Just have to make the lines that connect them to their MCs. Installed one of those remote clutch bleeders from LPP here on tech. Finished putting the rivets on the passengerside footbox. And mounted the hidden battery box. Should give me a little more trunk space. Granted not enough for golf clubs but enough for some stuff..

Next I'm putting tires on the wheels so I can this thing off the movers dollies. Damn thing is getting heavy now..lol

By using the mustang mounts it moved the motor forward a few inches so I'm gonna have to get a longer driveshaft made. It's a good thing cause originally I thought it was going to be too short. And I was worried about the driveshaft binding.

Here's the pics:

Tails
Old 06-15-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Looks like it's coming together real nice.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Launching!

Ya after being out for a few weeks felt nice to get back to work on it. Even though it was hotter than hell..

Tails
Old 06-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Not much went on this past weekend. Still waiting on tires to showup so I can't get it off the dollies and set the ride height. Exhaust is on it's way so I can start messing with that. As soon as that's done I'll be able to see where I can route the rear brake line and get that squared away. So I just took care of a few little things yesterday.

Coilpacks came in so I cleaned them up and got em mounted up. The trans was ended up hitting the crossmember/brace it bolts to. So I had to clearance it a little, plus I wanted to drop the angle of the shaft a little to make room for the shifter up top. It was sitting to high and hitting the frame. Here's some pics:

Tails
Old 07-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Launching!

Tires came in. Gonna try and get them mounted and balanced tomorrow. If not I'll do it on Sat..

Tails
Old 07-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Launching!

Default She's a Roller

She's off the ground now and walking, sorta..

Tails
Old 07-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

what color is it gonna be?
Old 07-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MatthewJon
what color is it gonna be?
Still working on what I want with that. What I'd like to do is for the main color a deep red, white seperated stripe down the middle, on each side of the stripe along with in the middle have a blue border, then on the stripe have ghost stars going all the down. Something along those lines...

Tails
Old 07-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Launching!

The truck manifolds I bought off a member here (simple), landed on my doorstep today so I decided to test fit them. If you remember a few posts back I was pretty limited to my exhaust options outside of just getting a custom set made. Well to be honest I don't really want to spend that kind of money on it as of right now, maybe later after she's on the road. I've got a set of shorty fbody headers I'm waiting on that I will try also. See which ones fit best and sell the ones I don't use. Thanks to the truck guys for giving me this idea.. Here's some pics:

Tails
Old 07-07-2008, 08:59 PM
TECH Addict

Looking great man. How long till you get to drive it with out the body on? Also, when do you expect to be done besides paint?
Old 07-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jerrad
Looking great man. How long till you get to drive it with out the body on? Also, when do you expect to be done besides paint?

Thanks. Right now I'm shooting for the end of August for the first start. End of Sept for go-kart. I'm planning on being done minus paint say Oct-Nov timeframe. And have it painted by next summer..

Tails
Old 07-07-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

You're making me jealous. Hopefully I can get one started at the beginning of next year. Mine will be the standard 5.0 build though.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:38 AM
On The Tree

Tails - I live in Mesa and just finished a ls swap into my 90 Mustang. I have a good friend who does incredible custom fabrication and is real reasonable. PM me if you'd like his information.He made a real nice set of longtubes for my swap.

Dave
Old 07-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Launching!

You're making me jealous. Hopefully I can get one started at the beginning of next year. Mine will be the standard 5.0 build though.
Nice. The standard 5.0s are no slouch in these cars. I had rented one from a company here in the area that was pretty much a bone stock build. Needless to say it moved along pretty well. Hit me up whenever you have any questions on the car. Plus the guys over on ffcobra.com are really helpful. There's an endless pool of knowledge over there..

Dave, shot ya a PM. Thanks..

Tails
Old 07-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Launching!

Got the alternator relocation kit from Carshopinc on last night. Nice workmanship on it.
Here's some pics..

Tails
Old 07-12-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

very nice.... I would really like to do either this or the gtm supercar in the future... maybe with a little forced induction, who knows?
Old 07-12-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Looking great as usual. Have you tried to fit the belt and make sure everything is square on the front?
Old 07-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Launching!

very nice.... I would really like to do either this or the gtm supercar in the future... maybe with a little forced induction, who knows?
Nice. There's a couple of guys doing FI already. So when you get ready you'll have some knowledge to tap over there..

Looking great as usual. Have you tried to fit the belt and make sure everything is square on the front?
Yep that's what I'm working on this weekend. I'll post up pics later tomorrow or Mon. Just doing more little things till the fuel stuff gets here..

Tails
Old 07-12-2008, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Have you figured out how you'll to the exhaust? If I get to build one I'm probably going to go the turbo route so I'll be in the same boat. Are you going to run it under the car and have a set of site pipes that aren't functional or what?
Old 07-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Launching!

I'll still use the side exhaust and keep it functional. There isn't much clearance underneath for pipes. I'll just have to make some pipes that come off the exhaust and route to where the sidepipes come into the enginebay, if that makes sense..

For a turbo I wouldn't think the piping would be that hard. There's alot of room between the motor and the front x-member.

Tails

Quick Reply: LS1 In An FFR Roadster