Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mast Motorsports L92HO/6L90E Powered 1968 Short/Wide---Hot Rod Power Tour Long Hauler

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 03:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shifters for 6 speed 6l90e

hi guys .

do you know of a tiptronic style shifter that would work with this engine / gearbox swap.

regards and good motoring
Old 03-24-2009, 06:14 AM
12 Second Club

That is a beautiful C10. And an awesome swap! How does it drive?
Old 03-24-2009, 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vs510ci
hi guys .

do you know of a tiptronic style shifter that would work with this engine / gearbox swap.

G8, Cadi, at the very least.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:08 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by snketr
So, do you have the ability to put the 6l80/90e behind a 5.3? I'd like to put a 5.3 in my colorado with a 6 speed auto. Would I need to change the reluctor wheel?
Yes. No reluctor change is necessary. It will run the 6L80/6L90 behind any LS series engine.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:09 PM
FormerVendor

hi guys .

I have heard of people doing it, but haven't seen one with my own eyes.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by chrisdacarnut
That is a beautiful C10. And an awesome swap! How does it drive?
Thanks! The way I describe it is as a: 2009 model 1968 Chevrolet Truck. Late model driveability and the good looks of a classic.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

hi guys .

Originally Posted by rsz288
G8, Cadi, at the very least.
I'd like to chime in on the G8 & Cadi shifters and part of this is based on rsz288 educating me on how G8 TU/TD shifter works and this probably applies to any Cadi shifter that allows TU/TD shifting.

rsz288 explained to me awhile back, that G8 shifter at least requires another control module to send signal to 6L internal module via shifter being TU'ed or TD'ed. Cadi shifter probably does to.

I'm using a G8 shifter for my build, an as purchased it will not TU/TD the 6L.
It had to be modified to simulate the way Corvette Paddle shifters electronics work. This also required my as shipped 6L internal module to have to have Corvette shift program downloaded to it so I can TU/TD shift.

Would recommend that you contact John Spears @ Speartech if you decide you want to use either G8 or Cadi shifter so you can TU/TD shift via shifter. He has modified both Cadi and G8 shifters to work with Corvette 6L shift program.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Great truck. I love how it looks.

What size drop did you use for the truck?

What size tires/wheels are you using??

Thanks for the information. It looks wonderful!!

Adam
Old 08-31-2009, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MastMotorsports
Yes. No reluctor change is necessary. It will run the 6L80/6L90 behind any LS series engine.

So can I run a 6L90 behind the LS2 in my 05 GTO?
Old 12-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default please reactivate your photobucket account

Thanks! The way I describe it is as a: 2009 model 1968 Chevrolet Truck. Late model driveability and the good looks of a classic.
I was wondering if you could reactivate your photobucket so that we can see the pictures again. I am getting ready to do a build and wanted to go through your build again. I loved the way you did it.

thanks
Old 12-31-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

I second that
Old 01-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Teching In

I third that, I'm doing a LY6 6L90E into a Holden WB one tonner in Western Australia, so all the info I can get my hands on would be much appreciated. for those of you that don't know what a one tonner looks like here's a photo of one (it's not my one ) but it will give you the idea, they weigh approx 1200kg's.

Cheers.

Barra.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1096s
I third that, I'm doing a LY6 6L90E into a Holden WB one tonner in Western Australia, so all the info I can get my hands on would be much appreciated. for those of you that don't know what a one tonner looks like here's a photo of one (it's not my one ) but it will give you the idea, they weigh approx 1200kg's.

Cheers.

Barra.
Nice tonner there bloke. You doing yours with the Statesman front too?

Dont know if you have seen this, but FYI:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...o-does-go.html
Old 01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys from what I understand Sean at Mast was the one that was monitoring the forums here. He left Mast back in the Summer to go back to school so that is probably why they aren't responding to this thread. You might want to call Mast directly to get some answers.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rsz288
Nice tonner there bloke. You doing yours with the Statesman front too?

Dont know if you have seen this, but FYI:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...o-does-go.html
rsz288, Yes I read your build thread last year, very informative. At the moment I'm concentrating on the chassis and drivetrain (eng & trans due to land in c'tainer late this month), and will be looking for a new (better) cab once the rolling work is done. I am leaning toward HX Stato f/end, everyone goes for the WB stato f/end nowadays.
How's your Camaro going is it finished yet ?

Cheers,

Barra.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1096s
rsz288, Yes I read your build thread last year, very informative. At the moment I'm concentrating on the chassis and drivetrain (eng & trans due to land in c'tainer late this month), and will be looking for a new (better) cab once the rolling work is done. I am leaning toward HX Stato f/end, everyone goes for the WB stato f/end nowadays.
How's your Camaro going is it finished yet ?

Cheers,

Barra.
Camaro has been on the road for about 15 months now Barra. Passed 10,000k's a while back. Going very well. Drive it a lot .
Old 12-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Default Fuel pump relocation

Fuel System Installation

We bought a fuel cell for this specific application. It gets the fuel out of the cab and relocates it and the filler neck to the bed of the truck. The fuel cell was a really nice piece with a straightforward installation. However, the fuel runs away from the pickups if the tank is below ½ full. The tank has doesn’t have the proper baffling inside, so it a lean condition when you get on it and are running below a half a tank of fuel. It really leaves a lot to be desired.

Our fuel system is a Mast Motorsports AN fuel system that is an option with our crate engine packages. We send it as a universal kit that has to be finish fit to your specific chassis and routing preferences. It uses anodized fittings and braided stainless line from the fuel cell all the way to the fuel rail. The pump (can be in-tank or in-line) is a 67 GPH and the filter/regulator is a GM unit. We have tested this pump setup on all of our engine packages that we offer thus far and it has supported the high power levels just fine. This includes our LSX 454 HO engines. Everywhere on our fuel system that has a GM push connect line uses an anodized quick connect with a 6AN outlet. This makes for a nice solution for a complete, low cost fuel system solution for the LS series swap. Below are some pics of the fuel system layout.

We haven't figured out what our solution to our fueling problem is going to be. We may just cut the tank open and put in the correct baffling or get a new tank. For now the fix is to run it with at least a half a tank of fuel.
I had the same problem but on a carburetor fuel system. I lowered the fuel pump so it will be at same level or a little lower than bottom of gas tank and after that didn't have any more problems. Hope this helps.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Wow looks good bro!

Quick Reply: Mast Motorsports L92HO/6L90E Powered 1968 Short/Wide---Hot Rod Power Tour Long Hauler