Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

So anyone find black carpet for their vert they liked?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So anyone find black carpet for their vert they liked?

I have started looking and have yet to find a setup that works for the verts?

I am wanting to change from tan to black, so the cut the back half out to replace thing doesn't work for me.

Anyone on here looking for tan carpet?
Old 07-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Banned

would also like to find a nice black carpet
Old 07-16-2008, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

+1 Anyone?
Old 07-17-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

+2 I need new carpet if I decide to do a roll bar
Old 07-18-2008, 06:49 AM
On The Tree

if you must have it in black then have the one you have dyed black.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FERNANDO
if you must have it in black then have the one you have dyed black.
Serious? You talking about using SEM color dye?
Old 07-18-2008, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

there's 2 graphite color carpets on ebay right now. i know it's not black but it might be dark enough when it's in.

i did the foil mod on my vert for noise, it helped very little. it took me about 40 min to take out the carpet. i had it steam cleaned since it was out. the guy even came over to pick it up and deliver it. he had a vert camaro. cool guy.

call an upholstery shop and get a quote to make it black.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

i did the foil mod on my vert for noise, it helped very little. it took me about 40 min to take out the carpet. i had it steam cleaned since it was out. the guy even came over to pick it up and deliver it. he had a vert camaro. cool guy.

call an upholstery shop and get a quote to make it black.
Foil Mod? you talking the ?mat stuff. I was thinking about doing that, but if it matters little, I'll skip the time and $.

And yep I dropped by an upholstery shop friend on Friday, he is going to price me some carpet and order extra to make the back half bound and matched. He told me the dye doesn't work well.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

I bought the 80" wide Superflex black Ozite carpet which is the exact color as the 00-02 ebony carpet. I haven't installed it yet since I need a few more pieces for my ebony interior conversion, but I will take some pics when completed and you can decide if you like it and want to use it. My biggest concern with replacement carpets is all the convertible applications only cover the floorpan and don't go up and over the hump behind the rear seats. This stuff is supposed to be very easy to work with so after removing my old carpet, I'll lay it on top and trim it accordingly. If anyone wants the link to where I bought it, pm me.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bdrussell
Foil Mod? you talking the ?mat stuff. I was thinking about doing that, but if it matters little, I'll skip the time and $.

And yep I dropped by an upholstery shop friend on Friday, he is going to price me some carpet and order extra to make the back half bound and matched. He told me the dye doesn't work well.
it does matter little but you WILL hear a difference.

i bought the foil with adhesive back from lowes plumbing area. i think they come in 12"x10' rolls. it's just 1/4" foam with aluminum, not heavy at all.

this mod helps much better with non verts obvioulsy. i think if i added the second layer it would be much more quiet. it acts as an insulator too.

sorry to get off subject. i wonder how black carpet would look like with my tan interior?

Old 07-24-2008, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

it does matter little but you WILL hear a difference.

i bought the foil with adhesive back from lowes plumbing area. i think they come in 12"x10' rolls. it's just 1/4" foam with aluminum, not heavy at all.

this mod helps much better with non verts obvioulsy. i think if i added the second layer it would be much more quiet. it acts as an insulator too.

sorry to get off subject. i wonder how black carpet would look like with my tan interior?
When I am done, I will get you some photos of my interior it's half tan.... I think it will look better with black carpet.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

When I am done, I will get you some photos of my interior it's half tan.... I think it will look better with black carpet.

Yeah it would look better with black carpet. I like the seats.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Actually where'd you get the seats? Did you have them done locally or order the covers from somewhere already made? If it's the later please PM me where you got the from.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

i disagree, like always i'm the odd ball. it looks just right to me.

in my opinion, the black carpet will throw off the ratio and make it look too dark. the tan that is left behind will look out of place. right now you have the right amount of each color.

i would also like to know how you came upon the seats. good job matching the dash color. it looks really good. i wonder why pontiac didn't make such a sporty look as an option.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I searched to find a full legnth aftermarket replacement carpet for my vert, and could not find a full lenght one! So since I already cut my carpet for the cage, I left my stock carpet in.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

i disagree, like always i'm the odd ball. it looks just right to me.

in my opinion, the black carpet will throw off the ratio and make it look too dark. the tan that is left behind will look out of place. right now you have the right amount of each color.

i would also like to know how you came upon the seats. good job matching the dash color. it looks really good. i wonder why pontiac didn't make such a sporty look as an option.
Damn, I hope you're wrong, but you may have a point there. I really am wanting to switch to the black because the tan stains so bad where I am, it doesn't show much in the photo, but the carpet is different tones of tan thanks to the damn red dirt on my property.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn, I hope you're wrong, but you may have a point there. I really am wanting to switch to the black because the tan stains so bad where I am, it doesn't show much in the photo, but the carpet is different tones of tan thanks to the damn red dirt on my property.
So where'd you get the seats?
Old 07-28-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bradl1982
Actually where'd you get the seats? Did you have them done locally or order the covers from somewhere already made? If it's the later please PM me where you got the from.

The covers came for a shop down in LA that must do lots of them. When I was down picking up the car, there were lots of cars on the lot with seat covers like mine. I can pm you the company I would be supprised if they couldn't send you a set of covers...

I get lots of positive comments on the interior, the shop had cars with seats covered like mine with green inserts, red, white, etc... they seem to do them to go with the paint color if you like.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:49 AM
On The Tree

Please PM me the company as well.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

The covers came for a shop down in LA that must do lots of them. When I was down picking up the car, there were lots of cars on the lot with seat covers like mine. I can pm you the company I would be supprised if they couldn't send you a set of covers...

I get lots of positive comments on the interior, the shop had cars with seats covered like mine with green inserts, red, white, etc... they seem to do them to go with the paint color if you like.
I emailed them and haven't heard anything back. Are the seats made out of the same leather as factory or do you notice a difference?

Quick Reply: So anyone find black carpet for their vert they liked?