Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Anyone's front sit higher than your rear(cars we're talking here lol)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone's front sit higher than your rear(cars we're talking here lol)

I always have noticed that it looks like the front of my car sits higher. I know the gap from rear tires to fender is smaller than the front tires to fender. My car came with the slp eibach springs and bilstein shocks. What do you guys think would be the best way to lower my front maybe.75 of an inch to an inch. I'm thinking maybe an adjustable shock would help but not sure it will get the car lowered enough. Thanks for any help guys.
Matt
Old 07-19-2008, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If it wont make you car look like a 4x4 then take some weight out of the rear, then the rear will rise to match the front.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well honestly I like how the back sits since it has the lowered look to it but if all else fails I may go that route.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

To be honest I would just get QA1s for the front, problem solved and they are a hell of alot better setup.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have that problem with my set up. Then i looked under the car and realixed that someone put blue springs on the car and took the OEM springs out. I am in the process of getting the OEM springs on order to hopefully fix my issue.... we'll see i guess.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Camary
I have that problem with my set up. Then i looked under the car and realixed that someone put blue springs on the car and took the OEM springs out. I am in the process of getting the OEM springs on order to hopefully fix my issue.... we'll see i guess.
Check with your slp options, mine are blue too but they are the slp eibach springs that came with it the car. Are your shocks blue and yellow? If so you have the upgraded suspension package that came on some ss models which you prolly already know that but just in case. If you do switch out the springs in the rear let me know how it turns out.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by fastmatt98
Check with your slp options, mine are blue too but they are the slp eibach springs that came with it the car. Are your shocks blue and yellow? If so you have the upgraded suspension package that came on some ss models which you prolly already know that but just in case. If you do switch out the springs in the rear let me know how it turns out.
First off nice ride bro

My car came with the Bilstine performance package but the springs aren't supposed to be blue are they ... yes the shocks are blue and yellow. The springs are supposed to be black IIRC. At least thats how they come here....
http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...d738cbd5ed0493
Old 09-12-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine are a med blue but I'll check on it when I get home to make sure.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Regular

I have the same problem but its because I have a tubular k-member/a-arms on my car. I have bilsteins and maroon eibachs. I never noticed the reverse rake look until I installed the k-member/a-arms.

I have a set of HAL coil-overs I was going to put on my other car, but I may install them on the SS to correct the problem.

The car does hook better the way it is now though, so I may just let it ride.