Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

looks like i'm going fishing this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default looks like i'm going fishing this weekend

This is what i've been waiting for..... hoping to follow out an ENZO or something QUICK...maybe a TT lambo or something.

http://www.palmbeachsupercarweekend.com/

Old 01-20-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Jamie I wish you the best of luck. I'll bet the egos on some of these guys are as big as the universe and when they see/hear your car wanting to race it should be a no brainer. No brainer that is until you hit the gas and show them your tail lights. Be careful though, I don't want to read about you hitting the wall on the highway. Again good luck catching an ENZO or something else.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Videos or ban!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Originally Posted by dixonk
videos or ban!
+1
Old 01-21-2009, 09:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The StormTrooper got hooked up with a new in car surveillance system at PRI, so vids should not be a problem...
Old 01-21-2009, 01:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a good time! Are you going to make the trip to Houston for TX2K9 supra meet in March? Should find LOTS of fun cars to play with there...
Old 01-21-2009, 01:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Photochop
Sounds like a good time! Are you going to make the trip to Houston for TX2K9 supra meet in March? Should find LOTS of fun cars to play with there...
Pretty sure he has plans to hit Texas in the form of the Texas Mile, but that may have to wait for a real bottom end...
Old 01-21-2009, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'll be interested to see how many will run you. A lot of those guys have them as status symbols rarely flog them. Others may look at a C5 the same way I look at somebody with a tricked out Honda; I'm just not going to waste the gas just because he thinks his car is fast.

Good luck, you'll kick a lot of a$$. Maybe make a few $$ too.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Well Jamie I wish you the best of luck. I'll bet the egos on some of these guys are as big as the universe and when they see/hear your car wanting to race it should be a no brainer. No brainer that is until you hit the gas and show them your tail lights. Be careful though, I don't want to read about you hitting the wall on the highway. Again good luck catching an ENZO or something else.

Thanks holmes but, the smacking the wall thing(comment), has me kinda bugged out. Your 2 billion percent correct but,...I don't need to visualize that, more then I already do. No more then you do,..know what I mean, mr.190?

But I will be safe,..thanks bro.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dixonk
Videos or ban!
goprocamera.com has got me covered dawg.

Originally Posted by ls1290
+1

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
The StormTrooper got hooked up with a new in car surveillance system at PRI, so vids should not be a problem...
Hell yes. What a cool little camera this is. I need to spend some more time with it, and figure out the best possible mounting spots. I have a few idea's but, the multiple mounts that it comes with, are rock solid but, the mount PAD would have to be stuck to the car with hardcore two sided tape. I haven't figured out where to do that yet. I'm not worried about removing the tape cause I could just clean it off. Probably somewhere on the glass.

I would use the suction piece but, it's rated @ 150mph. Not that I plan to race or whatever at those speeds.....so calm down everyone(in general)...but, the car does accelerate pretty hardcore...so, I could reach that limit quick,..and possibly loose the camera. So, I have some practie to do. Maybe i'll start by recording my ride to work in the morning.

Originally Posted by Photochop

Would love to do something like that man. Maybe one of these days. Like Mike said,...I would really like to have the car setup for the standing mile. Trying now, to figure out weight steel vs aluminum,...in my head as I type this, so we can figure out what the car needs to go XXX mph.

I don't know yet. But...anyways,..thanks man. I'm looking forward to some good runs.

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Pretty sure he has plans to hit Texas in the form of the Texas Mile, but that may have to wait for a real bottom end...
Hell yes.

But, Just left stacy and her girl,...hopped on the highway,...car felt weird...somewhat lack of power,...gave it some loaded throttle...and yup, sure enough, i'm down atleast one cylinder by feel. And speaking of feel. Holy solid motor mounts batman. Shitfucker. You seriously feel the miss. Come to think of it, before I got on the highway, and felt the LACK of power, it felt rougher at the stop light,..vibrated more.

So, I grabbed my predator,...and sure as ****, right as I almost plugged it in, my CHECK ENGINE light started to flash,...which is an easy telltale sign that I developed a missfire. Anyways, continued to plug it in,...few seconds later, i'm looking at the real time misfire data,...which showed on a few cylinders. 4 in total that had multiples,...on two, that had instant throttle/load miss's.

Anyways,...to the deathstar tomorrow to figure this stupid ***** out.

(i didn't mean that,...she's an angel)

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
I'll be interested to see how many will run you. A lot of those guys have them as status symbols rarely flog them. Others may look at a C5 the same way I look at somebody with a tricked out Honda; I'm just not going to waste the gas just because he thinks his car is fast.

Good luck, you'll kick a lot of a$$. Maybe make a few $$ too.

I'm very curious myself man. Ya know, some of those people won't even look at you. I know. Sucks that alot of them are douches. I don't expect everyone to race, and I wouldn't force anyone to.

But.....for all the douches,...I have raced a good amount of,..."supercars".

Let me think. I got my *** kicked by a VT(viscious traction) all wheel drive anniversery Diablo years ago in my Cobra from a dig. I also got my *** kicked my a 360 modena, in that same cobra. All I remember about that is my girlfriend at the time was saying.."omg...it sounds like it's screaming"

Still hear that sound in my ears.

Then, I got the vette, and slowly started to take over the world(in my own fucked up head ofcourse). Atleast the exotics. I'll never forget my first GOOD race between a lifelong dream car, like the Yellow Diablo that I ran into when I was cam only and boltons. It was the coolest race, in the entire world. No bs,..complete storyline, picture perfect senerio,...it was awesome. That race went to 170.

Then, lets count the other, 6 Gallardo's that I have run against,...when I was at all different stages in this car. My biggest regret is, I never really had a chance to spray against anyone.

Anyways, the point of all my rambling is,....believe it or not, they do race. Cause, in the end, they're just like us,.......or, atleast human.

But, for the record, I did join LAMBOPOWER.com..... and ,...well, they didn't like me one bit. I was booted in minutes,.... merely cause they had nothing for me,.....verbal, or actual. Just like RAGTOP99 mentioned,...they feel there stauts symbols,..make them kinda godlike,....which means there **** don't stink,..and they don't care to race a POS corvette....

So.. we'll see... gotta figure out the misfire issue first.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
goprocamera.com has got me covered dawg.

But, Just left stacy and her girl,...hopped on the highway,...car felt weird..somewhat lack of power,...gave it some loaded throttle...and yup, sure enough, i'm down atleast one cylinder by feel. And speaking of feel. Holy solid motor mounts batman. Shitfucker. You seriously feel the miss. Come to think of it, before I got on the highway, and felt the LACK of power, it felt rougher at the stop light,..vibrated more.

So, I grabbed my predator,...and sure as ****, right as I almost plugged it in, my CHECK ENGINE light started to flash,...which is an easy telltale sign that I developed a missfire. Anyways, continued to plug it in,...few seconds later, i'm looking at the real time misfire data,...which showed on a few cylinders. 4 in total that had multiples,...on two, that had instant throttle/load miss's.

Anyways,...to the deathstar tomorrow to figure this stupid ***** out.

(i didn't mean that,...she's an angel)

LOL, blinking CEL?
Rough Idle?
Misfires....what would I know about that? LOL.

Better check them Valve Springs buddy.....just DO NOT call Ceasar to borrow anything!!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Actually,..I tested the car today. Logged data, zero mifires. The engine is fine. Took off the inspection plate on the bellhousing,..founding that the EXOSKEL was great.... then figured maybe the driveshaft couplers.... then I got up in the air,..started the carm went through the gears while it was in the air, and my budy Brandon saw that the drivers side axle, had a serious wobble to it. So, I guess I ruined an axle.

So,..the car is down, again. Atleast for any type of load style driving. Only nursing it. Looks like i'll miss the supercar event, again.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually,..I tested the car today. Logged data, zero mifires. The engine is fine. Took off the inspection plate on the bellhousing,..founding that the EXOSKEL was great.... then figured maybe the driveshaft couplers.... then I got up in the air,..started the carm went through the gears while it was in the air, and my budy Brandon saw that the drivers side axle, had a serious wobble to it. So, I guess I ruined an axle.

So,..the car is down, again. Atleast for any type of load style driving. Only nursing it. Looks like i'll miss the supercar event, again.
Damn Jamie, I wanted to see some of those videos. I guess them solid mounts that I sent you really bring out any vibration problems.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah man,....ANY vibration problems. I've been paying more attention to the car. It's not "bad" or anything like that. It probably isn't for "everyone" either.

I noticed that,..my HUD is vibrating under load. Now,...I THINK it's cause of the axle,...but,..i'll see, once I replace the axle.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well Jamie its better to find it now then under full load during a race. Might've saved you some major grief. I am just thankful you found it before you got hurt, or the car got messed up. If your axel let go under a WOT pull what kind of carnage could you expect ?? Again glad you found it and can fix it. Cars are easier to fix then people.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks Doug.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah man,....ANY vibration problems. I've been paying more attention to the car. It's not "bad" or anything like that. It probably isn't for "everyone" either.

I noticed that,..my HUD is vibrating under load. Now,...I THINK it's cause of the axle,...but,..i'll see, once I replace the axle.
What really sucks is that I just sold a set of them shipped for $120.00 shipped.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:10 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

****-i just got back from FL. if i new about the show i would of stayed. if u dont find any cars to race just head down to south beach. always big dollar cars on the streets.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlownVette 2001
What really sucks is that I just sold a set of them shipped for $120.00 shipped.
Yeah that really blows.

Originally Posted by pdd
****-i just got back from FL. if i new about the show i would of stayed. if u dont find any cars to race just head down to south beach. always big dollar cars on the streets.

True true. Very easy to find anything I want down there to race. Problem is, if I go to South bitch in my car, i'll get pulled over for sure. They can be big pinga's.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:49 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I will admit that I only purchase my cars as status symbols, and that I never ever race them. Boo on you for wanting to race a performance car!

Quick Reply: looks like i'm going fishing this weekend