Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

My FRC Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 11:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very cool project and congrats on getting it wrapped up.

I'm not a fan of C6 wheels and like the Z06 wheels better myself. I think with the color you need to do the wheels in black or some sort of dark color.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Larry @ AMS
very cool project and congrats on getting it wrapped up.

I'm not a fan of C6 wheels and like the Z06 wheels better myself. I think with the color you need to do the wheels in black or some sort of dark color.
Pictures do not do hyperblack wheels justice at all. Since they are a black base coat with a chrome powder coat, they get a lot of low lights and look darker at different angles. I have had so many people tell me they are the "perfect" wheel for the car. I didn't want to go monochromatic, since everyone does with this color. The wheels have a dull luster that accents the paint, brushed stainless screws, and headlight covers. I thank you for your kind words and opinion tho
Old 09-13-2011, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

SHE'S LEGLE!!!
I got her legle on Thursday, and have put about 400 miles on her. The interior still needs work, but it's so awsome! She runs smooth and strong!

SCM_Crash - I love the seats they really hold you in and are surprisingly comfortable for a firm seat. I commute 45min to work, and feel like I can go hours. I recommend them highly.

Also, I have had 6 (and counting) Batmobile comments. Here are a couple pics:

This one is all cleaned up after a bath

My cousin says the wheels look better when they have brake dust on them. They look more gunmetal that way. I like how they look a little different all the time.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome! That's what I wanted to know. I'm hoping someone with A4s will be in the area at some point that might let me sit in them to see. They seem to be the only good option for C5s and C6s without spending $1800 for the set. (Corvette tax. )

She's looking good! You going to paint a cover over the top of the headlights?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Awesome! That's what I wanted to know. I'm hoping someone with A4s will be in the area at some point that might let me sit in them to see. They seem to be the only good option for C5s and C6s without spending $1800 for the set. (Corvette tax. )

She's looking good! You going to paint a cover over the top of the headlights?
No, I got the frosted bulbs, so its not required. I am leaving how she looks "indefinitely" lol. Yah the corvette tax sux brah!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

amazing effort. Thanks for posting up the photos.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:02 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice effort.

I also am not a fan of the C6 wheels. I think the car would have looked better with the Z06 wheels that were on it, or something that didn't look like a stock C6 wheel regardless of color or finish. With the flat black color, you really need the license plate cover as the hole in the front really draws your eye to that area.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by J-Rod
Nice effort.

I also am not a fan of the C6 wheels. I think the car would have looked better with the Z06 wheels that were on it, or something that didn't look like a stock C6 wheel regardless of color or finish. With the flat black color, you really need the license plate cover as the hole in the front really draws your eye to that area.
I put the front license plate on her. I disagree about the wheels, I really like the design of the early c6 wheels. I am not the biggest fan of split spokes, but thanks for your input though.

On another note my roomate, and I flew to DC to pick him up a 08 z51 c6, and road tripped it back. We made it back something like 5 minutes or 5 hours early...or something like that lol. Here are the 2 cars in the driveway!

Old 11-28-2011, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys,

Here is a recent update. They are closing our local track, because of rich *******s who built houses close to it. A couple of them are politicians as well. Anyway, we took our cars to the track for one last hurrah! I ran a 12.97 @ 110mph, and I was deep staged on street radials. I figure she is good for about a 12.7 or so without being deep staged. If I only had another pass or 2...Also, I've beat a C6 with her. I can hook her up pretty good, and it's all me since I am getting abs/tc issues now. It's a shame we can't talk about street racing on this forum. Since, they are closing my local track there won't be much else to do. The closest track now is Topeka which is about 1.5 hrs away.

Here is a pics of our cars at the track. Thats my roomate's white one, and the back end of the red one you can see is my Dad's C6. In case you guys ask, IDK who's the blue one is, but it is a supercharged z06:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is a video of my run. Don't mind the loud annoying truck that I smoked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G82iQ...&feature=feedu

P.S. I put together the drivers side interior, and it looks like I am getting a headliner for Christmas
Old 11-29-2011, 02:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good man, Now you just have to lower it a bit to get rid of that 4x4 look...
Old 11-29-2011, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by breze84
Looking good man, Now you just have to lower it a bit to get rid of that 4x4 look...
No way, I live in Missouri, some of the worst roads in the country. Besides I like being able to get over speed bumps, and in and out of driveways. She is my daily drivers, not my weekend warrior. I think I am going to go with a slightly larger tire next time tho. I have been working on getting her back to factory ride height tho. She was a little off on the front passenger side when I first got her running.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Default c5 headlights

Awesome job on your car. Mine is an 03 in the same situation and I love those hid 's from radioflyer but can't find them anywhere can you give me a link?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Nice job, looked like a ton of work.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by goin4broke
Awesome job on your car. Mine is an 03 in the same situation and I love those hid 's from radioflyer but can't find them anywhere can you give me a link?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-p...group-buy.html
Old 03-13-2012, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

So I was getting close to needing tires, and I found a killer deal on wheels and tires. I bought em, and murdered her out. Big shout out to jabird for working out a great deal with me.
They are 18' TSW Nurburgrings with Nitto NT05 tires. Wow what a difference! They are a nicer ride and way stickier.

Here she is after a bath and the suspension settling down a bit
Old 03-13-2012, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 814 Motorsports
Looking good!!! Come by our shop when you are ready for a dyno tune or add some go fast parts..

Paul.
Where is your shop?
Old 04-21-2012, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Lately, I have just been racking up the miles, but today I gave the inside a good cleaning. I have been wanting to have the dip in the trunk be usable space again, so I moved my sub and faced it into the trunk on the shelf. WOW, I am getting a ton better performance out of it, and I have more trunk space now.

The wire will be moved

This was from the night before, but I really like how it turned out. This is even dirty from getting caught in the rain the night before.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:08 AM
On The Tree

Well as for a update. She has been grounded for a couple weeks now.
I went to renew my plates, after 18k miles that I put on her :gettinit: in a year, and the DMV told me that I never should have been able to license her.
Even though, they gave me the plates in the first place.
They said I have a salvage title and not a prior salvage title.
I have to take her the the HWY patrol and get a 551 inspection.
They soonest appointment that I could get is the 26th of November. Then, I have to send the title to Jefferson City with the forms.
It will probably be next year before I get to have tags again. In the mean time, I just made this chronological pic of the build:

Old 11-14-2012, 07:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Seriously, nice job man.i had radio flyers on my car for one day. Didn't like the fit and finish. The pop ups look more evil.
You should reconsider lowering it. Trust me, hawaii roads are among the worst in the country rated from AAA. My car is slammed, just be careful. Your dads car is nice and low! Same streets rite ?
Again, great job you guys did
Old 11-14-2012, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slammedc5
Seriously, nice job man.i had radio flyers on my car for one day. Didn't like the fit and finish. The pop ups look more evil.
You should reconsider lowering it. Trust me, hawaii roads are among the worst in the country rated from AAA. My car is slammed, just be careful. Your dads car is nice and low! Same streets rite ?
Again, great job you guys did
I really like the idea of fixed headlights but I have yet to see some that look good enough for me to pull the trigger.

I do like the wheels you landed on in that build though. Nice job with saving her!

Quick Reply: My FRC Project