Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

My FRC Project

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: I have been to the Hwy Patrol Vehicle Inspection station twice now. The first time I was short one receipt for my headlights that I produced on my phone but they made me come back (one month later). The second they inspected it and the VIN was installed with the wrong rivets, and did not match the numbers for the door and glove box. Since I don't have info for the the years of the frame and interior, they are making me get a new VIN and title. I have to get the VIN plate out from under the windshield, so it can be destroyed. They they are putting the new one in the back of the driver's door jam by the latch. The title will read "2000 specially constructed vehicle" after this is all said and done.

There is something blocking the mixing door on my driver's side, so it won't blow cold air. While I have the dash out, I am going to have to open the HVAC box as well. Looks like I get to take her apart again.

Before my appointment, I had the dealer a friends works at level her out and lower her a bit. It kind of looks like the back is sitting lower then the front now. I think the front will settle down a bit more after more driving, but that might be awhile. I only got to put about 20 miles to the inspection and home after the adjustment.

I know the pics are dark. I will have to get some better ones in the daylight tomorrow.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:38 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good,one of my dream cars is a white frc with those l5 fenders and some killer wide forged wheels,nice build though,good luck with the inspection those guys can be ******
Old 01-15-2013, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

I got some work done on her tonight. The dash is out, and everything appears to be in working order. I am still trying to figure out if I can get the VIN out without taking out the windshield. There really isn't access to it without cutting away some of the fiberglass. Anyway here are a few pics.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:31 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome now! Wow!

Have you thought about tinted front blinkers? Maybe after the follow-up inspection with the Staties.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Update: I had to put a new windshield in it to get the VIN removed. I am still back and forth with the state. I ended up having to petition (sue the state) my local court for ownership of the frame and body panels. Their lawyer didn't accept the judgement that we drafted, and screwed up the wording in his judgement. We ended up having to draft a ammendment for his mistake, so he would file and fix it (lazy SOB). Now, I am waiting for him to file and fix it with the state, so I can finally get my title printed. SMH
Old 01-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I swear Missouri is so ******* *** backwards. I went to register my wife's new Equinox. Between them trying to find tax reciepts for a vehicle I bought when I lived in IL (IL does not pay yearly personal property taxes), and a person in another county saying "I don't know him" (why the **** would they) about me paying taxes in their city (I never lived there, it was for my wifes vehicle) and the office I was at acted like that was all they could do, lazy *****. Took me three visits before I left with some ******* plates and a title transfer. Next time I am bringing every form for every vehicle I have ever owned. Maybe I can get it done in one visit then.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:55 AM
On The Tree

I got the DR# attached to the car. Now I am just waiting on the title to come in the mail. It's almost over!
Old 03-27-2014, 04:32 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what a headache!! at least it's almost over.

awesome project.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:51 AM
On The Tree

I got my title, and she is legal again. The title is clean now, and reads 2000 SPEC "Specially Constructed Motor Vehicle." It is not a rebuilt "R" or salvage title anymore. It feels good to finally have bot my vehicles legal now. They are for sale now.
Attached Thumbnails My FRC Project-20140228_185829.jpg  
Old 11-02-2014, 03:55 AM
On The Tree

The car is sold

Quick Reply: My FRC Project