Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Couple Questions -- Thinking about looking at this Corvette (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple Questions -- Thinking about looking at this Corvette (Pics)

Been tossing around the idea of buying an 03/04 Z06 with the wife. Just decided to check autotrader, and found this 2004 Z06 with 61k miles.

We were just talking over dinner at Olive Garden, and I said I think I want it to be Silver, my camaro is black and its such a PITA to keep clean, especially living in an apartment (We are moving in June and going to either purchase or rent a house w/ garage), and I saw this on autotrader.

Couple questions

-What wheels are those? I thought I saw a set of CCW's that looked like that? If so, what are they worth?

- How is the rear end in these cars? The first major mod was going to be a MWC 9" for my Camaro, but we got to adding up expenses and she said "Why don't you just buy that Z06 thing your always drooling over?"

- Car has 61k Miles, asking $22,995 -- Haven't spoken with them, so I'm not sure how much they'll come down. What does this sound like?

-I'm going to print the sticky that is things to look out for with C5's, is there anything else I should be aware of?

-I know the pictures aren't much at all, but is there anything aftermarket that anyone can notice? (Besides the tint/wheels)

- Lastly, what should a stock Z06 run in the 1/4?
Old 01-20-2012, 10:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigB02Z28
Been tossing around the idea of buying an 03/04 Z06 with the wife. Just decided to check autotrader, and found this 2004 Z06 with 61k miles.

We were just talking over dinner at Olive Garden, and I said I think I want it to be Silver, my camaro is black and its such a PITA to keep clean, especially living in an apartment (We are moving in June and going to either purchase or rent a house w/ garage), and I saw this on autotrader.

Couple questions

-What wheels are those? I thought I saw a set of CCW's that looked like that? If so, what are they worth?

- How is the rear end in these cars? The first major mod was going to be a MWC 9" for my Camaro, but we got to adding up expenses and she said "Why don't you just buy that Z06 thing your always drooling over?"

- Car has 61k Miles, asking $22,995 -- Haven't spoken with them, so I'm not sure how much they'll come down. What does this sound like?

-I'm going to print the sticky that is things to look out for with C5's, is there anything else I should be aware of?

-I know the pictures aren't much at all, but is there anything aftermarket that anyone can notice? (Besides the tint/wheels)

- Lastly, what should a stock Z06 run in the 1/4?
Wheels are CCW and are worth about 2500 or more.

Rear end's in these cars are not the best, break easy in stock form if abused to hard, there are upgrades just not cheap.

Not a bad price but you could probably get them down, if you ask the forum guys they will tell you to get them down to 12.5 lol In my opinion one of the best cars produced, 04 lightest body styles, great power, easy to increase power ect...and a car is worth what ever you want to pay.

Just normal stuff, ask for any service records, check oil, listen for any noises, rear end leak.

Looks like a different exhaust.

A bone stock Z can run alot of different numbers but is capable of running 11's with a tire, tune and seat time.
Goodluck!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:08 AM
TECH Addict

I say go for it...but shop around and you will find the perfect one
Old 01-21-2012, 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

wheels look like ccws but you can verify when you check it out. price is a little high and dealerships always mark up a car knowing they are going to have to haggle.

catback looks like it is sticking out further than supposed to. might be after market.

The shifter **** is deffinately after market and the shifter stick looks shorter than factory.

Looks like the drivers seat has wear on the far side possibly.

The antenna looks like a shorty or factory shortened.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:15 AM
Staging Lane

OP...i think that 'vette looks great...they are very light, even lighter then the C6Z's...getting an '04 would be better then any previous year...wheels do look like CCW's...try and get them down a little, try talking about any mods and the miles as i'm telling you this from experience , i was a chevy salesman...

not sure about 1/4 times on a car with 61k miles...but i would agree with EVO2LS1 high 11's are attainable, hell just ask RANGER...listen to the engine cold...check inside the dipstick for any contamination...also check inside oil cap, be sure all is dry...i wish you luck, that's a great looking Z06...i'm jealous already...lololol
Old 01-25-2012, 01:33 AM

Looks good
Old 01-25-2012, 04:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Personally, I would look around some more. Open your search to the whole country including the Northeast and see what comes up. If it were me, I would want the car to be stock so that original wheels and the titanium exhaust are on the car but that's just my opinion. Also, look on Corvetteforum and see what they have. I found a killer 04 convertible for a friend of mine that was in Phoenix. He used some frequent flyer miles and went and got the car. It was babied and the previous owner and his wife actually removed their shoes when they got in it. The car was showroom condition and the price was fair.

Here's one I found on a quick look:

04 Z06 Red

Last edited by vettenuts; 01-25-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:50 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah you got to fly/travel for the best deal, whenever i look for a car i set money aside for the trip, yeah for that price im sure you could find a killer z, honest that ride is pretty badass,and i wanna say he is a tech member, i would look for something bone stock if i was looking for one,

Quick Reply: Couple Questions -- Thinking about looking at this Corvette (Pics)