Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

First corvette 01' Z06. Help with mods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First corvette 01' Z06. Help with mods?

Hello all. Relatively new to corvettes been a member here gor a while. My other projects kept me occupied. But when I stumbled upon my C5 Z06 FRC and test drove it I had to have it. It drives, handles, and looks amazing. I notice folks like to tail gate you in these things or else im not use to the rear end being so short. Anyway im looking to do some mods that are tasteful and will benefit the car. It has a full exhaust now. Texas speed 1 3/4 longtubes their X pipe and a borla exhaust system. Sounds amazing. Has a cold air intake setup on it as well, and a b&m short throw. Looking to maybe do a fast intake and a turbo kit for it. Either single or twin setup. Would like to keep power steering and ac if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.huronspeedproducts.com/c5...turbo-kit.html
Old 08-15-2016, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Since you already have long tubes maybe a nice centri blower setup. How much power do you want? You can have a great cruiser with a centri setup that makes more than enough power to take out C7Zs and the like. I love turbo setups but I would love to have a blown C5 again.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:05 PM
Staging Lane

I actually have a brand new NX nitrous kit from my mustang I could throw on for now. All I would need is a plate for the LS intake. I wouldnt mind a blower for it. But hows the stress factor on the front of the crank with a blower setup. It seems the blowers and turbo setups are the same price. $6-$8k Unless I go used. Turbo cars are fun lotta torque. I wouldn't mind 500-600hp. If thats possible out of the LS6 motors. Im not even sure what the limits are of the blocks. What goes/gets broken first? I just get tired of the folks tail gating me. Id like to drop a gear and lose them. Had a pesky Mercedes-Benz tail gate me at a light the other night. Figured I would upset him by not moving. He finally took the hint and backed up and went around me.
Old 08-16-2016, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone recommend the fast 102 intake? Or any fast intake for that matter?
Old 08-17-2016, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For the HP goals you have, your intake is fine. Maybe for a max effort NA build but save that for boost.

I agree turbo is fun, but for some reason they always cost more for me and 600rwhp is a basic D1 kit. I ran one forever and there's not much stress you would have to worry about at that HP. Huron's C5 kit would be sick though but they're asking around $9k for the kit, let alone other things you're going to need. You can sell your headers to help with the purchase, but if you bought the LTs then you'll lose money on them.

The ECS kit is $5500 for a supercharger so you're looking at a $3500 gap retail to retail. $3500 buys a lot of other things like clutch or fuel etc.

Either way I love the C5Z, can't wait to see what you do.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

I will have to look into it. What supercharger kits are out there? Procharger, vortech, ecs, i see a couple of Paxton novis for sale will those fit? I wouldn't mind a procharger kit but the P1 sc series blower seems smaller. Maybe need a better headunit. Like a D1 unit or just go all out and get a F1. I have the nitrous kit ready now though. So maybe use that. But the sound of a blower would be sweet.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go with a A&A kit for centri setup. Every thing else is a big belt shredding mess. I would never turbo a daily driver C5 as there is not much room and too much stuff to burn down.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

No one likes nitrous? This isnt really a daily. Just a weekend/ nice weather only car. The AA kit is nice. Maybe wait until a black friday sale to pick one up and get a better deal.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Quick Reply: First corvette 01' Z06. Help with mods?