Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

All zo6 owners viper alley talkin

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default All zo6 owners viper alley talkin

Look what these guys say about gm over here.. They all seem like idiots with their zo6 bashing... I think they think they have ferrari's http://www.viperalley.com/showflat.p...l/fpart/2/vc/1
Old 12-04-2004, 07:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Gawd, I can't wait for the Z06 to come out and fall short of GM's hype just like they've been doing for 30 years

Thats probably one of the funniest quotes over there. Not to mention the fact that Lutz used to be apart of DC...but how quickly most of those guys seem to forget that.

Im glad to see that JROD was putting forth the most sense out of all those people. Nothing against Viper owners, and im sure most of those guys are probably ex-vette owners, or ex-vette enthusiests but factory vettes arent too far behind factory viper performance with 95/100 less hp, 2 less cylinders and 40-50k less pricetags.

Im a GM and Corvette die hard, but I wouldnt go disgracing GM by saying some of the **** those guys are. Yeah, BFD you got the $ to afford a Viper. Yes, its an insane car in its own right, but it took Chrysler awhile to refine the Viper into what it is today too. Remember, the Z06 hasnt really changed since 02 by suspension and engine standpoints. Its a marketing and engineering marvel to offer the Z06 in its current pricetag for everything you get. Those guys just seem to be like upper class douche's who want to **** on the guy for not owning a Viper, but not all of their cars are 100% Corvette-safe either so it works both ways.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:44 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
Those guys just seem to be like upper class douche's who want to **** on the guy for not owning a Viper, but not all of their cars are 100% Corvette-safe either so it works both ways.
i would luv to race a rich douche like those guys. my junky vette might surprise a few of them
Old 12-04-2004, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah the funny part is how even my car will beat a good percentage of those cars in a straight line and around the corners and brake just as well if not better than especially the pre 03 vipers...They cost too damn much give me a zo6 and have enough money left over to buy a nice winter SUV... I guess they are just in denial of a car that costs less with 100 less hp that hangs just fine. Dont get me wrong I would like a viper but I would just sell it and buy a ZO6 and mod the hell out of it
Old 12-05-2004, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Those guys have issues
Old 12-05-2004, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

my guess is that they have all been smoked by the general a few times
Old 12-06-2004, 02:48 AM
Launching!

****, I would love to have an old school hemi wagon with some big power running tens. Then I would show 'em whats up. They are ridiculous.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:25 AM
On The Tree

i luv viper ... and its just a race car ... in my country viper is a heat car we cant use it in summer ...its so fast car ...so i blown my vett too to kick all viper *** ;0 (( VIPER MY BEST ENEMEY IN STREET ))
Old 12-06-2004, 08:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

My license plate isnt going to say ANTIVNM for no reason. Some of these guys are morons. I belong to a car club and we have a local webpage for maryland, dc, Nova people. One of the people who post is a viper owner. He is a joke. We all went out to eat he starst telling us a corvette is a daily driver car. Not refined not fast and has no potential. Then he starts swinging his nuts talking up the viper.

I call him out on it and tell him to line it up next to me for a small sum of money. He declined and told me his car is stock and isnt that fast. From that point on I lost respect for him and so did a couple other guys.

Last edited by Crypt keeper; 12-06-2004 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:48 PM
Launching!

Come on guys lets give those viper guys a break. I mean they did buy a dodge . But we cant blame them for not knowing whats good for them. Im 18 and could never afford a viper how many 18 year olds do you know own a viper, prolly none. As for 18 year old vette owners i know atleast 2 on this board. If you ask me they arent that fast, they sound like ****, they ride like **** wait they are ****. Lets see what the viper boys have to say about this now. Someone should post this thread over there.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:06 PM
TECH Junkie

I wouldnt say the Viper is ****. Its not the most refined vehicle for the price, but its defaintly a beast when it comes to performance. Ive never ridden in one, so i cant quite comment on that but the V10 does sound funky as hell.

And hell, im almost 22 and cant afford either vehicle. I'd love to have either one, and if both were side by side I'd probably choose the Viper (if I wasnt paying for it). But the Corvette while not perfect, is defaintly one of the best all around sports cars for your dollar. And the Z06 just ups the antie. Both cars have their ups and downs, but those guys just seem to have an inferiority complex about the Z06 vs their overgrown garter snakes.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:27 PM
TECH Regular

There is one thing a Viper will never have over a vette, tradition. The other thing is, my vette doesn't look like a giant clown shoe.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ArKay99
The other thing is, my vette doesn't look like a giant clown shoe.
The viper looks much better than a clown shoe, LOL.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Launching!

not really
Old 12-08-2004, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

hahahaha
Old 12-08-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ken G
The viper looks much better than a clown shoe, LOL.

Hey man, how did you get those vette wheels on that viper? Besides, that's not a clown shoe, that's an Oxford.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1,051 Likes on 747 Posts

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
I wouldnt say the Viper is ****. Its not the most refined vehicle for the price, but its defaintly a beast when it comes to performance. Ive never ridden in one, so i cant quite comment on that but the V10 does sound funky as hell.

And hell, im almost 22 and cant afford either vehicle. I'd love to have either one, and if both were side by side I'd probably choose the Viper (if I wasnt paying for it). But the Corvette while not perfect, is defaintly one of the best all around sports cars for your dollar. And the Z06 just ups the antie. Both cars have their ups and downs, but those guys just seem to have an inferiority complex about the Z06 vs their overgrown garter snakes.
I gotta agree I'd never say the Viper's ****. In fact, when the new Z-06 arrives shortly after the new year, I'm sure all Viper owners will agree-that they too won't be able to say the viper is ****. In fact, after a new Z-06 hits third or fourth gear while racing one, the Viper guys will all agree the Viper isn't ****!! And THAT sound- A guy at work has the V-10 Ram truck. He actually wasted the money to install headers and a free flow muffler/cat back. He told me "I was tryin' to get it to sound nicer ( ) and pick up a little power, too. I got half of my goal, but the other half is going to be impossible ." I have never heard a nastier exhaust tone than this truck has. If the Viper sounds like this, wow. I coulda had a V-8!! Oh well, at least ya' can't hear it at 110 mph when it's behind ya'!
Old 12-09-2004, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PurpleHaze98
Come on guys lets give those viper guys a break. I mean they did buy a dodge . But we cant blame them for not knowing whats good for them. Im 18 and could never afford a viper how many 18 year olds do you know own a viper, prolly none. As for 18 year old vette owners i know atleast 2 on this board. If you ask me they arent that fast, they sound like ****, they ride like **** wait they are ****. Lets see what the viper boys have to say about this now. Someone should post this thread over there.
I actually met a teenager who had a modded Viper... I also saw 2 teenager's driving a 911 Turbo and 355 Spider!! Damn North Shore! I'll stick with my Pontiac...
Old 12-10-2004, 12:21 AM
FormerVendor

damn i would love a chance to race a teenager's and his modded viper...just to see his face when my automatic 98 TA is walkin by his 6speed $viper$...i can picture him bangin those gears and then slouch into his seat with a sigh of defeat
Old 12-10-2004, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

us trolling over there is like them trolling over here. we don't like it and nor do they. we talk ALOT of smack about other cars all the time. look at it from the other side of the fence

Quick Reply: All zo6 owners viper alley talkin