Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C6 Nitrous Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Nitrous Install

Made a switch panel today and installed it. I'm doing a "hidden, out of the way more like it" system, so kept the switches out of the way in the center console. Not wired yet, just placed in. It's ABS plastic covered in black felt like on the bottom of the console. Hope to get the bottle filled tomorrow and get it all done on Sunday.

Edited to remove pic.

Last edited by BigRon77; 09-13-2006 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

Looks clean and stealthy. Still trying to decide whether or not to install mine. What size shot are you planning on running?
Old 09-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by will82
Looks clean and stealthy. Still trying to decide whether or not to install mine. What size shot are you planning on running?
Thanks. I'm already running pretty hot, so I'm going to run a 1-125 dry shot to start. If I do the forged 403 next year, then I'll go dual stage 200 wet and 50 dry.

Started to do the ash tray install, but this was just easier and completely out of the way!
Old 09-08-2006, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

nice!!!!! e/t ?
Old 09-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Only e/t yet is the estimated time I'll have the nitrous installed

I just got all the motor work done about 3 weeks ago and have barely been able to drive it. Now I'm on the nitrous install and no time to drive it again!!! Sooner or later, I'm getting it to a track! I think I'm going to rent a track for the day with some friends so I don't get tossed for no roll cage after the first run!
Old 09-08-2006, 10:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very hot car. Those wheels set your car off. I'm very impressed.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by charlie c5
Very hot car. Those wheels set your car off. I'm very impressed.
Thanks man. Everbody on the Corvette Forum hated them. I wasn't sure, but they are starting to look really good to me...especially in person.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Mock up bottle mount. Will be covered by sub enclosure and not visible.

Edited to remove pics.

Last edited by BigRon77; 09-13-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If it's for the stealth look, I understand but...the best way to mount a bottle is longways bro... not sideways. Cause the liquid needs to sink down to the lowest part of the bottle....and when you think about it.....when your on it...it's all gonna be flowing back..where the pick up is inside. Again, your hideing it, cool...don't mean to be a finger pointer G. just sayin...

Nice switches.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
If it's for the stealth look, I understand but...the best way to mount a bottle is longways bro... not sideways. Cause the liquid needs to sink down to the lowest part of the bottle....and when you think about it.....when your on it...it's all gonna be flowing back..where the pick up is inside. Again, your hideing it, cool...don't mean to be a finger pointer G. just sayin...

Nice switches.
No problem. All known quantities. As long as I'm 3+ lbs, no problems. You're right, hiding and optimum use don't always go together!!!

Additional follow up: got the bottle cover made. This isn't exactly hidden, but I could put a couple 8" grilles on the front and it would look like a cheap sub box, and it would pass muster for most. Just ideas, so take what you will, or nothing:

Edited to remove pics.

The top will also fit in the car still. You just have to re-latch the center latch once off the top so it clears the bottle cover.

Those that wish to follow this idea, but new to nitrous should pay attention to V-Tech's post above and know what you're getting into.

Last edited by BigRon77; 09-13-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gotcha bro. The speaker grills would be the ultimate bro. I dig the stealth approach.

Just don't pop the hood.... lol. I don't. But you can see my setup through the windsheild..with the bottles.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Gotcha bro. The speaker grills would be the ultimate bro. I dig the stealth approach.

Just don't pop the hood.... lol. I don't. But you can see my setup through the windsheild..with the bottles.
That's why I'm trying to hide the stuff in the car. My installer has the lines/solenoids completely hidden. He had a car pass tech at a local drag strip twice and they never found the nitrous on the car!

Gotta pick up some grilles to finish it off. Hope it goes together tomorrow!
Old 09-09-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks good, Ron. Personally, I'd leave the tacky grilles off. With the hatch closed it probably doesn't even catch your eye - looks nearly stock I bet.

IMO, bottle pressure is much more important than mounting position, but I digress.

Anxious to see some track times .

Ryan
Old 09-09-2006, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 96-speed
Looks good, Ron. Personally, I'd leave the tacky grilles off. With the hatch closed it probably doesn't even catch your eye - looks nearly stock I bet.

IMO, bottle pressure is much more important than mounting position, but I digress.

Anxious to see some track times .

Ryan
Thanks. If I did the fake grilles, I'd do a professional inset kind of cloth grille...not those $3 strainers!

I'm kind of like you...it doesn't draw your eye to it, and I can always claim down firing subs or something! With the hatch closed, I have the black cargo cover, and it hangs down in the front, so you can't see anything back there (even if the bottle was exposed), but I could take the cover out and if anybody looked through the back (especially with the tint), they would never see it.

I got Dynotune's setup, bottle heater, remote opener, etc., so hopefully I can keep bottle pressure consistent and get the good performance despite the bottle position.

I'm anxious too!! Just got a call, and we're starting tomorrow around lunch to get it all plumbed and wired.

Last edited by BigRon77; 09-13-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Just got it all installed and working. Went with 75bhp (42) jet to start with, 1000psi and holy ****. It pulled hard n/a...now it feels like a jet taking off at DFW airport. Putting it on a dyno next week and see if I can bump up the jet at all.

Install was done by Patrick Sparks and Jon V...totally hidden in the engine bay...would have to know where to look to even have a clue...it's sweet.

I went with the Dynotune TPS/Window switch, spraying 3500-6000 and it's perfect with the shift point and converter.

PM me if you want more details on the install or the installers, who are starting up a new shop.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Launching!

OK. Final pics. Had to bulk up the switch panel for the wiring, so may redo it and move a couple switches around. Also, still have to finish out the fake subwoofer box. Engine bay pics are to show it's hidden, and no sign of nitrous. You would have to have the car on a lift or crawl under the front pretty good to know.

Old 09-16-2006, 03:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice man. This is a Z06 right?
Old 09-16-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Regular

Hey Ron,
Where'd ya get that dealio to hold the MAP in FRONT of the TB? That looks like a good idea. I am always scared that under stress the motor is smacking mine into the fire wall. I do have Lingenfelter's little plate there, but it's still tight.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by charlie c5
Very nice man. This is a Z06 right?

Nope, it's just a 2005 C6...no Z06. It's an auto (A4) with 3200 stall Yank.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AintQik
Hey Ron,
Where'd ya get that dealio to hold the MAP in FRONT of the TB? That looks like a good idea. I am always scared that under stress the motor is smacking mine into the fire wall. I do have Lingenfelter's little plate there, but it's still tight.
That's a good question. It's just how the guys installed it, and I didn't ask...but I can! I believe they do the same with every FAST install.

I'll try to find out and get back to you.

Quick Reply: C6 Nitrous Install