Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Bolt-On C6 spanking an 03 SC COBRA - video!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a guy I know with a Procharger D1SC on his Z06.

Arun's Z06

Last edited by 02ZOh6; 11-07-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ZXMustang
Great post man, and that vette along with yours sound like they are badass. I viewed your pics in your sig, and white is one of the coolest colors on most cars......until you have to drive it and the dirt shows up. My yellow is like that too. Anyway, I hear you about the power to weight and such, and that was my point that fat *** cobras are pretty cool running with vettes. I would love to run that vette to see what happens. Too bad winters here. Bed time for the cobra for sure.

Cool deal man.

Thanks for the compliments on the car(s). the white,....is a bitch to keep clean. When I drive it to and from work everyday, i'll usually end up washing it atleast two times in one week,...just because it gets soo dirty... mostly in the back though. Everyone that see's it says..."oh, white's soooooo easy to keep clean"...."la de dah...look at the pretty butterfly"... HA. makes me wanna kick em.

Winters here?... Nah. I don't what I would do in the winter time if we had your type of weather. I'd probably get some night job and work two jobs soo I could mod the **** outta the thing while it sat. I don't know how you northern guys do it.

Anyways bro....peace out.

J
Old 11-07-2006, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TWS
Nice video. Enjoyed it.

Yeah, the SC on the Cobra sounds really ghey. Not at all like the scream I get from a centrifugal hitting full boost.

Oh, I dunno man. To each his own I guess. I have no problem with the whine from a blower....or the rush of air sound from the centrifugel(almost like a whirling).....or the similar sound from a turbo setup. I'd take anyone of them as long as it did what I needed it to,...efficently...and low intake air temps.

Other then that....theres nothing like the sound of a built motor V8, all motor or better yet....on a hefty shot of spray. You wanna talk about sounding pissed off?... lol. It's like doctor jekyl(or however you spell it) and mr. hyde. Night and day.

Anyways...all that **** sounds crazy. The whine from a roots is fun to scare people with....
Old 11-07-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Id say they cobra fell asleep at the light. You can hear the RPMs come up on the cobra after the vette has like 6 cars on him. Might have been a little closer if the guy new how to drive. But Im glad the vette won....the way it should be. I want one damn it!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:34 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Other then that....theres nothing like the sound of a built motor V8, all motor
I'm with you on that sentence. I loved the sound of my '94's motor: LT4 385 stroker (therefore IRON block) with 11.5:1 compression, a COMP 306 cam, Jet-Hot long tubes, and true duals with an H-pipe, with turndowns on either side of the pumpkin.

I pulled into a local fabricator/welder's shop a few months ago... he is not a total "car guy", most of his work is industrial, etc.... so he is not as jaded as some of us are. He said "wow, that's unreal! That car just sounds really pissed off! Really mean!"

He made my day.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm sure it sounds sick bro.

Quick Reply: Bolt-On C6 spanking an 03 SC COBRA - video!!