Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Anyone ever bought a Vette using GMS discount?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Anyone ever bought a Vette using GMS discount?

I have been saving my pennies up for a C5 Z06, but for some reason I looked up the cost of a base (1LT) C6 w/ Z51 option, and it's only like $43.5k with the GMS discount. So I'm wondering two things...

1. Has anyone ever bought a Corvette using the GM Supplier discount?

2. Assuming a quality C5 Z is $30-35k, would I be stupid for not just buying a
C6 Z51 at this price, if I can get it, and I can afford it?

Opinions valued, especially from those who have driven both. I've had about 2 min of time behind the wheel of a C6, and never even sat in a C5.

Last edited by kerryt1; 09-22-2006 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have not bought a vette, but I bought my truck with it. It's all the same. Pick out the car you want. Then just tell them you have the GMS discount (make sure to know if it is GMS or GMSD...there is a difference). When you go to actually purchase it, they will ask for your Auth# from GM and SS# I believe. On mine, they never ran it because I got an E-mail from GM reminding me to use it before it expired in 90 days. I just gave it to a friend to use when he bought a new truck too.

Its nice because you get a good price without having to screw with the salesman too much (I can't stand them).
Old 09-22-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

I tried and they would not let me use it on the Vette. That is supposed to be a bunch of crap but I got sick and tired of arguing. The dealer said Vettes do not apply for the discount.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Default Go with the C6

You get a 100000 mile warranty. Go to this website forum and poke around:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zeromain

There are two dealers that sponsor the forum (les stanford and Kerbeck) that will take the GMS or GMID discounts; or they sell the vettes low to begin with. Either of them will get you in the base c6 for close to 41000 I believe. They are out of state dealers, but they can do a courtesy delivery to your local dealer, and they will handle all of the paperwork for that. People on the corvette forum buy from those guys all the time, and they get lots of positive feedback. Check it out, you can definately get into a new vette for 6-7 grand less than MSRP there. Also, I think there is a dealer in Dallas that takes GMS\GMID and heavy discounts also, just post the question in the genereal discussion of the Corvette forum. Use that forum for the questions and you will be happily suprised with the results. However, I think GM is phasing out the GMS\GMID discounts so don't wait too long.

Here's some more links to these dealer's ads\sites. I think the catch is you must order through the contact person from the dealerships that posts to the corvette forum;

http://www.corvettesbyrickdaniel.com/

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1505044

Good luck, and have fun.

Chris.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

I used it on my 01' Z06. Some Dealers say it's no available on vettes and there full of $hit. If they honor gms on any vehicle there obligated to offer it on all models. www.kerbeck.com
Old 09-23-2006, 09:40 AM
TECH Regular

Yes I used it to buy my 03 Zo6
Old 09-23-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Regular

it's available on all c6 corvettes except Z06 (damn! ). if some dealer tells you it's not, please tell GM about it so they can kick the dealer in the ***.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AintQik
I tried and they would not let me use it on the Vette. That is supposed to be a bunch of crap but I got sick and tired of arguing. The dealer said Vettes do not apply for the discount.
They are full of it.. They just wanted to make more money. Like others mentioned, there are dealers that accept it. I priced a new Z06 with it, and it was a substantial discount.. Obviously, you won't find a dealer that will sell a new Z06 for the GMS price, since they sell all day for MSRP or several thousand above.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

I used it to by my ZO6, the thing is everywhere around here(Michigan) always advertises the GM discount price. Most of them are really up on all the discounts that are offered at the time too.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:22 AM
Launching!

A dealer called me last week wanting me to trade. I told him, only if he would give me GMS pricing. His reply was YES!

But he'll get me on the trade of the 2005 so it really is mute.

I have noticed a lot of Vettes sitting right now at area dealers here in KC! A quick look at www.gmbuypower.com (which shows inventory & Corvettes enroute) shows a lot of Corvettes within 250 miles of KC! I would say at least 50 more then normal! I think the dealers are fat on inventory right now.

Considering all the trucks and SUVs they have I think they would get aggressive, as it IS A BUYERS MARKET right now!
Old 09-27-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the responses, guys. I can't buy for a few months yet, but I'm chomping at the bit. I'm also a little worried, because I heard that GM is changing the supplier discount program at the end of this month...
Old 09-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Launching!

Taking GMS or GMSD is up to the individual dealer. It is an optional program, not mandatory. I do know of at least one dealer in Dallas that will take it (PM if you want the name). Dealers not taking it now on Vettes are just nuts. Back in '04-5 when they first came out...I understand. Now, they're everywhere.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever bought a Vette using GMS discount?