C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Whats Up with Corvette Owners..

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:41 PM
MJD
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vetred
you want shine go to the forum you want Mod your moter and make HORSE POWER,.. its right HEAR!!! Just READ the threads!! What is exactly your point any way?? I forgot.
I won't argue that this is a good site for internal engine performace and that is the main reason I joined. But for anything else regarding a corvette forget about it. As far as I'm concerned this is primarily an F-body site, just read the threads . If I want to read about FI, suspension, and installation of parts as it pertains to a vette this is not the place. Over there I can ask actual vette owners and tuners and get their input. The point I'm trying to make is there is much more to the vette forum than just show and shine. The folks that I have ACTUALLY MET from there do know a thing or two and have some impressive rides. If you don't believe me come to the cruise in this year. A lot of very fast cars that also happen to be shiny.

Last edited by MJD; 02-26-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

GET OVER IT!!! WE have one of the most active CORVETTE groups in the country,.........(when its not raining) You do not even stand next to robert56 when he lets her go,... and your point is simply hopeless!!! More corvette guys are into the performance "arts"????? NNNNNNNNNOT! OR is it that the younger F-Body guys (@"SOME 20+ KID") dont know what they are talking about??? TOOO broad of a statment sir. you want shine go to the forum you want Mod your moter and make HORSE POWER,.. its right HEAR!!! Just READ the threads!! What is exactly your point any way?? I forgot.

Ummm, medication much?
Old 02-27-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
Ummm, medication much?
Oh ya arnt you the guy that "wants a viper"????
Old 02-27-2007, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
I don't see many extreme Corvettes though. I see a lot of ultra modified F-Bodies, but almost no super modified Corvette's outside of the significantly older ones.
Check out the c5 forced induction section of corvetteforum.
Plenty of whackos with outrageous rides.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BitViper
This is kind of a blanket statement so If I offend...tough..

Ive been a member of this board and a few other LS1 type boards for a out five years, I just sold my 02 Camaro and bought a 04 Z06...and while the Fbody community has its share of "Know It All's" and knuckleheads, I haven't run across one that I would call "snooty"...except aginst "Ricers"....but hey you gott draw the line someplace

Ive been spending more time over on some of the Corvette forums lately a Ive noticed that they (Not all but a bunch) seem to be very eliteist and no where as knowledgeable as the average Fbody owner is.

Ive been sent PMs telling me Ive spelled the name wrong...and just because Im a new owner I dont know everything..cant still figure that one out..I know I dont know much about the Corvette

Is it me or am I just another Corvette owner hater!
This is laughable...
Tell you what! I'm not sure where you live but rather than judge from those "Post ***** extroirdinares" (who's going to correct me on my spelling?)
who have soooo many posts that one wonders how they can ever find the time to drive their cars much less truely appreciate the cars potential...why don't you attend a Corvettes Only Track event(preferably road racing) to truly appreciate the culture? As an example, I attend Spring Mountain Motorsports Park (Nevada) about 2-3 times a year and I've experienced completely the oposite of what has been stated thus far. Their are many wannabees on various forums who live vicariously through the internet...to be blunt, take it to the source and leave the fantasy to those that frequent the keyboard before you judge too harshly!

Ed
Old 02-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Teching In

You'll love this thread:

"Ratio of Wash to Wax"
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1636258

Last edited by BudgetPlan1; 02-28-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

Is it me or am I just another Corvette owner hater!
Hey, dude, this should have a question mark and not an exclamation point.

Brent
Old 02-28-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

WOW,....PERFECT! Leave it to a bunch of typical Corvette owners to PROVE my point! I mean look where you are now! THIS is a format started by a bunch of "F-BODY guys and because the overwhelming majority of them are INclusive they create on their own time and dime a place for FELLOW enthusiasts, a place for the OLDER corvette crowed to participate and boy DO they!!! They come right into their house and start badmouthing everyone who doesnt have a car like them and when that is not enough if WILL graduate on to the way we dress and the way we talk AND you know why?? I still hear all about the fast cars at all these EXCLUSIVE corvette events but not at the public track??? I know this because I go to the track and I don't see any of these posers!! and the few corvette guys that I do see arnt chiming in here! BUT they like me got to know these younger guys who arnt a bunch of know it alls or some rich guy STILL playing with daddy's money!!! I'm fifty two years old and these guys accepted me for a fellow car guy they did NOT hesitate for a single minute to offer advise and anything else that I needed to make passes I will garuentee that if any of the guys who think that these guys are SOOOOO inferior will GO to the track that two things WILL happen they will make NEW friends and make this passion that we ALL share BETTER!!! and as of the end of last year more and more REAL corvette race fans are showing up in numbers not seen sence the late 60s YOU WILL DIG IT THE MOST!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pakisho
Lets see.

Silly colored Sig? Check.
Bullet form list of mostly do-nothing mods? Check.
Whining and complaining? Check.

Yup, youre a typical corvette owner.

Soo harsh.

lol.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You think vette guys are bad(which I will reserve most of my comments about, other then, some are cool, some aren't)..... the LAMBO GUYS are JERKS!!! I was banned in about 2 hours from there site. long story, no need to bring it up, other then they are a "I drive a Lamborgini so my **** doesn't stink crowd". ALthough, i'm sure there is a few cools ones.

There is without a doubt some goofy corvette dudes. You usually see them at local corvette shows. lol(thinking).
Old 02-28-2007, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

I agree with a lot of what Rob@nitrous direct stated. Many more F-bods are turned into drag monsters then vettes b/c a T/A costs less then half the price and is structured better for dragging. While vettes are a more well-rounded car and whos gona turn a 45K car into a dragster.
I also think the best tech info is found on here b/c you pretty much have to rebuild every damn part in an F-bod to pull low track times. Most F-bod owners are young, obsessed with speed, realize the potential and are willing to learn every part of the car that needs to get modded in order to run sick times at the track. Whereas a Zo6 vette comes out of the factory pretty damn fast.

IMO (not saying everyone is like this)
F-body owners = cocky, want to prove they are better
Vette owners = A$$holes, think they are already better
Old 02-28-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

WOW,....PERFECT! Leave it to a bunch of typical Corvette owners to PROVE my point! I mean look where you are now! THIS is a format started by a bunch of "F-BODY guys and because the overwhelming majority of them are INclusive they create on their own time and dime a place for FELLOW enthusiasts, a place for the OLDER corvette crowed to participate and boy DO they!!! They come right into their house and start badmouthing everyone who doesnt have a car like them and when that is not enough if WILL graduate on to the way we dress and the way we talk AND you know why?? I still hear all about the fast cars at all these EXCLUSIVE corvette events but not at the public track??? I know this because I go to the track and I don't see any of these posers!! and the few corvette guys that I do see arnt chiming in here! BUT they like me got to know these younger guys who arnt a bunch of know it alls or some rich guy STILL playing with daddy's money!!! I'm fifty two years old and these guys accepted me for a fellow car guy they did NOT hesitate for a single minute to offer advise and anything else that I needed to make passes I will garuentee that if any of the guys who think that these guys are SOOOOO inferior will GO to the track that two things WILL happen they will make NEW friends and make this passion that we ALL share BETTER!!! and as of the end of last year more and more REAL corvette race fans are showing up in numbers not seen sence the late 60s YOU WILL DIG IT THE MOST!!!

Paragraphs!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's five of your local C5 Vette racers (there are many more), whom show up at the drags mucho. Ages, 2x, 3x,4x x 2, 5x. Two of us belong to NW F-Body car club.
10sec Street/Strip Vettes from the NW
Robert
Old 03-01-2007, 03:55 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Assassin
if you give the wave on the hwy and they dont wave back, give um the single finger salute...
I agree

I post quite a bit over on the CF and have had a hard time getting info out of people at times. Never been hassled, but it just seems like there is alot of people over here that want to put their 2c in, which is fine with me

I've pulled in to local cruize-ins here and have NEVER gotten a warm welcome from very many of the vette people, so I just go hang with the Fbody crowd, doesnt make a **** to me, next time the car rolls it will have 700+rwhp, so we will see if that gets any attention
Old 03-03-2007, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

There are a few of us who come over here for technical info on engines. Many of the guys here are ahead of the curve on engine stuff... compared to what the majority of the guys posting at CF seem to know.

IMO... There seems to be three groups of Vette owners...

1. The wax & shine crowd... they do drive-ins, car shows, dinners, making up prehaps 85-90 %

2. Those who drag race... these guys are heavy into engine mods, probably around 5-6 %... maybe a bit more

3. There are a few who... "track their cars"... the more knowledgable ones tend to be into HPDE & racing on road courses. Surely less than 5 % and probably below 2 % of Corvette owners.

Those in group 3 seem to be the most open... anyone that will take their car (whatever the brand)... put it on a road course and run it hard for ~ 30 minute sessions is welcomed.

Many of the BMW, Porsche and Viper guys fit into the same percentiles... but if you talk to the other car guys who fit into group 3... they... like us... respect anyone who actually... takes it to the track.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:20 AM
TECH Regular

There are ******** in both groups. It depends on what gets your goat and level of toleration LOL!. The average F-body guy definitely knows more mechanically than the average Vette guy for sure, due to demographics of ownership, but yes, there are the others, the Vette owners that have always been gear heads that are just as knowlegeble. The "snooty" ones (Vette owners) are more of something to laugh at, not to be mad at. If you don't get a wave back, who gives a ****. That used to bother me, but over the years I've found that maybe this guy just doesn't have that special Vette or F-body thing that some of us have about the make. Maybe I'm mellowing in my old age lol! Just be curtious and friendly is the best way to go, and like your mother always told you growing up, treat others how you would like to be treated. On the forums you'll always make more friends with sugar than sour grapes. This makes it more enjoyable for everyone.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I always felt people who know how to work on a engine as pretty much being an ******* as well a snotty people.

Sorta like a defense mechanism on both sides.

Mechanic guys are ******** because of the snooty guys and the snooty guys are ******** because of the mechanic type guys.

That's from knowing about 15 mechanic guys in my lifetime.

Yeah I am asking what a cam is, I'm 16 and I know how to do trig and what a QUASAR is. If you don't ask then you will never know, so yeah I'm asking (my grandfather and I YEARS ago).

No I don't know how to change my own brakes or rebuild a rear-end, I do know how to fully rebuild a seismometer though so quit acting like an a-hole (father-in-law). Quit sighing when ever I ask what the hell your asking me to hand you too or what you're talking about. I'm paying you to fix the part so STFU.

Besides being snotty because you can afford a used 1997 C5 is pretty damn lame anyway.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nmp27
I agree

....I've pulled in to local cruize-ins here and have NEVER gotten a warm welcome from very many of the vette people, so I just go hang with the Fbody crowd, doesnt make a **** to me, next time the car rolls it will have 700+rwhp, so we will see if that gets any attention

Actually I went to one this this weekend..had just the opposite happen. Of course it didnt hurt being the only C5 Z06 there that day

It was a meeting of the "Corvettes And Cobra's" interesting dichotomy.

Although all te Cobra guys were silverbacks (older guys) the corvette group was very diverse...a couple of really young guys and a bunch of guys like myself 45-55 ish and a few older guys..

Overall a good group.

This thread has sort of turned into a furball...Initially I wasnt concerned with who was better, smarter etc..It was that I had never experienced so much of the "If you dont buy the best then why drive the car" attitude before.

Things on this and other LS1 boards never seemed to be baised that way.

Last edited by BitViper; 03-05-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Regular

Things on this and other LS1 boards never seemed to be baised that way.
If your not a member already, there is another website, corvetteactioncenter.com It is smaller than corvette forum, I've been a member there for about 8 years. It has more of a welcome feel to it. I've always enjoyed it over there as well.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

This thread has sort of turned into a furball...Initially I wasnt concerned with who was better, smarter etc..It was that I had never experienced so much of the "If you dont buy the best then why drive the car" attitude before.
That reminds me of some of the torque converter threads I read awhile back.

People were religous about which brand they supported. Such and such is slightly cheaper etc, violence, flaming, etc.

Quick Reply: Whats Up with Corvette Owners..