Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Whats Up with Corvette Owners..

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Whats Up with Corvette Owners..

This is kind of a blanket statement so If I offend...tough..

Ive been a member of this board and a few other LS1 type boards for a out five years, I just sold my 02 Camaro and bought a 04 Z06...and while the Fbody community has its share of "Know It All's" and knuckleheads, I haven't run across one that I would call "snooty"...except aginst "Ricers"....but hey you gott draw the line someplace

Ive been spending more time over on some of the Corvette forums lately a Ive noticed that they (Not all but a bunch) seem to be very eliteist and no where as knowledgeable as the average Fbody owner is.

Ive been sent PMs telling me Ive spelled the name wrong...and just because Im a new owner I dont know everything..cant still figure that one out..I know I dont know much about the Corvette

Is it me or am I just another Corvette owner hater!
Old 02-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets see.

Silly colored Sig? Check.
Bullet form list of mostly do-nothing mods? Check.
Whining and complaining? Check.

Yup, youre a typical corvette owner.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Touche!
But the damm car already fast enough..thats why I bought it..I was piling up the bucks in my Camaro trying to build a car that would rival a vette....so I bought the vette and decieded that the only mods I need to do are to make it ..more user friendly
Old 02-20-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by pakisho
Lets see.

Silly colored Sig? Check.
Bullet form list of mostly do-nothing mods? Check.
Whining and complaining? Check.

Yup, youre a typical corvette owner.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say they are a different breed (Fbody/Vette owner). I found that Fbody owners are usually a lot more cocky because they have more to live uo to... being second best. HAHAH! JK. I have had bad dealings with LS1 guys and thy all seem to b Fbody guys that think they know it all... but tend to just talk out of their ***'s most of the time!
Old 02-20-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, lets revue,....not much in the way of a plan with mods,.......an AWFULL lot of finger pointing and if that's not quite enough,......the distinct sound of nasally whinning, AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, yep you've definitely chose wisely! Hey, to begin with, there is a lot more to do with what I AGREE, is a less than perfect group attitude, and it starts with the average AGE of the corvette owners. Not as many young car guys can throw $52k on a hobby!!! and when you go to the track we notice that the F-Body guys are always having more fun!!! However the vet guys are starting to show up in numbers this last year so look for more respect once they see the F-body's "walk the talk" and most corvette owners are MUCH more interested in the mysteries of applying ZANIO in 76 hrs. with at least 10 men and a boy! Ill tell you the same thing that I say over on the corvette forum, "for performance LS1 Tech is where you need to go"!!!

Last edited by vetred; 02-20-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

lmao.... I do notice that most vette owners are sensitive and get butt hurt if you say something they dont agree with, lol, who give a flyin f#$k... just realize they probably wouldnt have your back in a jam, there are some cool people out there but most just so happen to have the same car as you, if you give the wave on the hwy and they dont wave back, give um the single finger salute...
Old 02-20-2007, 08:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BitViper
Ive been spending more time over on some of the Corvette forums lately a Ive noticed that they (Not all but a bunch) seem to be very eliteist and no where as knowledgeable as the average Fbody owner is.
This is likely true.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:46 PM
MJD
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by vetred
!! However the vet guys are starting to show up in numbers this last year so look for more respect once they see the F-body's "walk the talk" and most corvette owners are MUCH more interested in the mysteries of applying ZANIO in 76 hrs. with at least 10 men and a boy! Ill tell you the same thing that I say over on the corvette forum, "for performance LS1 Tech is where you need to go"!!!
I think this is a stereotype. There are a lot that fall in that catagory but I think some of it has to do with how many guys enter car shows with there vettes. Don't kid yourself that the vette guys know nothing about performance. I've been to the corvette forum cruise in at Bowling Green, KY and there was not much talk of zaino. I did however see several cars run in the 9's and a C2 go 10.1 all motor.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

I would have to say you are accurate for the most part although a bit of a misconception. When I was without a young boy and a insanely demanding career all my time was spent on modding camaros and reading/working on them myself and was (Scratch off Ice Age Meltdown Voice) "A hardcore enthusiast"
Now I have the Vette I always wanted and I am adding questions in my freaking signature because I dont have near the time to spend on my once "only/main priority"
These days If I find time to change my own header gaskets/change oil I feel like I accomplished something, which yes I know is very lame but oh well

Anywho.....to sum it up I feel that I am better than you lowly camaro owners.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think the main difference between the fbody and vette owners would be the age difference but I don't agree with fbody guys being more knowledgeable on tech stuff then vette guys just there is a lot more of them. I believe reading through the different posts that the fbody guys tend to be a little more arragant and cocky but this probably has a lot to do with most of them still growing up. Most vette guys work pretty damn hard and don't have time to spend our evenings in the garage working on our own cars so therefore we take it to someone who does. I for example can very well do my own headers, cam, heads, etc. etc. but do I have the time...no not really. Take what you hear on these forums with a grain of salt your not going to agree with everybody and not everybody is going to like you but thats just life. Take the good and throw the bad out and just enjoy your car because thats all that matters.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BitViper
Touche!
But the damm car already fast enough..thats why I bought it..I was piling up the bucks in my Camaro trying to build a car that would rival a vette....so I bought the vette and decieded that the only mods I need to do are to make it ..more user friendly
And quote my self and be totally true....I got it for the cool factor.....

Ive always thought of my Camaro as a Vette simulator..but I gotta fess up to the cool factor..but Ill aways look at Camaros with a smile and a wink
Old 02-21-2007, 05:04 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Generally, I think most people on the internet have the ability of being an ******* when they want to.....self included. Did you get the satin Corvette Jacket yet?
Old 02-21-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've honsetly noticed it too, and chalk it up to those "elitists" being the ones with too much bloody money. The snooty factor goes up in a directly correlated proportion with the amount of money you have, for the most part.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Although I have a vette I usually prefer to hang out with F-body guys. Most "vette guys" annoy me.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
...... Did you get the satin Corvette Jacket yet?
No! I would'nt be caught dead in one of thoes tacky things.....

Ive been looking for a letterman type
Old 02-21-2007, 09:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Vette owners are like every other group, there are clicks. Some like to wax and show their cars, while others like to race them. I don't mind the waxers though, because when I look for a track car, thats the Vette I want to buy. Low mileage, great shape and never been driven hard. F-body guys are definitely more hands on and technically knowledgeable. A lot of teh Vette guys pay someone to do their work. I say hang out with the guys you like and have fun with no matter what they drive, imports included.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

It depends on which forum you go on. Some places are filled with *** holes who really think they are the mayor or something.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:00 AM
11 Second Club

Interesting, I guess it helps I worked my way up over there from the C3 forums. You will find the more knowledgable people are the ones with the older cars over there.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

I've owned numerous vettes over the years and it never fails I run into the upity (sp) vette owners all the time. Guess it comes with the territory though.

Quick Reply: Whats Up with Corvette Owners..