Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Clutch Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 03:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You do indeed get what you pay for - unfortunately because of this, there is a lot of markup in the Corvette Performance Labor market. Since we love Corvettes and enjoy making them faster, we do away with that markup, popularly known as the "Corvette Tax" on labor.

We're extremely experienced with Corvettes and we have done lots of header installs - there is just simply no need to charge those excess prices for these cars.

Check out our complete Corvette Labor List here: http://www.tick-performance.com/vetteprices/
Old 01-25-2008, 07:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99FRC
Got it done here in Dallas for $400.00 worth of labor. Definitely not worth doing it myself for that price!

99 FRC

for $400 I wouldn't bother doing it myself either.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
Its not a hard job at all if you have the right tools and the time. took me about 16 hours the first time I did in on my garage floor with jackstands. Most of that time was spent figuring how to get the input shaft to drop into the pilot bearing, after I discovered a neat little trick it got much quicker.

I've only done it 5 times so far but I have it down to a science now, start to finish it takes me about 6 hours now to replace a clutch in a C5 with LT's. Thats working off jackstands on my garage floor, using a torque wrench on every bolt and lock-tite where applicable. If I had a lift I think I could do it in under 6 hours, it takes me a good 45 minutes to an hour just to get the car in the air high enough and positioned right.

I'll be doing it all over again when the weather breaks but I plan to have someone take photos to document everything so I can put a nice little DIY together.
Boost,
don't tell me your McLeod Twin bit the dust ???????????
Pit
Old 01-25-2008, 08:50 AM
TECH Regular

nope, the blower is coming off in the spring so I'm switching out the twin disc to a lighter single disc for road racing. no need having a clutch that holds 1000wtq when I won't be making half that.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
nope, the blower is coming off in the spring so I'm switching out the twin disc to a lighter single disc for road racing. no need having a clutch that holds 1000wtq when I won't be making half that.
WHeeew, thanks. Mine is already ordered. 3 clutches in 18 months is enough.
Pit
Old 01-25-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

Default labor

Originally Posted by Joey@TickPerf
You do indeed get what you pay for - unfortunately because of this, there is a lot of markup in the Corvette Performance Labor market. Since we love Corvettes and enjoy making them faster, we do away with that markup, popularly known as the "Corvette Tax" on labor.

We're extremely experienced with Corvettes and we have done lots of header installs - there is just simply no need to charge those excess prices for these cars.

Check out our complete Corvette Labor List here: http://www.tick-performance.com/vetteprices/
Dang Joey, wish you wern't so far away on clutch days !!!
Pit-man
Old 01-26-2008, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Joey@TickPerf

man that is awsome wish everyone was this straight