Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

F-body to Vette converts...advise please?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MR.HOPKINS03Z06
Dont ****** Tell Em About Vette Owners!! I Come From A Life Time Of F Bodies!! Thats How I Know These Little Firebirds And Camaros Are Bargain Basement Performance!!they Can Be Made Fast Like Anything But Your Little Dooshbag *** Isnt Gonna Tell Me That A 305 Hp Ls1 Heavy *** F Body Is On Par With Say A 2000 Base C5 At 355hp?!?!?!your In Serious Denial, Its Not That Vette Owners Are Stuck Up Its That We Get Tired Of F Body Owners In Thier Sticker Priced F Bodies At 26k Acting Like They Have Something On A 50 Thousand Dollar Corvette. If People Would Mind Thier ******* Place Than We Would Be Ok!!
So you're tired of being spanked by guys who spent less money than you?
Old 03-02-2008, 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

mr. hopkins, i see your in new york, i welcome you to atco, englishtown or island to see if your almighty 03 z06 can hang?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Launching!

Mr.hopkins what are you trying to say? I have just read your post an no where did it cross my mind that any of that made any sense. What does a price tag have to do with anything? honestly these are two beautiful american cars. The need to bash each other is so immature. Honestly everyone is here to enjoy their american car they love. The type of foolish bashing that you are maing up is the type that should be done to compare an american car to an import ricer. Honestly you are bashing about a car that cost what 20grand more and goes maybe a few tenths quicker in the 1/4 and 0-60. Honestly in the human mind those few tenths of a second dont even register enough to make a difference. Enjoy the car you have, take car of it, sit back in the driver seat with your seat belt on and just relax to that great american V8 performace sound.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

I know for a fact that my auto WS6 was .3 behind my C5 at the track stock for stock. I've been racing at atco for 7 years now and trust me I know what does what. I've seen more than a few M6 vettes go 12.6-12.8 putting them a tick(.3 faster) than the M6 F-body. No where did I include the z06 in my comparison. I've seen them go 11.9-12.3. Stock for stock you can't compare the z06 to an ls1 f-bod. Different motor entirely.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:09 AM
TECH Resident

Old 03-03-2008, 06:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they Can Be Made Fast Like Anything But Your Little Dooshbag *** Isnt Gonna Tell Me That A 305 Hp Ls1 Heavy *** F Body Is On Par With Say A 2000 Base C5 At 355hp?!?!?!your In Serious Denial, Its Not That Vette Owners Are Stuck Up Its That We Get Tired Of F Body Owners In Thier Sticker Priced F Bodies At 26k Acting Like They Have Something On A 50 Thousand Dollar Corvette. If People Would Mind Thier ******* Place Than We Would Be Ok!!
Being a vette owner I'd like to apologize for this idiot's dumb-*** comments. Obviously he's just a newb that doesn't know crap about F-bods or vettes since he claimed one is 305 HP and one is 355. We all know that an M6 F-bod dynoes within 10-20 HP of an M6 vette. As mentioned it's only a few tenths difference stock for stock and the $50K vs. $26K means nothing. Oh and F-bod owners have every right to challenge a vette considering that they're so close performance-wise in stock form. Throw a lid and cutout on that F-bod and it may just beat that stock C5, not to mention it's all up to the drivers too. Mr. Hopkins - you are the stereotypical ******* vette owner. Just STFU and learn a thing or two on here.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:48 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jersey_TA
I know for a fact that my auto WS6 was .3 behind my C5 at the track stock for stock. I've been racing at atco for 7 years now and trust me I know what does what. I've seen more than a few M6 vettes go 12.6-12.8 putting them a tick(.3 faster) than the M6 F-body. No where did I include the z06 in my comparison. I've seen them go 11.9-12.3. Stock for stock you can't compare the z06 to an ls1 f-bod. Different motor entirely.
I agree Rob, but show me where a M6 Fbody would get "smoked" by a A4 C5. I guarantee that if you ran them side by side for 10 runs with good drivers it'd be damn near even for a slight edge to the Fbody.

I still don't see what the big deal is, so a lower priced vehicle can run close to a more expensive one, I don't understand why a certain someone wants to play Keyboard Cowboy over it(then again they can't spell or type so their opinion is pretty much moot).
Old 03-03-2008, 08:19 AM
12 Second Club

Damn! Leave you kids alone on my thread for a few days and look what happens! lol

So, after much consideration and a TON of research, I made my purchase. I am now a Vette owner!
I bought an black, Automatic, 2002 C5.
I know alot of people on here advised AGAINST what I bought(from both the trannsmission selection and lack of Z06), and dont for one second think that I did not take everyone's perspective into consideration! I appreciate EVERYONES help and opinions!
1. I decided on a standard C5 because, for one, I did not want a manual tranny. This car is a DD and I drive 600+miles a week in DFW. Too much traffic to be shifting in stop and go.
2. I wanted a comfrotable ride because I spend so much time in the saddle. Ive heard of Z06s ride being kinda harsh.
3. I have no intentions of hot rodding or racing this car. Z06 would just encourage that and really just be overkill for what I am trying to accomplish.
4. I got a good deal on the car.
5. This car runs great and is CLEAN. Any Z06 in my range was worn out and I didint have the time to sell my car outright and save up for a Z06.

Luckily, I have ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS! I love this car and I look forward to ONE DAY owning a C6 or Z06. Figure this is a good stepping stone!

Thanks for all yalls' help!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frosty
I agree Rob, but show me where a M6 Fbody would get "smoked" by a A4 C5. I guarantee that if you ran them side by side for 10 runs with good drivers it'd be damn near even for a slight edge to the Fbody.
I can't show you because the M6 should win every time with a good driver.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MavrikTA
Damn! Leave you kids alone on my thread for a few days and look what happens! lol

So, after much consideration and a TON of research, I made my purchase. I am now a Vette owner!
I bought an black, Automatic, 2002 C5.
I know alot of people on here advised AGAINST what I bought(from both the trannsmission selection and lack of Z06), and dont for one second think that I did not take everyone's perspective into consideration! I appreciate EVERYONES help and opinions!
1. I decided on a standard C5 because, for one, I did not want a manual tranny. This car is a DD and I drive 600+miles a week in DFW. Too much traffic to be shifting in stop and go.
2. I wanted a comfrotable ride because I spend so much time in the saddle. Ive heard of Z06s ride being kinda harsh.
3. I have no intentions of hot rodding or racing this car. Z06 would just encourage that and really just be overkill for what I am trying to accomplish.
4. I got a good deal on the car.
5. This car runs great and is CLEAN. Any Z06 in my range was worn out and I didint have the time to sell my car outright and save up for a Z06.

Luckily, I have ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS! I love this car and I look forward to ONE DAY owning a C6 or Z06. Figure this is a good stepping stone!

Thanks for all yalls' help!
Congratulations on the purchase. That thing will handle the DD duty like a champ.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Good choice. I made the switch and am now on my second Vette since making the change. Love them both.

And what's with the Vette owner bashing? Get over it! If you live your life a 1/4 mile at at time, don't get a Vette. It's a race car, not a dragster. They may have a similar LS1 engine under the hood in the C5, but that's where the comparison ends. Calling Vette owners "pompous"? Are you kidding? And you wonder why you get treated like **** by Vette owners? If you carry that attitude around me, you bet your *** I'll treat you like ****.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:48 AM
11 Second Club

Dont ****** Tell Em About Vette Owners!! I Come From A Life Time Of F Bodies!! Thats How I Know These Little Firebirds And Camaros Are Bargain Basement Performance!!they Can Be Made Fast Like Anything But Your Little Dooshbag *** Isnt Gonna Tell Me That A 305 Hp Ls1 Heavy *** F Body Is On Par With Say A 2000 Base C5 At 355hp?!?!?!your In Serious Denial, Its Not That Vette Owners Are Stuck Up Its That We Get Tired Of F Body Owners In Thier Sticker Priced F Bodies At 26k Acting Like They Have Something On A 50 Thousand Dollar Corvette. If People Would Mind Thier ******* Place Than We Would Be Ok!!
Race me, i paid $3750 for my little old LT1 Camaro
Old 03-03-2008, 12:33 PM
11 Second Club

CONGRATS MAVRICK!!!!! now you cant hate me quite so much anymore
Old 03-03-2008, 12:49 PM
12 Second Club

LostCause, I can ALWAYS hate you, irregardless!
Old 03-03-2008, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congratulations!!!

pics yet???
Old 03-03-2008, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

Negative. Aint much to see really, just your standard black C5 with Chrome Y2K wheels. But hey, that is the beauty of a Vette, even stock they are SICK! Im sure I will soon, if the weather clears!
Thanks guys! Im excited!
Old 03-03-2008, 01:47 PM
12 Second Club

Congrats on the purchase. I hope you will enjoy the car. Do you ever go to the car shows up in the DFW area.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:56 PM
12 Second Club

No, not really. I went to one at the Stockyards bout 2yrs ago and I went to the SLP thing down at Ennis bout 5yrs ago. I live down in Hillsboro, so its kinda a trip to DFW. However, if anything is going on and I KNOW about it, I would love to go and meet some locals.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:00 PM
12 Second Club

cool I live in the Houston area and my best friend lives in Dallas and I go to some of the shows when I can. I will let you know if there are any and if you can go let me know. He has a Black 99 FRC and I have the pewter targa car. it is always fun to go to shows in packs. Again have a great time in the car.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:20 PM
12 Second Club

Hell yeah! I live right off I35, so I can just catch ya on the fly in route to DFW! Let me know!

Quick Reply: F-body to Vette converts...advise please?