Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

F-body to Vette converts...advise please?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

garrett3 Congrats on the vette! Besides Mr. Spaz-***, everyone gave you good advise. You won't regret the change, but I bet that TA won't be your last f-body.
hmm thats strange i thought i was one of very few people that supported his idea of getting a base C5.................everyone else jsut went and told him to go out and buy a car that he cant afford! like seriously wait to get a car so its something you really want?? lol please........i really wanted a lamborghini but the pocket book said corvette see where i am going with this.......and goddamnit the vettes have 40hp on the vettes according to GM! did i run a handful of cars on the dyno to find out? no GM did that for me! i have however personally drivin and seen vettes running the f bodies.....man i can remember when i had my 99M6 SS a friend of mine had a really nice 99A4 C5 and he would just walk away from me on the thruway, id hang on close til 65ish then he would just keep pulling, hell sometimes i even would get him out of the hole but he would always manage to pull me in, My SS had a borla, power programmer and an aftermarket MAF the vette was stock........i mean what can i say its just my experience.......one of them
Old 03-05-2008, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MR.HOPKINS03Z06
hmm thats strange i thought i was one of very few people that supported his idea of getting a base C5.................everyone else jsut went and told him to go out and buy a car that he cant afford! like seriously wait to get a car so its something you really want?? lol please........i really wanted a lamborghini but the pocket book said corvette see where i am going with this.......and goddamnit the vettes have 40hp on the vettes according to GM! did i run a handful of cars on the dyno to find out? no GM did that for me! i have however personally drivin and seen vettes running the f bodies.....man i can remember when i had my 99M6 SS a friend of mine had a really nice 99A4 C5 and he would just walk away from me on the thruway, id hang on close til 65ish then he would just keep pulling, hell sometimes i even would get him out of the hole but he would always manage to pull me in, My SS had a borla, power programmer and an aftermarket MAF the vette was stock........i mean what can i say its just my experience.......one of them
learn how to drive then or get better mods a power programmer and an aftermarket maf probably hurt your car together...and I guess gm has never under rated a car before.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Banned

learn how to drive then or get better mods a power programmer and an aftermarket maf probably hurt your car together...and I guess gm has never under rated a car before.
hmm kind of hard to **** up at a 55 mph roll, and we should really make it that unless you own a corvette than u shouldnt be in this section of the forum. I dotn give a **** about argueing the point to someone who has acctually driven a vette or any realy world experience with vettes and LS motors but i am not gonna start some dooshbag online fight with a bunch of pist off f body owners who really think they are on the level of a vette.......so please with your ignorant comments post what u drive so i can decide to take u seriously or not lol i mean seriously your gonna pull the underrated motors card again??so lol does anyone realize that corvettes and firebirds have a different LS1??!! possible the vettes where underrated too?? lol or is something JUST with the f bodies lol becouse they are special?? so glad i dont own an f body.........even at my age i still felt like a little punk kid beatin the SS around town or the formula, or the trans am lol or the Z28 haha especially the old Z28
Old 03-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

I'm glad you don't own a F-body too. I think you should do us all a favor, sell the vette, and become a porsche owner. They always think they're better than everyone else bacause of what they drive.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Banned

unfortuneately i cannot afford one................but believe me its going to be in my somewhat near future to park a nice 911 turbo next to my anniversary Z06 thanks for noticing...................and how did i say i was better than anyone else becouse of my car? i didnt mention 1 time what kind of car i even have until just now so its not like i am gloating its just rediculasly funny that everyone pulls the "GM overrated my motor" card and its like WTF??? lol who makes corvette honda?? oooooo thats it, its only the f bodies that are underrated??? lol i dont think so...........
Old 03-05-2008, 06:06 PM
12 Second Club

hmm kind of hard to **** up at a 55 mph roll, and we should really make it that unless you own a corvette than u shouldnt be in this section of the forum. I dotn give a **** about argueing the point to someone who has acctually driven a vette or any realy world experience with vettes and LS motors but i am not gonna start some dooshbag online fight with a bunch of pist off f body owners who really think they are on the level of a vette.......so please with your ignorant comments post what u drive so i can decide to take u seriously or not lol i mean seriously your gonna pull the underrated motors card again??so lol does anyone realize that corvettes and firebirds have a different LS1??!! possible the vettes where underrated too?? lol or is something JUST with the f bodies lol becouse they are special?? so glad i dont own an f body.........even at my age i still felt like a little punk kid beatin the SS around town or the formula, or the trans am lol or the Z28 haha especially the old Z28
Wow you're dense. What he was saying is that A) A power programmer does NOTHING for you and B) Aftermarket MAF's have been known to make you go SLOWER. Christ you're dense.

Also, if you get walked by a stock A4 C5 from a roll when you have a modded M6 Fbody you sir just can't drive. So you're basing all of that "real world experience" on the fact that you're a retard who can't drive? Nice
Old 03-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Banned

ya maybe the PP didnt do anything and the car didnt change a bit when i put the factory maf back on before it was traded in............lol and i hardly doubt its my driving lol hardly hardly doubt it...............there was nothing i could do..........i could rev it out all i want to.......lightning fast shifting with no clutch ride/slip and still midway through 4th just start walking away, a shift into 5th gear made it easier to get a look at his taillights but there was no point in 5th gear over 110 plus in an f body that your gonna pull harder than a vette c5 stock for stock..............but it wasnt my SS my WS6 had the same issues.......not to say they werent fast just not as fast as a vette
Old 03-05-2008, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mr. Hopkins,

You really don't know as much as you think you do about LSx powered vehicles. If you take a stock C5 coupe and a stock Fbody and put them on a dyno, they're going to dyno around the same numbers. The only reason they may be .2 faster in a 1/4 race is because they weigh 200 lbs less, you think 200 lbs over is making the car a pig.

You sound like the stereotypical Corvette owner who thinks they're a god on the road, and a big majority of them that I encounter are old farts in automatics who don't know how to drive worth a ****. You think C5's have more horsepower then a Fbody because of GM's ratings LOL. The fact that you used to own many Fbodys shows how ignorant you really are by what you've said. I plan on getting a Z06 as my next car, there's a reason you see many 2x year olds driving Fbodys and many 5x year olds driving Corvettes.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ls1muscle
Mr. Hopkins,

You really don't know as much as you think you do about LSx powered vehicles. If you take a stock C5 coupe and a stock Fbody and put them on a dyno, they're going to dyno around the same numbers. The only reason they may be .2 faster in a 1/4 race is because they weigh 200 lbs less, you think 200 lbs over is making the car a pig.

You sound like the stereotypical Corvette owner who thinks they're a god on the road, and a big majority of them that I encounter are old farts in automatics who don't know how to drive worth a ****. You think C5's have more horsepower then a Fbody because of GM's ratings LOL. The fact that you used to own many Fbodys shows how ignorant you really are by what you've said. I plan on getting a Z06 as my next car, there's a reason you see many 2x year olds driving Fbodys and many 5x year olds driving Corvettes.
As much of Hopkins is making a pissing contest out of this thread, Ls1 Muscle I agree with your statment. I usually dont get involved in threads as such. But hopkins shut up. Thats your opinion, great.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:20 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

[QUOTE=Ragtop 99;8813333]I'd wait until you have the money for a C6 or C5 Z06. A 2000 C5 still has an interior feel that reminds you of an F-body. Mechanically, it is almost identical to your F-body, so even modding it is not that new an experience.QUOTE]

i have a 2000 vette. you are way off budmy interior 'feel' is nothing like an fbody. Yes the fbody has the same engine, and some dyno more than the vette. but since the vette wieghs less(as we know), its a tad faster, (stock for stock).i want a gt3 to go with the vette

Last edited by pdd; 03-05-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:14 AM
11 Second Club

would you guys all just shut up? lol jesus...

any Fbody owner that cant swallow his pride and admit a vette is a far superior car has a complex just as bad as the elitist vette owners who think they are better than people because they have a "corvette"

quit being a bunch of **** and realize they are both sick cars. Fbodies are good for straight lines and launching. vettes are good for cruising and cornering. they both have their uses and comforts and they are both based on the same engine. who gives a **** about stock form, the only jackasses who keep their cars stock are the elitist ********* who think their cars are perfect from the factory.

Neither cars are perfect, they are ECONOMICAL and efficient to produce. end of story.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol typical f body owners.........
You lost all credibility right there ^.
As if your previous post wasn't embarassing enough... Nobody who has suposedly owned a grip of F-bodys would be so ignorant of their performance and so unabashedly abusive of a car they had previously been proud of. Please stop being a pin-head...you are making the real Corvette owners ashamed for your behavior.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lightbulb

Mr.hopkins03z06 =
Old 03-06-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Doomsday
Mr.hopkins03z06 =
Werd !

Quick Reply: F-body to Vette converts...advise please?