Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Question for myself. PIC'S******

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nimitz87
jamie give me a call so I can stop by and see it bro.

I have some big plans in order for my car.

Chad

Cool deal pimpin. Come by anytime you'd like. Car isn't here though, ...but...hopefully next week it will be come sunday night.

Give me a hollar,....i'm curious about whats next for the TA.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

the video sucks donkey ***....just watched it on quicktime.

video sucks....audio is kinda off,...doesn't sound as good as it does on my phone.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always some waste and extra parts when doing an install of this type.

You need to post a few updated pictures since the video sucks.

Just be patient and stick with it, you'll get her done.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's one hell of an update Jamie. Would've loved to have heard that backfire. Must've been like a cannon going off.

Some pics whenever you get a chance would be nice bro.

So next weekend you'll be taking her from the shop to Diablo Sport ??

Should be a blast going through the process of completely tuning this beast. Can't wait for the next update bro. Later.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

Good to hear Jamie. I hope you get all your parts sooner than you think, so you can enjoy all your hard work.

What kind of power are you wanting or expecting to make with this setup compared to when your FRC was Procharged?
Old 06-27-2008, 05:17 AM
Teching In

Jamie I am sorry I did not get to catch up with you, as me and Chris Grand Opened the new store. I will PM you my number, and When/If you need a hand or whatever give me a ring. Mostly off on Sunday's. Sound's like you are getting really close man. Keep the faith and things will start falling into place.

Cory
Old 06-29-2008, 08:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by nismotuner82
Jamie I am sorry I did not get to catch up with you, as me and Chris Grand Opened the new store. I will PM you my number, and When/If you need a hand or whatever give me a ring. Mostly off on Sunday's. Sound's like you are getting really close man. Keep the faith and things will start falling into place.

Cory

No worries Cory,...just loaded the car up on the trailer...taking her home in a few minutes.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AlexLs1
Good to hear Jamie. I hope you get all your parts sooner than you think, so you can enjoy all your hard work.

What kind of power are you wanting or expecting to make with this setup compared to when your FRC was Procharged?

...no power speculations from me bro. I just want it to run...and not blow up.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
No worries Cory,...just loaded the car up on the trailer...taking her home in a few minutes.
Good to hear you are getting closer. Can't wait to hear about some numbers though. As always good luck Jamie.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Good to hear you are getting closer. Can't wait to hear about some numbers though. As always good luck Jamie.
Thanks man....i've got an update.

here it comes...
Old 06-30-2008, 06:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

UPDATE # 50 billion and 1

Soo....sigh....I drove up north again this past weekend. I communicated alot with my cousin, who was acting as the middle man between the fabricator and myself over the past few days. So, when I arrived, I found my car in the air, with some nice new exhaust pipes held up in place. WOO HOO!!! It looked sexy as hell. After I apporved, he finished all of the welds,...which are flawless. He then lowered the car, and he showed me the charge pipes that he had tacked in place,...I gave him the go ahead.... and presto changeO....i've got a complete hot and cold side now. He did a great job(Attilio@ Double A perf)....and I am more then pleased.

I then went to the stor, bought some 1500 degree paint,...painted my new midpipes,..then wrapped them both...and then coated them both, black. Looks purposeful but, you can decide.

I then loaded the car up,...and trailered her back down here, to lovely south florida, back to my work. I new at the fab shop that I had some sort of weird coolant leak but, couldn't tell from where. Soo,..today, on the lift, I added coolant, briefly started it, and let it run for about 30 seconds,...got out and found coolant emmiting from the front of the engine. Shitdammitmotherfuckerdouchebagslutwhoretrampbeooo otchsuckmydickdikeasstramp!!!

Yeah, I was, and am pissed. Cause that means, most likely that I have to remove at the very least the passenger side turbo, to remove my JACKED up water pump,...which I believe it to be the cause of the leak. Soo,...I am trying to produce a pump from somewhere locally by tomorrow so I can put the car back together.

I stared to remove things tonight but,..after a long weekend, and a long hot day, I actually gave up,...and walked away for the night. Just didn't wanna deal with it at the moment.

Other then that bullshit,...car seems to sound pretty good. I don't like my alternator bracket, as I feel it's not supporting the tension properly. Sucks. But....i'll figure it out. I found a location for my power steering tank soo, i'm content with that nonsense.

That said...cars suck. What a pain in the ***. Oh,..yeah,..i've got to put my interior back together too. wow,..I hate my life at the moment. Hopefully I won't bitch out tomorrow and actually work on it a little more,..and get her done.

Heres' the pic's chico's.

..and you can see here, I started to remove things this evening.... besides that. The car is far from being done.... hoses, wires,...things, all have to be better secured, and checked for clearences....and checked again...and checked again....and checked again.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

today at the shop.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:45 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Whoa Jmaie, you dont give up!

Damn fine job you did just jumping in there like that!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:42 AM
TECH Regular

smart move walking away from the car for the night. nothing worse then working on a car when you're pissed off, just leads to more frustration when things don't go as planed... and they rarely do.

Just keep thinking of how worth it it will be when she's all back together and tearing up the asphalt.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Whoa Jmaie, you dont give up!

Damn fine job you did just jumping in there like that!

Thanks man. I try to be as dedicated as possible. Plus, now the car is on one of my racks,...so it's kinda loosing me money right now. plus i've got the hood off the car and intake parts off, ...I don't want to leave it outside,..so I gotta atleast get it going,..or all holes plugged,..so to speak.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
smart move walking away from the car for the night. nothing worse then working on a car when you're pissed off, just leads to more frustration when things don't go as planed... and they rarely do.

Just keep thinking of how worth it it will be when she's all back together and tearing up the asphalt.

Yeah man. I can't deal with that. The angles where such a pain in the ***,...I was getting agrivated quick at the littlest of things,...so I just took a step back...looked at everything...and said F this....i'm out. I feel better today knowing that I slept on it. Maybe if it slows down this afternoon i'll invest some more time on it while it's still light outside.

Your right,...all the work,..when it's running,...is really soo worth it. Quite a payoff which the pipes are singing!!!

take it easy man.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:46 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks good bro, I likey....

I have your Pred here, all ready to go.
I'm takin off Thursday, I may have to swing by the shop to check the beast out myself.
Let get her done and on the dyno already....I'm predicting 650rwhp on the first hit....
Old 07-01-2008, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Looks good bro, I likey....

I have your Pred here, all ready to go.
I'm takin off Thursday, I may have to swing by the shop to check the beast out myself.
Let get her done and on the dyno already....I'm predicting 650rwhp on the first hit....

Thanks man, I appreciate that. think you'll dig it a little more when you see her in person. Kinda chaotic looking,...atleast to me. Which,..now that I think of it,...i'll start calling the car that. Since, it's been NOTHING BUT **CHAOS** .

Cool deal on the tool,...i'll swing by tonight, or maybe just early tomorrow. I dunno if i'm gonna go to my womans tonight yet or not....

Thursday would be cool for you to stop by. I've gotta cruise up to vero beach on thursday night, and just drop off the trailer at the race COMPOUND. I'll head back early friday morning. I think, i'll have the car started by tomorrow evening, or close.

I'd be content with 650 @ the same boost level, honestly. I know the setup has 4 digit capability but,...i'm not prepaired for that fuel and internal parts wise. My biggest concern now, is making sure my alternator bracket holds up to powershifting.....and that the 38mm wastegates are enough to hold the boost down,....and hopefully keep these big turbo's from wanting to CREEP.

Should be fun....i'm getting excited G. If I had a vagina, it'd be juicy right about now. Possibly dripping. And we all know how much we like the drip.

slosh slosh.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

...oh yes.

Almost forgot. Your brother came by and took some pics.

Also, today on my lunch break, I removed the passenger side turbo,...removed my collant hoses, made a bigger mess,....and removed the water pump. Took me 20 minutes, round trip. I should have a replacement tomorrow.

Then, this evening, I re-installed my entire interior. Which, LOOOOOKS DOPE as hell. Very happy with it. Seat s came out reeeeeeally nice.

Then cleand everything with murphy's oil soap(interior)... soo, everything is ready to rock and roll.

Then, I realized my autometer NEXUS gages weren't working. I checked, TWO blown fuses. I installed one new one, cool, I installed the otherone,...POP.... so, now I have a voltage/ground issue somewhere. It's been soo long, I don't remember what was what but,...i'll figure it out.

Also got in big trouble working on the car today at 11:50am(ten minutes before lunch). About had it out with the whole management crew. Sucked, ...I was and still am pissed about it. whatever. Car will run soon.

See what I mean by CHAOS?
Old 07-02-2008, 01:22 AM
Staging Lane

I was gonna install the left turbo when you were getting goatse'd by your manager:

Made in U.S.A.

335 reasons why the ChaosTrooper will be faster than you:

Quick Reply: Question for myself. PIC'S******