Fastest N/A, Cam Only, all LS engines

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 07:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking to get on the Bolt on F body List with my 98 SS in November I won't take the top spot like I did with my C5 coupe, but I'm going to shoot for top 20 and go from there I believe there will be a new record holder for bolt on LS1 GTOs soon as well
Old 10-30-2014, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSPerformance
He's a legend in my mind
Sorry you had to be a pawn in all of all this but we needed to flush out a mole that we suspected for some time now.
Mission accomplished.

Congrats to you on your cam-only accomplishment. Don't let anyone try and take the credit you deserve.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:32 AM
11 Second Club

This just came in yesterday... Coming for the top 10 soon

Name:  07E59D6F-F4F4-4AF7-971F-6158A8FEF481_zpshmckoynz.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  61.7 KB
Old 10-30-2014, 03:23 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
Makes so much more sense now. Awesome time! Any videos?

For the record, I dont see any reason that BS3 or any other computer would disqualify from this list. EVERYONE on this list has a modified tune, this guy just took it further than most. Does it make more power because of it? **** yeah... if that upsets you, go get a BS3. That being said, the bare heads should be BONE STOCK. Springs, pushrods, lifters, rockers, etc. are all fine with me (and fit the list), but modifying the casting should be considered heads/cam.
BS3 give you the ability to tune each cylinder separate , huge advantage .....
Old 10-30-2014, 03:28 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by GARY2004Z06
Now that's not nice especially when he was extending an olive branch to you. I'm sure that you were very happy to hear that he moved on from Bolt-Ons. That 10.02 was getting too close for comfort. Oh wait, that BS3 made such a huge difference on that Bolt-On setup. Perhaps you may wish to read a little more on the owner/driver/designer of that particular car and past builds before making statements that are deformation of character. Instead you listen to some inbred from who knows where. (I have friends from WV and the stalker is too ignorant to be from there.) You guys want to make me
his car is a far cry from cam only .... i could give a **** less who the owner / driver / designer it is not cam only when you alter the factory cylinder heads in any way shape or forum besides springs and retainers its not cam only anymore this is just a look at me bs postings
Old 10-30-2014, 04:09 PM
11 Second Club

BS3 give you the ability to tune each cylinder separate , huge advantage .....
I'm aware of that, but it does not disqualify him. "All times must be on stock heads, crank, rods and pistons." Says nothing about tuning or aftermarket engine management.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98TADRIVER
Looking to get on the Bolt on F body List with my 98 SS in November I won't take the top spot like I did with my C5 coupe, but I'm going to shoot for top 20 and go from there I believe there will be a new record holder for bolt on LS1 GTOs soon as well
I think you're in the wrong thread
Old 10-30-2014, 04:12 PM
8 Second Club

I'm aware of that, but it does not disqualify him. "All times must be on stock heads, crank, rods and pistons." Says nothing about tuning or aftermarket engine management.
Wich means you need stock valves stock size wich he dosent have
Old 10-30-2014, 04:33 PM
11 Second Club

Wich means you need stock valves stock size wich he dosent have
And if that's the case, I completely agree that he doesn't apply to this list. All I've ever said was the BS3 alone doesn't disqualify him.

Though if the valves were changed to different stock-sized valves, that should be fine in my opinion. As long as you don't modify the stock head casting you should be able to change any part of the valvetrain, per the rules.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:37 PM
8 Second Club

And if that's the case, I completely agree that he doesn't apply to this list. All I've ever said was the BS3 alone doesn't disqualify him.

Though if the valves were changed to different stock-sized valves, that should be fine in my opinion. As long as you don't modify the stock head casting you should be able to change any part of the valvetrain, per the rules.
Wrong that dose not make it cam only then
Old 10-30-2014, 05:06 PM
11 Second Club

Wrong that dose not make it cam only then
How do you figure that? It fits the rules for this list. There is no other guideline for what "cam only" means here. Technically cam only should mean that's the ONLY thing you changed, but that's not reasonable. so there were some guidelines made. And no where does it specify each and every part you can change.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:51 PM
8 Second Club

How do you figure that? It fits the rules for this list. There is no other guideline for what "cam only" means here. Technically cam only should mean that's the ONLY thing you changed, but that's not reasonable. so there were some guidelines made. And no where does it specify each and every part you can change.
you dont have a clue and im not wasting time on you anymore
Old 10-30-2014, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whilst I kind of agree with you, you're not helping your case out at all.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:16 AM
11 Second Club

Wow... I was trying to have a friendly discussion, didn't realize I was wasting your time. I've admired your car/time for a while now and looked forward to chasing your record, now I want to beat it just because you're a ******* douche. Funny how you couldn't dispute anything I said with any facts, still waiting to hear why valves alone don't fit the list... because you didn't have them?
Old 10-31-2014, 08:34 AM
8 Second Club

Wow... I was trying to have a friendly discussion, didn't realize I was wasting your time. I've admired your car/time for a while now and looked forward to chasing your record, now I want to beat it just because you're a ******* douche. Funny how you couldn't dispute anything I said with any facts, still waiting to hear why valves alone don't fit the list... because you didn't have them?
If you change the valaves it's not cam only because they are no what came in the head , there for not a stock head .... Go for the record your not the first or the last chasing it , many have tried and failed good luck
Old 10-31-2014, 09:05 AM
11 Second Club

Everyone's running aftermarket springs too, they are not what came in the stock head. I'm not arguing that changing valves is right, just that the rules don't say anything about it. Not sure why we're arguing about it anyways, nobody is changing to aftermarket stock sized valves.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:07 AM
11 Second Club

BTW just watched the video of your record pass, that thing comes off the line like a ******* monster. I'd have to swap to an auto to have a chance at the record... not sure I can do that.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm lost? Dose vettebot race the car, this is robZ black c5 with a stock ls6? I saw him post 10 places, no info really it went 140 with a stock interinal LS6? Posted that "info" here, but edited the other day it did have a cam in it? But it didn't have stock valves, but dose or could had stock valve springs with a different cam going to change to? (but it was stock cam?) so what valves are in it, changing the valve springs has always been fine. No machine work as always, anywhere.

Why not list the full mod list, not a few parts that are stock, and not say about all the custom stuff. And claim it would run the same after that get brought up. Any pics or vid,?
Old 10-31-2014, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They haven't said a lot about the car, but it does have a cam...

IMO a cam only car would have stock heads other than springs and pushrods. Those are obvious upgrades with a cam. Rockers, IMO are NOT bolt ons.....changing valves is going too far. However I don't have a problem woth another computer as that is technically a bolt on, just because you didn't spring for it doesn't make it illegal.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Guitar
They haven't said a lot about the car, but it does have a cam...

IMO a cam only car would have stock heads other than springs and pushrods. Those are obvious upgrades with a cam. Rockers, IMO are NOT bolt ons.....changing valves is going too far. However I don't have a problem woth another computer as that is technically a bolt on, just because you didn't spring for it doesn't make it illegal.
I agree completely. But the fact is this list doesn't specify any of that.

Quick Reply: Fastest N/A, Cam Only, all LS engines