robz 9.80 @ 140.88mph (1.464) 03 Z06, ls6, m6, 4.10, +1000, 10/24
I never knew big stuff 3 and other internal engine mods are still cam only
Old 10-29-2014, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSPerformance
Maybe your sources are wrong?

BS3 sucks. I'd rather have a stock computer lol.

You know what it takes. You probably also know how it feels when people try and discredit.

Last edited by vetteboy2k; 10-29-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
You trapped 140+ with a bolt on LS6? Am I reading that right?
fixed it. thanks.

I don't have faith that this list will ever be updated so I wasn't too concerned about the format unless someone starts moderating it again.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:01 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by vetteboy2k
fixed it. thanks.

I don't have faith that this list will ever be updated so I wasn't too concerned about the format unless someone starts moderating it again.
I bet money that your not exactly stock , let's pull thoes heads and take some measurements
Old 10-29-2014, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by firehawk 385
He wants you to believe his car ran "Cam Only."
Of course with an untouched LS6 long block, untouched LS6 heads with stock valves, stock valve job, stock computer, no cylinder to cylinder tuning, stock M6 without being faceplated, "gasoline", stock unmachined pistons, stock rod bolts, etc.....

"Cam Only"
A legit "Cam Only" has just a cam/spring change and typical external bolt ons. Tuned on stock PCM and runs on gasoline
Nothing more.

The car you're questioning doesn't have a stock LS6 cam and also isn't following the "Cam Only" format.
I bet money that your not exactly stock , let's pull thoes heads and take some measurements
Based on this, it seems the car fits.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...l#post10624588
"All times must be on stock heads, crank, rods and pistons."
Old 10-29-2014, 12:24 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by GARY2004Z06
Based on this, it seems the car fits.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...l#post10624588
"All times must be on stock heads, crank, rods and pistons."
Stock heads have stock valve and stock valve size
Old 10-29-2014, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know you and why you care so much.
But I'm confident we can get the car to run the same times without flycutting pistons or bs3. In fact I would prefer a smaller/ lower peaking cam which would put me more in the powerband.

I cut a 1.464 on that 9.80 pass. If I ever figure out the launch it's gonna go much quicker. So what's next to complain about?
And my car is not even tuned much. I can tell you mu AFR is in the low 12's
I don't have a 4000 stall converter or a trans brake. My buddy cut a 1.22 60' with a 4000 stall converter in a street car with bone stock suspension.
So I have to overcome those disadvantages.
I can't fit a 30" tire or get a gear ratio greater than 4.10 so ever more of a disadvantage.
And try launching on a c5 rear..........
We can go on and on.
Bot now, at least, you have true facts from the horse's mouth and not some hear say.

We all spend a lot of time and effort to do what we do. I always give credit to people who run fast times because I know how much work goes into it.

People have different opinions of what's cam only. I get that and accept it. I posted in here, without much faith that the list is still alive, because we fit rules stated in this thread.
I don't make the rules or care what they are. I make sure I fit the rules and post my results. And again, it's just some silly internet stuff anyway.
If you ever want to know the truth about stuff then call me directly.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:37 PM
Launching!

It's the CAM ONLY record holder owned by SSPerformance.

I took some time to search out this company after reading their "going out of business thread" and stumbled across this thread.

These douschebags talked all kinds of crap in this thread and fell Over 3 tenths short of this record.....

Now it's apparent that they ripped quite a few people off AND they can't back up their trash talking.

Hopefully in the future people search out ALL posts from Advertisers and NOT just threads they're selling themselves in.
Just reading how they conduct themselves in this thread would've shown how unprofessional they were.

Although I have to laugh at their failures, I feel for those effected financially from them.

BTW....I never realized someone had gone this quick "Cam Only" with an LS1 and that nobody has even come close to challenging it in the past 2 years.

Nice job to the OP and those involved.

It's a c5 ZO6 with roughly 2700# raceweight. LS6 NOT and LS1 and it has a big stuff 3 computer with 8 egt's in the pipes.
Show me where YOUR 9.32 @ 148 is here.....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...-n-any-cu.html

Destroked LS7 with a restricted stock computer and another motor for this spring sounds Incredibly familiar with someone elses car.

Complete coincidece right?
He wants you to believe his car ran "Cam Only."
Of course with an untouched LS6 long block, untouched LS6 heads with stock valves, stock valve job, stock computer, no cylinder to cylinder tuning, stock M6 without being faceplated, "gasoline", stock unmachined pistons, stock rod bolts, etc.....

"Cam Only"
A legit "Cam Only" has just a cam/spring change and typical external bolt ons. Tuned on stock PCM and runs on gasoline
Nothing more.

The car you're questioning doesn't have a stock LS6 cam and also isn't following the "Cam Only" format.
This guy is a stalker. He has posted >10% of the time referencing this car.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Stock heads have stock valve and stock valve size
And stock valve springs.

But it doesn't matter. You ran fast for what you had and so did we and other similar cars.

The launch is holding us back. The performance is not dependent on flycut, bs3, or valvetrain.

The other cam I spec'd out will work better and I could spin to 7000 and make more average power. I could run a near stock valve train (aftermarket springs), have a stronger piston with a little more compression, and put in a stock computer and tune it well.

The car will probably run faster. But those things don't matter. It's not worth changing them out to fit some people's description. I fit the rules in this thread.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:12 PM
8 Second Club

Your car dosent have stock heads there for its not cam only , also bs3 is a huge advantage with being able to tune each cylinder makes big power , nice try tho
Old 10-29-2014, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your car dosent have stock heads there for its not cam only , also bs3 is a huge advantage with being able to tune each cylinder makes big power , nice try tho
Under your definition you're not cam only either.

You really have no clue about my setup or bs3 and how it affects my car. I don't know why you think you do. I don't know you and I'm betting you have never seen my car except on a video loop.
Still not sure why you care so much. I suppose it will only be worse if we go faster?
If a car has bs3 they shouldn't be on the cam only list?
There must be more to the hating.

Last edited by vetteboy2k; 10-29-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:51 PM
8 Second Club

Under your definition you're not cam only either.

You really have no clue about my setup or bs3 and how it affects my car. I don't know why you think you do. I don't know you and I'm betting you have never seen my car except on a video loop.
Still not sure why you care so much. I suppose it will only be worse if we go faster?
There must be more to the hating.

My car was Under my def my car was 100% cam only , stock rods stock pistons not fly cut unlike you , stock head gaskets UNLIKE YOU , Stock heads Unlike you , Stock rockers , Not hating one bit your just a look at me bullshit artist
Old 10-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Teching In

That would be a NO
I gaurantee you picked up 20-30 RWHP with your 8 widebands and cyclinder to cylinder tuning from your Big Stuff 3 that you don't like.

You don't have a legit LS6 "Cam Only" engine.

No LS6 came with valve reliefs.
No LS6 came with hardened rod bolts.

Are the valves and valve job stock the way GM sent those heads down the assembly line?

Last edited by firehawk 385; 10-29-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My car was Under my def my car was 100% cam only , stock rods stock pistons not fly cut unlike you , stock head gaskets UNLIKE YOU , Stock heads Unlike you , Stock rockers , Not hating one bit your just a look at me bullshit artist
Sounds like excuses.

I'm surprised that you would act that way, unless someone is feeding you lies and BS, especially after what you have been through yourself online. I just read your thread for the first time. Apparently you had stuff you didn't want people to know. I would never comment on something or someone I didn't know or know about. Someone not too long ago was telling me a bunch of unknown details about a cam only f-body. I was half listening but I'm now thinking maybe it was your car? Regardless I wouldn't repeat what was said out of respect and because It's just not my place.
And I'm not sure what your MO is and why you think you know me or my car. To make comments about me without knowing me is ignorant.

If the hostility is because of a silly internet list then that's just weak. After all there are 2 separate lists for different types of cars.

So you are still the cam-only top dog as long as you don't scroll down the page to Corvettes.

Your record cam-only time slip looks very similar to my (SI) bolt-on only time slip except you had a better 60' by ~.13 and ran in better air.

There's room for everybody. Accept it.

I'll post again in this section if we go faster as cam-only but once the personal insults start I'm done with the debate.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:23 PM
Teching In

i fit the rules in this thread.
no you don't

Only in your fantasy do you fit this thread
Old 10-29-2014, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Sounds like excuses.

I'm surprised that you would act that way, unless someone is feeding you lies and BS,

Your record cam-only time slip looks very similar to my (SI) bolt-on only time slip except you had a better 60' by ~.13 and ran in better air.
I doubt it's excuses. More like your lies and B/S.

Better air? Since when does air quality effect E85 the same as a gasoline burning engine?

You are B/S from your 1st word to your last.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:43 PM
8 Second Club

no you don't

Only in your fantasy do you fit this thread
He's a legend in his own mind
Old 10-29-2014, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Update.
Stalker has now posted 12.5% against this car.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:29 PM
Launching!

He's a legend in his own mind
Now that's not nice especially when he was extending an olive branch to you. I'm sure that you were very happy to hear that he moved on from Bolt-Ons. That 10.02 was getting too close for comfort. Oh wait, that BS3 made such a huge difference on that Bolt-On setup. Perhaps you may wish to read a little more on the owner/driver/designer of that particular car and past builds before making statements that are deformation of character. Instead you listen to some inbred from who knows where. (I have friends from WV and the stalker is too ignorant to be from there.) You guys want to make me
Old 10-30-2014, 06:42 AM
11 Second Club

fixed it. thanks.

Makes so much more sense now. Awesome time! Any videos?

For the record, I dont see any reason that BS3 or any other computer would disqualify from this list. EVERYONE on this list has a modified tune, this guy just took it further than most. Does it make more power because of it? **** yeah... if that upsets you, go get a BS3. That being said, the bare heads should be BONE STOCK. Springs, pushrods, lifters, rockers, etc. are all fine with me (and fit the list), but modifying the casting should be considered heads/cam.

Quick Reply: Fastest N/A, Cam Only, all LS engines