New Times.. Ms4, PRC, FAST,4k, 410s, etc..

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009 | 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TA1364
Any results from Friday?
that was going to be my next post..

went thursday and picked up the airbag... put it in friday... put air in it before we left... got there.... no air...

bag was busted..

took bump stops out to see if that helped any with a little less tire pressure and actually ran a wors 60ft..

in the process of buying... torque arm, panhard bar, 2 air bags, LCA's.. tired of just spinning..

going back in a few weeks with ^^^ mods and the rev limiter moved up... will post up as usual the times i run then...
Old 04-26-2009 | 08:10 PM
TECH Junkie

So what were your times?
Old 04-26-2009 | 08:13 PM
9 Second Club

Jon since you said you do not like PM's here you go! My responses are in bold for you!!

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
Thanks for the concern.

I am still concerned for you!

I would setup the car to run the least tire possible. Over tiring a car is just handicapping a poor suspension. I understand that it's a lot easier to just throw a slick on, but whats the fun in that? And if you are a street racer like Lemons has claimed in the past, then you don't want to have to run a slick just to hook at the track. I mean what are you gonna do outside of the track where there's no track prep to help you out?

I setup my car to bracket race and to be consistent. DR's and ET Streets are not consistent. I am pretty sure a 26X10 inch tire is not over tiring the car and there is nothing wrong with my suspension. You must have me confused with someone else! I am too old and have way too much to lose to run anywhere but the track!!

I'm not gonna put a heads and cam setup on a 144,000 miles motor with refreshing it and I hate to tear it apart with tit running so good. Not to mention how fun it is to have the quietest V8 at the track and outrun most of the people there.

So now I know why you are staying in the stock internal list. You like telling everyone look at me I have run 7.40's in my car with a stock 144K engine at 3,400 lbs. I remember doing that running 7.50's with another 265 lbs of weight in the car.

I understand that a 3300lbs 346 running mid 10s is no nitrous setup. More than 100 probably wouldn't give you any extra gain anyways. Just giving you a hard time.

Yea I feel like you are really giving me a hard time. The 10.25 run was just no fun at all for this poorly setup car! Let’s see my car is number 12 on the faster list so I guess I will just have to be happy with that!

I do find it odd that you run a slick and the suspension is still loose enough that you might have dragged the bumper with a 1.3 60' and only 75 more hp.

I felt the same as you that a 75 HP shot of nitrous really would not make that much of a difference and did not bother to change my front end setup from my NA runs that day, never changed the shock settings or tightened up the travel limiters. Like I stated before I made a mistake.

You don't have to worry about giving me a hard time. There are less people doing what I'm doing than there are doing what you're doing. Maybe because they aren't trying.

Jon, I went to the list for stock internals and noticed out of 50 cars you were at number 47 so it does look like plenty of people are trying to do what you are doing, but they are doing it a little better then you are!
Oh and Jon for someone that does not care what Lemons is doing you sure are quick to check the thread and post a response! I thought I stayed up late last night!!

Let me know when you ever get out of the mid 7's or high 11's and I will make it a point to listen to anything you have to say!

Lemons sorry for posting in your thread and I will not post any further no matter how much Jon attempts to drag me back into this thread!

Again sorry for posting and trashing up the thread!! Lemons congrats and good luck on your new times!

N2
Old 04-26-2009 | 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

too much drama in this thread!
Old 04-26-2009 | 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

So what were your times?
ummmm.... lets see... since i went with the exact same setup, wouldnt ya think i ran the exact same times...

and actually.. i ran slower 60fts with faster ETs on 2 of the passes, it was also about 10 degrees hotter than last week.. dont know why..

Originally Posted by N2RACINGLS1's
Jon since you said you do not like PM's here you go! My responses are in bold for you!!

Oh and Jon for someone that does not care what Lemons is doing you sure are quick to check the thread and post a response! I thought I stayed up late last night!!

Let me know when you ever get out of the mid 7's or high 11's and I will make it a point to listen to anything you have to say!

Lemons sorry for posting in your thread and I will not post any further no matter how much Jon attempts to drag me back into this thread!

Again sorry for posting and trashing up the thread!! Lemons congrats and good luck on your new times!

N2
man N2, i dont mind you posting in here at all.. you make some nice points! and i enjoy seeing you pwn jon so much..

thanks for the compliments man!
Old 04-26-2009 | 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

oooo ooooo oooo.. my bad, i mean.... i ran one pass with the air bag... i dead hooked... and still ran a 7.2... then i went, poked a hole in it.. and told everyone it wasnt holding air........

i needed some kind of excuse as to why i run slower times and need nitrous to beat you... right, jon?

Old 04-26-2009 | 10:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by N2RACINGLS1's

N2
You had to look at the list? Look at my ******* sig, dumbass. Even still, on the yet to be updated list, there is only one car as heavy as mine ahead of me (and he had the exact same time, but more mph) and I'm the only one (that I know of) on there that doesn't have headers. There are only a few that have made the 11s with similar setups. Regardless, I'm far from done with the bolt ons list.

Glad to know you were running 7.5s with an extra 265lbs over me. You must be a fast *** as well. My car wasn't even that much heavier completely stock and full of gas.

Didn't say that I didn't like PMs, I said visitor messages, but thanks for not cluttering up my inbox with this junk.

And I'm on just about all the time at night. So it's not like I'm sitting around waiting for it. I just check my User CP often. Thanks for noticing though.

Originally Posted by lemons12
ummmm.... lets see... since i went with the exact same setup, wouldnt ya think i ran the exact same times...

and actually.. i ran slower 60fts with faster ETs on 2 of the passes, it was also about 10 degrees hotter than last week.. dont know why..

With all the bullshit that you acted like happened on your last outing. I had no idea if you would have ran better or worse. So, with worse 60s in hotter air you ran better, but didn't feel like posting the times. I'll buy that.
Old 04-26-2009 | 10:19 PM
TECH Junkie

oooo ooooo oooo.. my bad, i mean.... i ran one pass with the air bag... i dead hooked... and still ran a 7.2... then i went, poked a hole in it.. and told everyone it wasnt holding air........

i needed some kind of excuse as to why i run slower times and need nitrous to beat you... right, jon?

You don't need an excuse, I just know that you'll have one.
Old 04-26-2009 | 10:53 PM
10 Second Club

You had to look at the list? Look at my ******* sig, dumbass. Even still, on the yet to be updated list, there is only one car as heavy as mine ahead of me (and he had the exact same time, but more mph) and I'm the only one (that I know of) on there that doesn't have headers. There are only a few that have made the 11s with similar setups. Regardless, I'm far from done with the bolt ons list.
Pretty sure I was about the same weight 3400 vs 3450
Old 04-26-2009 | 11:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BAIN
There are a few around the same. I actually weighed 3480. 3450 was a guesstimate, though that little weight doesn't affect much. Most are way lighter though. I hope to be near you on the list with a set of headers. What was your 1/8 by the way for your SI run?
Old 04-26-2009 | 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

With all the bullshit that you acted like happened on your last outing. I had no idea if you would have ran better or worse. So, with worse 60s in hotter air you ran better, but didn't feel like posting the times. I'll buy that.
no reason to be throwing personal insults towards N2..

all the bull **** that i "acted" like happened... your right.. none of it happened.. i didnt spin at all.. and i didnt hit rev limiter.. o yea, and i have a dyno tune for my heads.. your right AGAIN man!

why should i post the times... they were the same... still running 7.2s.. and i care nothing about that...
it has nothing to do with the way my car ran weather i post up times or not... i have absolutely nothing to prove on this forum so i have no reason to post up every single time i go to the track...

if i get a better time than a 7.2.. ill post up...

and if i remember, ill grab my slips out of the car tomorrow and post up the times after work.... all for you..

as far as you buying anything.. you can buy whatever the **** you want.. doesnt mean **** to me.. your nothing to me.. you have nothing worth talking/posting about.. the first is never gonna change, and i HIGHLY doubt the second one will..

You don't need an excuse, I just know that you'll have one.
your right.... just like i poked holes in the bags so they wouldnt hold air after my first pass... how are you so damn tarded...... i mean so damn good...

Originally Posted by BAIN
better be careful BAIN... hes coming after you........
Old 04-26-2009 | 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol... just looked back at the list... there are plenty of cars ahead of at the same weight... whats wrong with you POS?
Old 04-26-2009 | 11:31 PM
TECH Junkie

lol... just looked back at the list... there are plenty of cars ahead of at the same weight... whats wrong with you POS?
At the moment my best is 11.715, the guy to whom I'm tied at 11.715 is 3600lbs no one else is above that is more than 3450. Getting rid of the manifolds and cats in place of headers will move me on down to those weights but will bump me up a few tenths worth.

What was it that you said your car weighed? Less then 3200? You would be towards the top of the list but you're a heads and cam car.
Old 04-26-2009 | 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

At the moment my best is 11.715, the guy to whom I'm tied at 11.715 is 3600lbs no one else is above that is more than 3450. Getting rid of the manifolds and cats in place of headers will move me on down to those weights but will bump me up a few tenths worth.

What was it that you said your car weighed? Less then 3200? You would be towards the top of the list but you're a heads and cam car.
yea because cars that weigh 3400 are gutted tin cans and that gives them a huge advantage over you... i see where you are going..
i wish i knew exactly what a mod would give me and how my car would respond to it... must be nice...

in the ball park of.. havnt weighed it lately.. good observation on me being a H/C car... i dont think most in this thread caught that...................
Old 04-26-2009 | 11:37 PM
TECH Junkie

i post everytime i go to the track... regardless of what my times are.. and you do realize we are running at two seperate tracks right... come run at huntsville and watch your 7.4 turn into a 7.7-7.8.. ask around.. it is NOT known for its times..
i have absolutely nothing to prove on this forum so i have no reason to post up every single time i go to the track...

if i get a better time than a 7.2.. ill post up...

and if i remember, ill grab my slips out of the car tomorrow and post up the times after work.... all for you..
I don't care what you ran. So you don't have waste your time making up some numbers, to back up what you're saying.
Old 04-26-2009 | 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't care what you ran. So you don't have waste your time making up some numbers, to back up what you're saying.

make up some numbers... do you need a picture of me holding the slips up and giving ya the bird?

would that make you feel better?

if you dont care what i run... then why keep posting in here saying "this and that"... seems like a waste to me..
Old 04-26-2009 | 11:44 PM
TECH Junkie

yea because cars that weigh 3400 are gutted tin cans and that gives them a huge advantage over you... i see where you are going..
i wish i knew exactly what a mod would give me and how my car would respond to it... must be nice...

in the ball park of.. havnt weighed it lately.. good observation on me being a H/C car... i dont think most in this thread caught that...................
Just saying that they don't weight more. No one has had a better ET without headers (to my knowledge). Though I'm sure no one is trying. (which is what I was talking about that N2 commented on)

Saying that I'll gain a few tenths from headers is considered seeing the future? I don't know of anyone who's gained less. I'm sure they are out there, but I don't really think that they matter.
Old 04-26-2009 | 11:46 PM
TECH Junkie

if you dont care what i run... then why keep posting in here saying "this and that"... seems like a waste to me..
Just gives me something to do.
Old 04-26-2009 | 11:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just saying that they don't weight more. No one has had a better ET without headers (to my knowledge). Though I'm sure no one is trying. (which is what I was talking about that N2 commented on)

Saying that I'll gain a few tenths from headers is considered seeing the future? I don't know of anyone who's gained less. I'm sure they are out there, but I don't really think that they matter.
this cracked me up...

the reason people dont try to get fast times without headers.... is because who gives a flying ****... you can be the fastest bolt on car around.. your still slow.. why not go H/C and try to run some fast times, since your car is so godly it should run low 10s EASY... maybe some high 9s... who knows..

just like you dont think they matter... i dont know many people that think your times matter...

everyone in this thread will agree with me on one thing i bet... you think your car is by far something superior... wow, you have ran 7.4s with bolt ons.... why would you post that every chance you get?
you say it like its some huge accomplishment.. an accomplishment would be running low 6.0s-6.2s N/A..

dont argue that one.. cause you proved my point in your post before i said any of that...

i really did LOL..

hopefully i worded that correctly... not paying too much attention to this right now..
Old 04-26-2009 | 11:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just gives me something to do.
must be cool to not give a big enough **** that you dont mind coming in and ruining someones threads... very thoughtful man..

Quick Reply: New Times.. Ms4, PRC, FAST,4k, 410s, etc..