CAM ONLY NEW BEST 10.617 at 124.66MPH!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BADD SS
If it werent raining, at my monday track rental I would be..... Let me know when you realise that RS cam has nothing to do with your 60's... And swap an M6 into your car if you think its easy.
thats why i am his friend M6 car here and trust us we know it's not easy to get a m6 in the 10's cam only but we did
Old 10-18-2009, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
thats why i am his friend M6 car here and trust us we know it's not easy to get a m6 in the 10's cam only but we did
Ive got no prob with chris im glad his car runs good, predz, is another story....

However, vindicator is a big cam @ 240/244 .608/.596 112+4, I can see why it went 10.8 @ 126 in your car, congrats.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That cam Chris has makes a lot of torque. That along with the ss4000 which is already a good converter out of the hole is why the 60 is so good. I bet it wouldnt do that with an ms3 cam only.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TA1364
That cam Chris has makes a lot of torque. That along with the ss4000 which is already a good converter out of the hole is why the 60 is so good. I bet it wouldnt do that with an ms3 cam only.
your spot on my cam would never 60 that with a auto camonly setup
Old 10-18-2009, 05:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it werent raining, at my monday track rental I would be..... Let me know when you realise that RS cam has nothing to do with your 60's... And swap an M6 into your car if you think its easy.
check out the polluter results from LSX shootout, M6 car...

also the top two cam only cars are m6...

I love how everyone keeps saying it is not my cam that makes my car 60ft what it does...it is so easy to cast ones thought as false, but when you do so you have to give your reasons why...so what are they...why does my car 60ft better than everyone else on the list, if it isnt the cam...

remember a majority of the a4 cars on the list are lighter with bigger stalls, and the same suspension mods...also with a better power to weight ratio, i.e. more mph?

i dont care if you dont think it is the cam, but you have to have a rebuttal...

Last edited by chrs1313; 10-18-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
your spot on my cam would never 60 that with a auto camonly setup
but you would mph more , is it worth the trade off i think we will find out next year, looking at changing the cam
Old 10-18-2009, 08:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrs1313
check out the polluter results from LSX shootout, M6 car...

also the top two cam only cars are m6...

I love how everyone keeps saying it is not my cam that makes my car 60ft what it does...it is so easy to cast ones thought as false, but when you do so you have to give your reasons why...so what are they...why does my car 60ft better than everyone else on the list, if it isnt the cam...

remember a majority of the a4 cars on the list are lighter with bigger stalls, and the same suspension mods...also with a better power to weight ratio, i.e. more mph?

i dont care if you dont think it is the cam, but you have to have a rebuttal...
We have a whole ten pages of rebuttal's on the other site.... Everyone except for you and predator z said, hey its not the cam... I also know it was explained to you the possibilities of an inaccurate 60' timing, that there are stock internal cars pulling 1.37's-1.39's which is close enough to be the same. Your car moves out, but it isnt the cam giving you that great 60'.... your car never see's the rpm range pred Z claims to be "so much better" then a non rs cam, and if it does, its for what, 400, 800, 1200 rpm? Hardly enough to give the cam the credit. And just for ***** and giggles, my car would go 1.62 consistantly at e town, 1.61 occasionally, but at cecil or atco it went low 1.5's.... Just saying its hard to pin point exactly what moves you when you have a suspension similar to everyone else as you say, but track prep, and luck also have alot to do with it.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

We have a whole ten pages of rebuttal's on the other site.... Everyone except for you and predator z said, hey its not the cam... I also know it was explained to you the possibilities of an inaccurate 60' timing, that there are stock internal cars pulling 1.37's-1.39's which is close enough to be the same. Your car moves out, but it isnt the cam giving you that great 60'.... your car never see's the rpm range pred Z claims to be "so much better" then a non rs cam, and if it does, its for what, 400, 800, 1200 rpm? Hardly enough to give the cam the credit. And just for ***** and giggles, my car would go 1.62 consistantly at e town, 1.61 occasionally, but at cecil or atco it went low 1.5's.... Just saying its hard to pin point exactly what moves you when you have a suspension similar to everyone else as you say, but track prep, and luck also have alot to do with it.
yea but if it was not for the low end power that the cam is making the car would not Run as well as it is in the 1/8th. i mean 100.18 mph at a 6.69 i would love to see your stick car with a bigger cam come close to that. I mean you can but what will it take???? I t takes leaving the line at 6k plus and having the drive train to hold that. And also the supsen to plant the power. Chris is Runing Stock f- body shocks yes the shocks that cam with the car the day it was sold new. I wish i didnt have to spend $310 on shocks for the rear of my car. I guess all i am trying to say is the cam has alot to do with it but not everything. Chris's car is strong from the line to a little after the 1/8th mark then it just holds it own. I wish my car would leave as hard and charge as hard as his in the 1/8th
Old 10-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Teching In

Chris, if you said cam only i apologize i didnt hear you.No dout you and your dad are doing things right, i just dont have the time to pull my interior to lighten up the car. Im all for light weight, i wish my buddy Mike would do just some of the minimums he's runnin 11.0's at 3900lbs. I cant complain tho 11.2 on a 128k shortblock at 3700 lbs is not to bad. maybe next year ill get ambiitious and pull some seats and any thing else and see what it will do. Shoot me an email next time your going out maybe ill try and get out.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jetmech32
Chris, if you said cam only i apologize i didnt hear you.No dout you and your dad are doing things right, i just dont have the time to pull my interior to lighten up the car. Im all for light weight, i wish my buddy Mike would do just some of the minimums he's runnin 11.0's at 3900lbs. I cant complain tho 11.2 on a 128k shortblock at 3700 lbs is not to bad. maybe next year ill get ambiitious and pull some seats and any thing else and see what it will do. Shoot me an email next time your going out maybe ill try and get out.
I agree, not everyone wants to turn there car into a gutted piece of junk.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
I agree, not everyone wants to turn there car into a gutted piece of junk.
chris car is not a gutted car by any means or junk,i remember him putting his amps back in the rear for more weight to get more traction last time we ran,does that sound like a gutted car?......its missing the rear seats,pass seat,sound deadner under carpet, the spare tire & jack,front & back impact bars,light weight hood,big n littles for rims & tires & maybe the airbags from what i saw......

a couple of you guys are doubters because your jealous of his #s at the track & you have never seen the car........or a car that runs this good for whats done to it........i have and i have also raced him several times & i have checked his car out from top to bottom......its clean & done right,no hack job.

chris & elmer are top notch car guys & great people to boot.i dont know whats wrong with you doubters, they tell you everything about what they do too there cars,cams,converters,rear ends & everything else and what works & what doesnt......they are very helpful & a blast to hang with.....

he drives it from ILL. to IN. to race at rt41 & back home,no trailer queen,hell he had 25000 more miles on his car compared to my 98........

you doubters need to quit typing & start learning how its done......
Old 10-19-2009, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by heymoej
a couple of you guys are doubters because your jealous of his #s at the track & you have never seen the car........or a car that runs this good for whats done to it........i have and i have also raced him several times & i have checked his car out from top to bottom......its clean & done right,no hack job.

chris & elmer are top notch car guys & great people to boot.i dont know whats wrong with you doubters, they tell you everything about what they do too there cars,cams,converters,rear ends & everything else and what works & what doesnt......they are very helpful & a blast to hang with.....

Who are you talking to

Not one person here (in this thread) has called bs.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
Who are you talking to

All the bashing is going on over at hardcorels1
Old 10-19-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoej
chris car is not a gutted car by any means or junk,i remember him putting his amps back in the rear for more weight to get more traction last time we ran,does that sound like a gutted car?......its missing the rear seats,pass seat,sound deadner under carpet, the spare tire & jack,front & back impact bars,light weight hood,big n littles for rims & tires & maybe the airbags from what i saw......

he drives it from ILL. to IN. to race at rt41 & back home,no trailer queen,hell he had 25000 more miles on his car compared to my 98........

You calling me a doubter? If so then you're a ******* idiot. His car runs good and I always look to his to compare what I'm doing.

As far as it being gutted junk, I'm just picking at him. Which no seats sounds pretty gutted. Ok, he might have had some amps in to get past a suspension problem but he wasn't setting records like that either.

So you dreamers and nut huggers need to quit typing and start learning how its done. That way you can argue with your own car and not brag on someone else achievements.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

You calling me a doubter? If so then you're a ******* idiot. His car runs good and I always look to his to compare what I'm doing.

As far as it being gutted junk, I'm just picking at him. Which no seats sounds pretty gutted. Ok, he might have had some amps in to get past a suspension problem but he wasn't setting records like that either.

So you dreamers and nut huggers need to quit typing and start learning how its done. That way you can argue with your own car and not brag on someone else achievements.
One thing is we both pull the saets at the track and put them back in the car's it only takes 15mins plus the girls need there seats for the 2 hour ride home lol
Old 10-19-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

But that is the thing, when someone is set in his thoughts and is unnable to think outside the box, all he does is follow mainstream.
Explain why in all that list of F-body cam only, Chris's car has the SMALLEST cam?
Take Sudderin car on this site and Hardcore, strong setup but bigger cam
236*-240*-.630"-.610" 111 LSA- and he backhalfs 27.07 mph
Chris's car backhalfed 25.27 and 24.48 mph (best ET).
So factor 27.07 - 25.27 = 1.8 mph or in best run 2.59 mph difference.
Range being 1.8>2.5 mph less with a much smaller cam 232/230 111 LSA and a A4 at that.
So where is the extreme deficiency on the backhalf? I will agree that RS splits will run less mph on backhalf, but not that much (if equal size cam). You are talking 1>2 mph max.

Now ask yourself, is 2 mph enough to reel in a car that just blew your doors of in the 1/8? Is that going to make up for the distance difference between the cars? You'll be very surprised by the results

And I tell you from experience, put Chris's combo in heads up situation where he cuts good RTs along with that 60' and 1/8th, it will take a hell of a lot more Hp than him to reel him before the finish line, and I mean a lot.

The whole Hardcore issue started by a thread from Bret " Why Reverse split cams do not work" directly pointing at me for specing some Reverse Split grinds. Clearly the results prove that is not the case, and if one cannot see that, it only means you are unnable to come out for air and are cooped up inside "in box" thinking.

Bottom line is El Toro is still the SMALLEST cam on that list, it is a Reverse Split and it is a darn good contender amongst giants.
Kinda like the F-Body's version of David Vs Goliath

As far as being , well results separate loosers from winners and I do not mind swingging my nuts all the way to the winner circle

Last edited by PREDATOR-Z; 10-19-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
But that is the thing, when someone is set in his thoughts and is unnable to think outside the box, all he does is follow mainstream.
Explain why in all that list of F-body cam only, Chris's car has the SMALLEST cam?
Take Sudderin car on this site and Hardcore, strong setup but bigger cam
236*-240*-.630"-.610" 111 LSA- and he backhalfs 27.07 mph
Chris's car backhalfed 25.27 and 24.48 mph (best ET).
So factor 27.07 - 25.27 = 1.8 mph or in best run 2.59 mph difference.
Range being 1.8>2.5 mph less with a much smaller cam 232/230 111 LSA and a A4 at that.
So where is the extreme deficiency on the backhalf? I will agree that RS splits will run less mph on backhalf, but not that much (if equal size cam). You are talking 1>2 mph max.

Now ask yourself, is 2 mph enough to reel in a car that just blew your doors of in the 1/8? Is that going to make up for the distance difference between the cars? You'll be very surprised by the results

And I tell you from experience, put Chris's combo in heads up situation where he cuts good RTs along with that 60' and 1/8th, it will take a hell of a lot more Hp than him to reel him before the finish line, and I mean a lot.

The whole Hardcore issue started by a thread from Bret " Why Reverse split cams do not work" directly pointing at me for specing some Reverse Split grinds. Clearly the results prove that is not the case, and if one cannot see that, it only means you are unnable to come out for air and are cooped up inside "in box" thinking.

Bottom line is El Toro is still the SMALLEST cam on that list, it is a Reverse Split and it is a darn good contender amongst giants.
Kinda like the F-Body's version of David Vs Goliath

As far as being , well results separate loosers from winners and I do not mind swingging my nuts all the way to the winner circle
Trust me no one knows better about trying to run chris down then me lol. It sucks when some one can put 2 to 3 cars on you and hold it there hahaha just saying.

Rob
Old 10-19-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow.......who pissed in your *****??????

just stating what i know.thats it...

have you ever met chris & elmer or seen there cars?????

didnt think so .but you call it gutted junk....go reread your post.then you dont know what gutted is raceboy.....

and this is not about my car,i did not start the thread......
i have been beaten by chris & beaten chris....so that is here nor there .....

Last edited by heymoej; 10-19-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
Who are you talking to

i am not a member of the other site but i read all the shyt slinging over there & thought i seen a few of the same people here.......

i have seen & ran the car a few times & its legit,i was pulling 1.48 60" full weight when we raced a couple times & he always out 60"........
Old 10-19-2009, 05:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

We are not pissed at anyone here,Its all the non believers over at Hardcore site.If any of you guys have never been there ,your not missing anything at all ,except a non stop pissing match from anyone that post there.Pred is right on about trying to catch someone on the big end.If your car is making 2 mph more than my car, and i can put 1 car length on you by the 660,you will never pass me up in 4 seconds.It only takes 4 seconds for Chris car to run the second half.

Quick Reply: CAM ONLY NEW BEST 10.617 at 124.66MPH!!!!