Cam only na m6 10.842 @ 127.5

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 05:58 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DTB_LS1
Another 150lbs huh? I'm very interested, PM me with the details if you don't mind?
93 link in my sig. I've taken 322 lbs out of my car, still have AC, PS, rear bumper support, stock front seats, carpet, all of the interior panels, dash, stock brakes, wheels, and tires, suspension, etc...

I'm looking at around 2850 lbs with me in it when I get it running. 2680-2700 Eventually when I get everything finished with all of the above interior parts, ac, and PS in the car.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^^^ thats what Im talking about, there some light *** cats out there. I few guys were at 26xx RACE weights, Jugger/magnus... alot of guys around there too. that was before the speedglass, guys doing the tube front ends. and some other things out today.

Originally Posted by DTB_LS1
I'm not sure on my exact weight. I need to weigh it next time I'm at the track. My problem is that I don't want to cut the car up. I want to be able to return it to stock. My weight ruduction list includes.

A/C stuff (Compressor, condensor, accumulator, lines)
AIR/EGR
Stereo (Head unit, amp, speakers)
Steering wheel and airbag (Replaced with MOMO)
Drivers seat (Replaced with a Corbeau)
Pass., rear seats, and belts
Insulation
ABS
TC/Cruise
Front and rear bumper supports
Spare tire/Jack
Spintech muffler w/mufflex tailpipe removed at the track
Billet Streetlites
that sounds about my setup. Once you do rollbar, I think its a givin, rear seats, rear belts, and drill the rear brakets off.

Originally Posted by TOSTO RACING
Good job you're flying. I'm always following these post and have always wanted to try it.

I'll be taking a shot at it next year with a Jerico behind it. I'm buying a brand new gm longblock. I'll prolly do a custom cam and give it a shot. Can't wait!

thanks tim for the help on what clutch to run. I was thinking it was getting worn already form raing all year getting 1.5s and 6500 on the 2step. I broke the rod on the stock master, so cleaned it out while fixing it. Had some crap at the bottem around the stop, and spring. Cleaned it up, and bench bleed, and its mint pedal agian. Looking to go faster this weekend

Don't you have a cam only setup basicly? you have a stock 241s, LS6intake/ unported TB even right?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeh it was it was just .020 over bore and only .510 lift cam it had stock 853's unported stock throttle body and ls6 intake my weight was 3250. I'm gonna run a better intake and throttle body and see what it can do with a cam I spec out with a little more lift.

I think I can get down there pretty far ,but 10.20's will be a task. I went 10.78 at 124 with that motor so we'll see.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

haha I just saw your other post... yup, good plan
Old 10-14-2009, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great times and Killer MPH!

I wish I had a good track to race at. I'm sure I could pick up a few tenths/MPH.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

thanks. its a good track, but nothing like the neg. DA stuff some guys get.
Looking to go faster still.
I took the passanger seat, center console, carpet to get the car a little lighter the other night. Still have the door panels (never been off stock doors), side panels (not sure if they come out with the rollbar now haha), radio and that stuff. And took the 20TL off and Ypipe, Put some 16-18 extions with turndowns on, and got a trailor to use. So it hopfully 100#s lighter probally less, it already had some light stuff on it I removed. Don't have time for a SD or better tune but might be up a few HP (10?) with the exhaust, The openY pipe was like 6-7whp peak over the muffler last year on the dyno.

Quick Reply: Cam only na m6 10.842 @ 127.5