Stock ls6 motor traps 130+

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon331
I don't see what every one is bitching about on a well set up car those power numbers sound about right with the times you guys are running...
My friends foxbody with a cam only lq9 runs 6.60s or 10.50s and his car weights 3000 lbs turbo 350 trans and he put down like 430 through a 5500 stall or something like that lol

and my other buddy is trying to go for the IRS world record with his vet proline built it...his car is unreal lol he has been at valdosta running his car all weekend..
What do they usually trap mph wise?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evo2ls1

what clutch transmission, rear end, just trying to do exactly what you said, trying to learn how to make a stock ls6 run 10's and trap 130!
If that's the case then you are asking the wrong questions?

The clutch, rear, transmission had no positive influence on the cars performance in that video.

Stay humble. Some things you might need to figure out for yourself but most can be learned from the racers on these forums. I recommend you start a thread about your setup and everyone can pitch her their deas on how to help get you get better performance on the drag strip. We might have some info that can help you and it will keep you focussed on your car.
I'm assuming you modded your vette beyond bolt ons?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by vetteboy2k
If that's the case then you are asking the wrong questions?

The clutch, rear, transmission had no positive influence on the cars performance in that video.

Stay humble. Some things you might need to figure out for yourself but most can be learned from the racers on these forums. I recommend you start a thread about your setup and everyone can pitch her their deas on how to help get you get better performance on the drag strip. We might have some info that can help you and it will keep you focussed on your car.
I'm assuming you modded your vette beyond bolt ons?
I am really not sure about the humble comment, in what way am I not being humble? I am not that one you started a thread and only listed a few mods the car has and said just ran 10's and trapped 130 with bolt ons on a ls6...who isnt being humble

Anyway back to the car and the topic and thread you posted. what drivetrain setup does the car have and you left out part of my post, does the car have full interior? does it have AC? ect...

Its wierd, I simply asked a few questions and you instructed me to ask questions to help me go faster by looking to fellow members, which I do frequently. So I ask a few questions just like I do when people post a thread with great track results and they respond with this is my setup, you in turn say nothing except it didnt help, so you added a drivetrain that didnt help the car and in fact before you said it added weight, still doesnt change the questions in fact even more reason to list what drivetrain you have it has no effects on the setup.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:53 PM
12 Second Club

Oh and I left out one of your questions, yes I am past bolt ons and looks like I will need a new motor now lol, can I have your LS6 lol, just playing but really, you really took half of what I said wrong I love going fast with less have done it with friends for a while.

Just alot of misdirection on the forum with certain threads people start thats all, and I am still really curious of what else is done to the car negative or positive.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

I am really not sure about the humble comment, in what way am I not being humble? I am not that one you started a thread and only listed a few mods the car has and said just ran 10's and trapped 130 with bolt ons on a ls6...who isnt being humble

Anyway back to the car and the topic and thread you posted. what drivetrain setup does the car have and you left out part of my post, does the car have full interior? does it have AC? ect...

Its wierd, I simply asked a few questions and you instructed me to ask questions to help me go faster by looking to fellow members, which I do frequently. So I ask a few questions just like I do when people post a thread with great track results and they respond with this is my setup, you in turn say nothing except it didnt help, so you added a drivetrain that didnt help the car and in fact before you said it added weight, still doesnt change the questions in fact even more reason to list what drivetrain you have it has no effects on the setup.
I can't speak for vette boy but my bolt-on ls6 camaro still has full interior(does have carbon front seats), ac , cruise, abs, oe style brakes, all seat belts, rear seats, complete monsoon radio, front and rear bumper supports.....it's pretty much complete. I do have a significant amount of weight out of the car, but it's been done in a manner that retains a complete car. It is my dd.

I even run my 130+ passes on 93 octane sheetz or citgo....or whatever else I would have in it for gas. For sure from my time on the dyno there is some room left in the tune for a more consistent fuel, be it e85 or something else with more octane and/or oxygenated. But tuning closer to then edge could be done with a more consistent fuel for sure. We made 5whp more than whats in my sig but backed it off for safety's sake.

I would like to know what fuel vetteboy runs and how it affects the engine.

It's no secret that alot of guys don't like telling their secrets. Most of the time though the secrets are dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's.....and I mean all of them.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I can't speak for vette boy but my bolt-on ls6 camaro still has full interior(does have carbon front seats), ac , cruise, abs, oe style brakes, all seat belts, rear seats, complete monsoon radio, front and rear bumper supports.....it's pretty much complete. I do have a significant amount of weight out of the car, but it's been done in a manner that retains a complete car. It is my dd.

I even run my 130+ passes on 93 octane sheetz or citgo....or whatever else I would have in it for gas. For sure from my time on the dyno there is some room left in the tune for a more consistent fuel, be it e85 or something else with more octane and/or oxygenated. But tuning closer to then edge could be done with a more consistent fuel for sure. We made 5whp more than whats in my sig but backed it off for safety's sake.

I would like to know what fuel vetteboy runs and how it affects the engine.

It's no secret that alot of guys don't like telling their secrets. Most of the time though the secrets are dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's.....and I mean all of them.
Cool, trust me I know what weigh does, I went 7.50's with 1.60 60ft, complete lifting between shifts lots of room to grow car trapped 92mph and my FRC is lighter than a coupe but not stripped down car. car had alot, you can look at previous post all the time looking for info to go faster, People just get the wrong idea when people post ls6 bolt ons c5z 130 trap, I really was just curious as to drivetrain weight ac interior ect.

And you trap is impressive as well when I get my motor situated then I am on the quest to go fast in my new setup.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh and I left out one of your questions, yes I am past bolt ons and looks like I will need a new motor now lol, can I have your LS6 lol, just playing but really, you really took half of what I said wrong I love going fast with less have done it with friends for a while.

Just alot of misdirection on the forum with certain threads people start thats all, and I am still really curious of what else is done to the car negative or positive.
The title and first post was a way of sparking interest. You have to read the whole thread to understand.
Anyhow what happened to your motor? Are you sure it's shot? I know a great engine builder if you are interest.
I plan on keeping the stock Ls6 to race with after the race motor goes in and then back out.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

You guys do realize the track calibration could simply be off. The only common denominator from these guys is the fact that they are all running at this track. I'd like to see this car at another track... it would be funny to see it lose the 8 or 9 mph it's magically gained by running at this track.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boryke
You guys do realize the track calibration could simply be off. The only common denominator from these guys is the fact that they are all running at this track. I'd like to see this car at another track... it would be funny to see it lose the 8 or 9 mph it's magically gained by running at this track.
I hope not!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Boryke
That is a very good observation.....only one problem with it. I DO NOT RUN AT THAT TRACK. I run at Mason Dixon Dragway. So do you think the traps was off on the 3 separate trips to the track I have run 129+??......over a period of 1 year??

Now was the trapps off at 2 different tracks also?? Vetteboy and I have similar trap speed and the same engine.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We're only interested in ET anyway.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 PM
10 Second Club

I'm not. I just go to the drag strip every now and again to see how changes I have made affect the car. If were overly concerned about et I would already have put the fab 9 in my car that's been laying in my garage for almost a year...lol
Old 02-26-2013, 09:18 PM
12 Second Club

The title and first post was a way of sparking interest. You have to read the whole thread to understand.
Anyhow what happened to your motor? Are you sure it's shot? I know a great engine builder if you are interest.
I plan on keeping the stock Ls6 to race with after the race motor goes in and then back out.
I did lol, and you definitely did that.

it would appear that way, pulled the valve covers everything looks good up top, springs, push rods, rockers, have a knock on driver side, louder under car, so we shall see.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We're only interested in ET anyway.
This x2!

I'm not. I just go to the drag strip every now and again to see how changes I have made affect the car. If were overly concerned about et I would already have put the fab 9 in my car that's been laying in my garage for almost a year...lol
oh boy

You ever find those slips/vids? just curious
Old 02-27-2013, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I did lol, and you definitely did that.

it would appear that way, pulled the valve covers everything looks good up top, springs, push rods, rockers, have a knock on driver side, louder under car, so we shall see.
That sucks, Keep us posted, hopefully nothing too severe.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
This x2!

oh boy

You ever find those slips/vids? just curious
I've posted the slips.....go look for them. Your not the only one that has asked for them. No vid though, not everyone runs around with a camera crew in their pocket......done told ya that too.

The problem is you and others don't understand that messing with the little **** sometimes adds up to more than the big **** your trying to mess with. But when you get the little **** right it works really good
Old 02-28-2013, 07:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've posted the slips.....go look for them. Your not the only one that has asked for them. No vid though, not everyone runs around with a camera crew in their pocket......done told ya that too.

The problem is you and others don't understand that messing with the little **** sometimes adds up to more than the big **** your trying to mess with. But when you get the little **** right it works really good
We should try to line up somewhere like Atco or MIR and run side by side.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:56 AM
10 Second Club

I would like that. Mike Morris has been trying to get me to go to ATCO, he actually called me last night trying.....but that's a hell of a ride for me. So is MIR, about 3hrs. I went to MIR a couple years ago and broke a axle. Either is to far to go with the 10bolt in it, it will just break another axle when I get aggressive with it. The 10bolt can take 1.7 60's but when I try to get more out of it I get a axle as a prize.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I love the 'just took a grenade' look inside a 10 bolt when they let go. Shrapnel everywhere... Make sure you take pictures when it lets go!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
I love the 'just took a grenade' look inside a 10 bolt when they let go. Shrapnel everywhere... Make sure you take pictures when it lets go!
My r&p has been fine with the 3.90's. But my axles has been catching hell. I could go to a soft sidwall tire and probably help them out. But I try to run it in a dd form on a m&h dr. Not a great dd tire but it's a lot better in the rain than most other dr's.

Quick Reply: Stock ls6 motor traps 130+