Beaten by 08 gt, auto

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Beaten by 08 gt, auto

helllooooo, this is my first post, i hope im not doing anything wrong.

i have an m6 2000 trans am, im still a newbie to sticks but i think i shouldve got him. my only problem was that the car went sideways...and the TCS was on!!!!
it was from a dig and another one from 10 roll or something, wasnt too professional. but how the hell do i launch the car properly??!!

BTW car is stock, only manual cutout. lowish miles.

thank you in advance!
Old 03-21-2014, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hi, you lost the race as soon as you spun your tires. I have a '08 Mustang GT with a Airaid intake, tune and Borla exhaust and a '01 Trans Am ws6 that is cammed and stalled. My GT has big tires and I can hammer it and get off the line pretty quick without spinning tires much. My TA breaks tires a lot easier and I've learned to accelerate with gas pedal at a constant downward push without hammering and burning rubber. Now, my modded '08 GT vs a stock Fbody it would be a good race. The GT puts down about 300 at the wheels, your stock TA may put down a little bit more but the wheels spinning will kill you. Turn off the TCS, Feather the throttle, learn to accelerate without burning your tires and you will be surprised at how you can hang in there off the line. Everyone loses races at first, it takes practice and skill to beat even slower cars. That is why experience racers call it a "driver mod"
Old 03-21-2014, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Here are my cars together

Here they are together. You can do some slight mods that would give you more horses over the GT, and a tune, and grip that launch!
Attached Thumbnails Beaten by 08 gt, auto-transam-mustang.jpg  
Old 03-21-2014, 08:21 AM

yeah i'll try when im free and have some extra cash...gas is killing me i only had the car for one week now, im used to v6's. but as for the mods, i do not want to ruin my car, it has lowish mileage and fully stock and wanna keep it that way. maybe exhaust systems or something. but when u floor and dont burn rubber, do u go as fast? i mean wont that slow me down? BEAUTIFUL CARS BTW.

IM NOT LAUNCHING IT AGAIN! DONOT WANT TO BREAK REAR END!. i know i should beat him but for me maybe only from a 40 roll or some'.
thnx guys.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for stopping by!

Al
Old 03-21-2014, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tabassem
yeah i'll try when im free and have some extra cash...gas is killing me i only had the car for one week now, im used to v6's. but as for the mods, i do not want to ruin my car, it has lowish mileage and fully stock and wanna keep it that way. maybe exhaust systems or something. but when u floor and dont burn rubber, do u go as fast? i mean wont that slow me down? BEAUTIFUL CARS BTW.

IM NOT LAUNCHING IT AGAIN! DONOT WANT TO BREAK REAR END!. i know i should beat him but for me maybe only from a 40 roll or some'.
thnx guys.
Burning rubber is not racing, that is showboating like a lot of kids do at car meets. To race, you must keep your wheels on the ground and let them grab the pavement while you apply a constant downward pressure on gas pedal while releasing clutch.

Watch this video, this Trans Am burns rubber to heat up his tires but he isn't going anywhere! Then when he races he doesn't burn rubber because he wants to win a race. I hope that explanation helps.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by RJDio
Burning rubber is not racing, that is showboating like a lot of kids do at car meets. To race, you must keep your wheels on the ground and let them grab the pavement while you apply a constant downward pressure on gas pedal while releasing clutch.

Watch this video, this Trans Am burns rubber to heat up his tires but he isn't going anywhere! Then when he races he doesn't burn rubber because he wants to win a race. I hope that explanation helps.Eagle's Turbo Trans Am at FAST Motorsports Track Day - YouTube
I hate it when it burns rubber... so ur saying that my foot will still be on the clutch(half way??) and floor the gas easily?
Old 03-24-2014, 07:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are the mods to each of them? My 09 gt went 8.2x in the 1/8th with headers and axle back exhaust.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
What are the mods to each of them? My 09 gt went 8.2x in the 1/8th with headers and axle back exhaust.
manual cutout on mine other than that were both stock.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:38 AM
Launching!

A lot of people don't UNDERSTAND (not know) that the G8's pack a punch with that 6.0. Especially if they've spent the money to get a lot of the factory limitations tuned off the car. My BONE stock GT went 13.2X's on street tires with only a tune. For most stock F-bodys, that's enough to get the job done.

Quick Reply: Beaten by 08 gt, auto